Pariway animal hospital of parkland, WA / Dog not diagnosed

United States, Washington, Parkland wA
14107 Pacific Ave South
Parkland wA
Phone: 253-531-0454
On approximately 11 Feb 09 I took my dog to Parkway Vet Hospital in Parkland, WA. He was bloated, wasn't eating and drinking lots of water. Dr. Michelle Sage did a physical exam and commented that the dog was too fat to detect a mass if there was one. I told her he was not being overfed and she said that obviously he was taking in too much food. She said they could run lab test for $200, but that even if deficiencies are shown, nothing is done unless the dog is being harmed in some way by the deficiency. She said the dog did not appear to be sick. He was a 9 year old malamute and upon reading about these symptoms, spleen cancer is the main culprit. But she sent us out of there after a 5 minute exam, $55/ and couldn't or wouldn't take the time to find out what was going on. He had a ten pound tumor in his spleen, plus three more back of his neck and one large mass on the side of his neck. I took him to another doctor who immediately found the mass. One week later my dog dies. Dr. Sage seem totally unsympathetic to my dog's needs and seem totally disinterested in properly examining him. This is malpractice and no animal should be under her care.