Paradise Dachshunds / Miniature dachshund breeder

2-5 Uxbridge, MA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a dog from Paradise Dachshunds January 2015. The dog was 9 months old and had been kept back for show, however, she did not have the qualifications as a show dog and I was told also to small to breed. I was charged the full price I would have been charged had I taken a 8 week old puppy. $1500. I was told it was due to the fact that she had vaccinations given already. Shortly after I took possession of the dog she began to show signs of an ammunition system disorder called Vasculitus. This disorder affects the pads of the paws and the ears. With my dog, the ears only so far. It was terribly stressful. I had to take her to a specialist to get the disease under control. Her ears bled out and the ends of her ears died so that she actually has pieces of her ears missing, scaring and hair loss. She is on medication for the duration of her life which costs about $60/mth and has to go to a dermatologist for check ups. This was caused by vaccinations she received prior to being purchased by me. In addition she has pattern hair loss and also had a umbilical hernia which was repaired just this past week after it suddenly enlarged on the outside.the breeder is well aware that I was dissatisfied that I paid such a large amount of money for a dog that has so many genetic issues and particularly the vasculitus since it does not show until several months after the vaccinations, the vaccinations that she was responsible for having her given and the reason I paid such a high price for a 9 month old puppy. When I told her all of the issues and I thought as a breeder she would want to know, her comment was that she wasn't breeding the dogs mother any more any way. Although her contract states no refunds for any health issues down the road, the issues were something that couldn't have been detected at the first vet visit and since she had the vaccinations administered I feel that she is responsible. Ethically speaking, I feel that I should be given at least a partial refund to help with the initial expenses of caring for my dogs immune system disorder which was triggered by vaccinations when she was not in my care/ownership.

Paradise Dachshunds

Lo
Dec 16, 2016

Comments

• Pa
      11th of Mar, 2018

I just checked their website to determine if I was going to consider purchasing a dachshund through them as there are several breeders in the New England states to consider. However, their webpage reads that they will not even answer a simple question of price until an application is completed. This application is very thorough and will take quite a while to properly complete. Although it is good to vet would-be buyers, I do not want to waste 30 minutes of my time to simply get a price for a puppy. The fact is that they may be overpriced compared to other breeders and I would have no need to complete their application. Furthermore, their waiting list deposit policy is also a little disconcerting. More specifically, it reads that any cancellation will forfeit the $200 deposit. Other similar breeders allow for the deposit to be applied to another puppy in a future litter. My concern is that the $200 deposit for Paradise would be for a specific dachshund and would not be transferable. Just my two cents...

• Pd
      5th of Apr, 2018

@Patriots Fan Hello - who are you? I am Paradise Dachshunds, I adhere to my policy of not sharing prices and litter information until I am able to review your basic information which only requires about 5 minutes of your time to complete. I am not selling washing machines, these are living, breathing bundles of joy that only properly vetted homes are lucky enough to own. The application is a great way for reputable, conscience breeders, such as myself, to get to know more about anyone wishing to own one of my beautiful miniature dachshunds. As far as deposits, of course they are transferable to another litter. The deposit is NEVER for a specific puppy. Please remove your comment, or get in touch with me ASAP. Thank you.

• Ha
      6th of Nov, 2018

@Patriots Fan Completely agree with everything you just stated. No thanks we are moving on looking for a breeder with a better disposition . MAK

18th of Dec, 2018

@Patriots Fan Read your contact first off, Patriotfan You and you alone are responsible for the care of your pup after purchase. Things that happen down the line are your responsibility. Secondly, a reaction to a vaccine is not a genetic defect. If you’re the type of person looking to place blame instead of taking responsibility, blame the vaccine manufacturer. Reactions, however are normally in the warnings so you assume the risk of these. The breeder has NOTHING to do with it. Lastly, your complaints against the breeder have no basis and are completely defamatory. You need to grow up. The bills are yours alone I’m afraid. If you can’t afford to care for a pet with any issues that could arise, you should have never purchased one. Your post needs to be deleted or if not, completely ignored. I purchased a beautiful puppy here in complete conformance with AKC standards and perfect in every way. If the puppy has any issue down the line, I will care for her as any good owner would instead of making baseless complaints and trying to get money from someone else for her bills who had nothing to do with it in the first place.

• Lm
      6th of Nov, 2018

Glad I read this! moving on!!

• Ro
      15th of Dec, 2018

We just purchased a lovely 13 week old female pup from Helen, who was not only very professional, but drove over 2 hours to NH to deliver this wonderful dog to us, at no extra, cost. Helen is an honest, decent, caring person, and we couldn't be happier. All paperwork, vet visits, shots, etc.all documented. Yeah, in life, there are no "extended warrantees" on pets. Like the lady said, this isnt a washing machine.

• Pu
      29th of Dec, 2018

@Robert Philbrick Can you please share with me when this was?

• Ro
      15th of Dec, 2018

Oh, i forgot to 5-star Helen.

18th of Dec, 2018

@Robert Philbrick She deserves 5 stars.

18th of Dec, 2018

We have had a perfect experience with this accredited and reputable breeder. The puppy we purchased was 5 months old with a perfect temperament and very well trained. She was in perfect health as well. Every puppy is unique and once you take ownership of the puppy, their concerns become your own. You can’t blame reactions it may have down the road or a hernia that suddenly develops after purchase on the breeder. The woman who commented above needs to grow up and take responsibility for the little pup instead of blaming someone else. The whiny woman also needs to honor her contract! I stand with Paradise Dachshunds, a terrific breeder.

• Pu
      29th of Dec, 2018

@AttorneyACBuyer Can you please share with me when this was? Meaning did you go through this experience recently or a while back?