Paradise Galleries / product not sent

United States Review updated:
I ordered a doll for my granddaughters 6th birthday in Febuary.I was sent a email every month for 9 months saying sorry we are on backorder with it. I called today and asked for a supervisor. She back paddled also sorry sorry!! So I said ok send me another one. She said that one was also on backorder. I will contact my state BBB as soon as they open. There is nothing worst than promising a kid a gift she picked out herself ,and I keep saying they said next month. I even offered to take her to a store to find something. She said no I want the pretty one I picked. They offered me free shipping what a joke ! Like it will ever be shipped. Penny Metzner

Comments

Sa
  3rd of Nov, 2007
I ARGEE I WAS WORKING AND WAS GETING PAID ALL SUMMER AND I ORDER A DOLL NAMED LAYLA IT BEEN ABOUT 6 MOTHS AND I NEVER GOT MY DOLL AND YES IVE GOT A NOTE EVERY MOTH
Hm
  23rd of Jan, 2008
i completely agree. i have ordered 2 dolls separately from them. one they said was in-stock, so i ordered it. then 6 weeks later, when i called them because it hadn't came, they said it was unavoidably backordered due to a fluke problem with their distributor. now, this doll, which i bought back in june (again, in-stock), is backordered, and every time i get a promise to ship date, that date comes, i wait, then i get another notice saying it'll be in in a few months or whenever. their customer service number, which is really one person, doesn't really understand english very well, and uses that lack of understanding to get out of explaining fully what is going on. i have a feeling i've been scammed.
Be
  6th of Apr, 2008
I ordered a doll from Paradise Galleries in Nov. 2007. was told it would be in on January. I then got a letter in the mail, saying it was back-ordered until the end of March. I called this week which is April now. I was told the distributor couldn't get anymore. They were no longer making this doll. This was suppose to be a Christmas present for my mother-in-law.

You can also go onto www.[redacted].com and report what has happened. A lot of people look at this website. I will be posted on it shortly.
Ni
  16th of Apr, 2008
Did any of you get your money back?
Sh
  18th of Apr, 2008
I live in Canada and ordered a doll from them. Had it shipped to a US address and was quoted US
shipping . On my credit card reciept they chaged me intenational shipping . It took me 6 months of phoning every month to get them to credit my card. Would never order anything again from them !!!
De
  7th of May, 2008
I placed an order for a doll last yr. and was told a couple of months later it was discontinued so I have ordered 2 more dolls and was sent a bill, can you please ^ this for me and e-mail me the results.

Acc. no. on bill I have recevied 6210830
Ne
  9th of Aug, 2008
i worked for paradise in 2000 in the warehouse and data entry department. backorder= means we dont have enough orders so we will make u wait as long as we have to. to make sure we make a profit.
Ga
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree, I got a doll from paradise galleries, paid for it, and both the doll arms came off. the doll did not look nothing like the picture in the book. I could not even comb her hair because of so much glue in her head. Paradise Galleries dolls are not what they advertise them to be. Thank you
Ly
  5th of Nov, 2008
I ALSO PURCHASED A DOLL FROM PARADISE GALLERIES. IT WAS A SIICON DOLL. WE HAD IT ONE YEAR TO THE DATE PURCHASED AND THE HAND FELL APART AND THE HEAD FELL OFF. IT WASN'T BEING HANDLED IT SET IN A CASE. THEY REFUSED TO MAKE IT GOOD OR AREFUND OR REPAIR IT.
Ra
  14th of Nov, 2008
Would like to say I ordered two dolls on 11/10/08, it said one was ready to be shipped and one would be ready on 11/14/08. However, both were shipped on 11/11/08 and I received them on 11/14/08. Could not be happier with every conversation with the company, was direct and polite and I was not on hold long at all. Both dolls are in perfect condition, the packaging was super.
Co
  18th of Nov, 2008
I too am unhappy with Paradise Galleries. I put in an order during the holidays last year for three different items. I received a letter saying only one item would be ready before Christmas; another item would be ready in January and the last item wouldn't be available until March. It wasn't at all what I wanted, but I let the order stand. I recieved two of the items, the one for a January shipment did come before Christmas - okay. In April I called because I never received the doll I ordered in March and they said they sent all three ( at different times) before Christmas. I went to the post office and the PO showed it was delivered. I called Paradise Galleries and pleaded with them about not receiving the doll, especially since I wasn't even looking for it until March. The lady was nice but said the doll was no longer available. She said they could mail me a refund or give me a credit. I said I would like the credit. I have since called back to place a large order like last Christmas. I did question the associate why the doll is available even though I was told differently. I asked why things get shipped like they do so it is impossible to plan on an item for a special occasion. I was told there was no record of a credit and that she could not help me. I RECOMMEND SHOPPING ELSEWHERE. I LEARNED THE HARD WAY.
Ha
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I have had numerous issues with Paradise Galleries and will never order from them again, ive had them charge my credit card for purchases-without authorization at that, once i gave them my account information while placing an order over the phone-they continued to use it, when i called them i got a run around-i was told they could do that and i authorized it when i authorized the first payment, i had not recieved the order and didnt know if i would wanted it or not.Prior to this issue i had ordered two dolls for my daughter for Christmas and had issues with recieving my orders in time for the Holiday and they wer ordered three months before, i kept calling the company and was told they had been shipped, i even called the post office, right before Christmas i recieved a post card that they would be available for shipment in febuary, i called the Company and told them to cancel the order and was told they couldnt-it was in the computer system and they would be shipped, i was told to just send them back when i recieved them, i recieved them a week later, lol-when i recieved the order my daughter seen the boxes delivered and begged to open them right away, i let her- and the first doll didnt look at all like the picture(or the replacement doll)and the second doll made her scared and she cryed, the craftmanship was terrible-it honestly looked like something off a horror movie, the list of complaints i have about this company are to many to list even, i do not recomend anyone to make a purchase from them.
Ha
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Just a suggestion-if you have issues with this company not answering the phone to you after you have called them about a problem-restrict your call and try them again, i got through several times when i did this, ussually speaking with a women who has an accent, i found it strange that i spoke with her so often, does her job ever end, i have spoken with her at all times of the day and night over issues, i started to wonder if she might be making the dolls as well and mabe thats why so much confusion and delay.lol
An
  26th of Aug, 2009
I used to work for the company as a Representative, I would say that I had a hard time accessing the tracking system, we are only allowed to view the order entry and the customer database. Please bear the reps if they seem to always put you on hold. it was chaotic on the floor but I could assure you that the best reps are willing to assist you.
Er
  23rd of Oct, 2014
I have ordered from paradise galleries in April and just now on October 20th. They had told me that it would take 5-7 business days to receive the dolls but it only takes 2. I'm so impressed about how fast the shipping is. They're so polite on the phone to me. When I got the doll back in April I was so impressed on the doll that I ordered. I was a little nervous to order online as I never have done so, but I can say that I'm 100% satisfied with Paradise Galleries. Sorry to the ones that didn't get the service they wanted/needed.

Erika