Park Hotel Clarke Quay / Maintenance of pool

Singapore, Singapore

I am writing to advise I contracted a dangerous, painful and costly ear infection after swimming in the Park Hotel Clarke Quay pool. I stayed there from 21-23 July. I tried their pool with spa the morning after i arrived. The spa in the pool wasn't working. I asked one of your staff about it and he didn't seem to care or explain why. He was listlessly sweeping around the pool and was clearly disinterested in the fact that your spa wasn't working. I suggest therefore their maintenance standards are wanting and unsatisfactory. Within hours of swimming in their pool I was experiencing symptoms of an ear infection. For the traveller this is a significant health risk. My flight home was excruciating. I sought medical advice as soon as I returned to Australia a day later, was medicated for a week (antibiotics, eardrops and pain relief) during which I spent several nights in agony. Then followed two nights in emergency care in the Prince of Wales hospital in Randwick, Sydney in incredible pain and on heavy painkillers and antibiotics. I have had a total of two weeks on high dose antibiotics and high dose painkillers with resulting impaired liver function, still under medical review. My emergency care treatment included intravenous Endone, Fentanyl and Morphine as well as anti-inflammatory medication, Dexamethasone. My pain and suffering was significant. I was very, very unwell after swimming in their pool. I wanted to provide them with an opportunity to redress the situation and have lodged a complaint with them, without any response to date. I was utterly dismayed and traumatised by my accommodation experience with Park Hotel Clarke Quay. I hope they will consider the complaint and respond.

Te