Paragon Properties Of costa Rica / Fraud

I have purchased 2 properties from Paragon Properties of Costa Rica located in Hollywood, FL. I purchased these properties almost 5 years ago and was told that the first property in Heights of Pacifica, Phase 3 would be ready for building within 18 months. I have a deed that shows that I could build a home for $58.00 a square foot. About 2 years ago I 2was sent this beautiful brochure showing all these beautiful homes. Since then I've made 3 trips to view my properties and everything is at a stand still. Most of the personnel that were with the company in Florida, namely Lyle Wexler and Kenny Gold are long departed for all kinds of ridiculous reasons and the few that are remaining are very evasive to any questions. The way I see it, I'm out $55, 000.00 and these con men could care less. For what its worth I think anyone and all who read this should ban together and file a class action suit freezing any and all their assets before they disappear. Feel free to contact me should you read this.

Comments

• De
      16th of Apr, 2010

Dear Mr. Calcaterra,

We at Real Estate and Business Attorneys (RE&B Attorneys) would like to be able to assist you in your property purchase in Costa Rica.

Attached you will find some general guidelines for the acquisition of real estate in Costa Rica.

Regarding Paragon Properties, we have never closed on one of their properties, and we do not advise them. We have heard bad stories about them.

If you need any information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Agustín Alvarez C.
    RE&B ABOGADOS
    Herradura, Costa Rica
    Tel. (506)2637-7640
    Fax. (506)2637-7642

• He
      5th of May, 2010

I have been trying to get in contact with Paragon Properites of Costa Rica. No one answers. The Costa Rica phone number is disconnected. I called the registered agent in Florida. He informed me that Paragon Properties of Costa Rica is out of business, and that he had heard of several lawsuits.

Any one have any updates?

14th of May, 2010

We need to contact the FBI asap.

14th of May, 2010

The office in Hollywood, FL is now closed, they're all gone. I lost 35 k.

14th of May, 2010

We need to ban together to get our money back, please call my cell phone is 623-202-5599, my name is Lam Tran, I lost 35 k in deposit.

• Cw
      16th of May, 2010

Lam - get ahold of karina@johnphess.com

we're all banding together for a lawsuit

9th of Jun, 2010

I WOULD LIKE TO BE IN ON THE LAWSUIT.
    MY NAME IS CHRIS AND I CAN BE CONTACTED AT 559 213 3372. I LOST/ THEY STOLE 68K AND I NEVER EVEN GOT A DEED OR S.A. I GOT NOTHING BUT EMPTY PROMISES AND LIES FROM DAY 1. I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH NICK AT THE FL. ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE. PLEASE CONTACT HIM ASAP THEY ARE LOOKING INTO A INVESTIGATION ON BILL GALE. NICK AT THE A.G.'S OFFICE INFO IS BELOW. [censored] THES GUYS IM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ON MY BACK! NO ONE SHOULD...

Nick Weilhammer
    Fax: 850-488-9134
    E-mail: nicholas.weilhammer@myfloridalegal.com

• Ju
      15th of Jun, 2010

Hi Chris, I have lost 88, 000 in deposits with Paragon. I will contact Nick Weilhammer to see what the next steps are. I was under the impression that the escrow agent Charles Neustein had our deposits in Escrow to avoid just this type of situation.

16th of Jun, 2010

To all:

I think we should either go with Sarelson or Alvarez. Either way they are going to have to get a Costa Rican Attorney involved. I am hearing the new voice message they have and I have no idea who it is but it isn't Dave Valentine. As for Neustein, they're in hot water and they know it. I can be reached at 303-345-3011. If you have questions feel free to call me. Leave a message if I don't answer because I work nights and sleep during the day. We need to band together and be rational. Panic and anger gets us nowhere.

Dennis C.
    lionize@comcast.net

23rd of Jun, 2010

Add me to the list of suckers conned. I purchased in Vista Del Mar, they got 35K from me. Anthony Turchetta 480-575-0729 PO Box 285, Cave Creek, AZ 85327 turk@turchetta.com

I just called Neustein's office, waiting to hear back from him. Girl who answered the phone said he has not been involved with them for years.

4th of Aug, 2010

I to am a victum of this scam. My wife and I went to ther office in Holloywood, Fl. on April 21st. We talked to David Valintine and he assured us that if we put in for the refund that we would recive our 35K back. Well we sent the refund request along with the agreement for deed certified mail and have not herd a word back or as I requested a signed copy of the mail. While we were there Bill Gayle was there and I have to say the guy looked pretty ill. I have contacted Matthew Sarelson in reguards to the class action lawsuit.

Contact information is: mmchugh@fire.lacounty.gov
    Cell# 213.503.0103

6th of Aug, 2010

To All:

I have retained a lawyer in Costa Rica. His name is Arturo Blanco. US: 786-245-4147
    I didn't go with Alvarez because of his fees. Arturo is very reasonable and is well abreast of the Paragon situation. Feel free to contact me at lionize@comcast.net.

13th of Aug, 2010

I have also been left unanswered by my request for a refund. My mother and I both deposited $84K on two lots. Our certified mail requesting refund was returned. I have spoken with Sarelson but their fees seem extremely high for a class action... especially when there is no guarantee on what amount they will be able to get back? My fear with a class action is that the lawyer will make significant money even if the firm settles for a low return. A class action lawyer has no incentive to fight for high returns when if he/she has such numerous clients.
    I have some interesting call recordings with Gale from last fall where he states that the company has landed a new investor and will be moving forward in 2010. He also states that he will refund anyone who requests it. I also have video footage of us being shown the wrong property lot and then Paragon allowing us to switch lots once we caught them in error.

I am currently researching the best method of going after Paragon and all those involved in the deception. If anyone knows of a pending lawsuit that is offering more "fair" fees. Please contact me at flavorking@gmail.com

6th of Sep, 2010

My name is John Mauldin and I also purchased in Phase3 about 4 years ago. I paid $29 K for a plot. Can someone contact me please.

757 277 3819

• Mm
      15th of Sep, 2010

My name is
    Monica Davis. I too put in 35 K someone plse contact.
    puravida1120@gmail.com

• Va
      22nd of Sep, 2010

I am a victum of this scam. Piad them too, cannot get it back.
    We need to band together and be rational. Panic and anger gets us nowhere.

Contact information is: vadyms@yahoo.com
    Cell# 415.377.0338

• Cb
      4th of Oct, 2010

Today is October 4, 2010.

Is it too late to do anything now? Has anybody received any results (positive or negative) of legal action? Poor me, I am the last person who should have been investing in what turns out to have been a scam. Friends warned me!!! It wiped out all of my little savings.

Carl Blake
    clblake245@yahoo.com
    (510) 567-8877

• Ci
      11th of Oct, 2010

OUR family as well are victims of this. I just looked at my address book today to call and ask what was up and if there had been any progress? I couldn't get a hold of them and googled and found all these complaints .
    I can't afford a lawyer is that the only way out of this?
    The LEach family
    salesbysue@gmail.com
    901-881-8007

• Xj
      28th of Oct, 2010

I lost $48, 000 and would like to join suit. Please contact Tim: tjao44@yahoo.com

30th of Oct, 2010

Bill Gale and his wife Judy will be at the high school reunion party to be d=held at Grand beach Hotel by Nov 12th and Nov 13th.

Notify local police so they can apprehend him...Bill and his wife both went to Miami beach high, all victims can find more information when contact the school office. They can run but they cannot hide.
    his wife email address is:

JudithGale@aol.com

One more note forBill Gale:

Call me at 623-202-5599 and refund my money of 35 K... ASAP, before it's too late, your face will be shown on national TV, all your friends will know what you have done to numerous unsuspecting victims, I knew it from the beginning, but now I am actively pursuing you, I will assist the police to put you behind bars, if you do not return my money today, I will also report you to the DEA, and FBI and CIA ... because you had used my money to deal drugs in Costa Rica. So act now, return my money of 35K...before I report you to all law enforcement agencies in the US and abroad. You will not have time to enjoy your stolen money with Judy any more.

The man in photo is Bill Gale ...the fugitive.