Papers & Petals / The worst wedding dress store ever

Papers & Petals, in Burlingame, CA was the WORST customer experience I've ever had in my life! Rude, incompetent staff - especially the owner... Georgette(?) - seemed annoyed by my every word. Finally, after a few minutes she seemed to have lost any interest in me as a customer and started to simply ignore me all together to the point where my fiancee asked me if I wanted him to kick her ### all over the place for being so disrespectful to me. Ladies, do yourself a favor and don't let those people ruin your mood! Stay away from that store!!!

Ba

Comments

• To
      8th of Aug, 2009
    Papers & Petals - Stay away
    Papers & Petals

Papers & Petals, in Burlingame, CA was the WORST customer experience I've ever had in my life! Rude, incompetent staff - especially the owner... Georgette(?) - seemed annoyed by my every word. Finally, after a few minutes she seemed to have lost any interest in me as a customer and started to simply ignore me all together to the point where my fiancee asked me if I wanted him to kick her ### all over the place for being so disrespectful to me. Ladies, do yourself a favor and don't let those people ruin your mood! Stay away.

• Ud
      13th of Mar, 2010
    Papers & Petals - Do not buy from here
    Papers & Petals
    paperandpetalsbridal.com

At the time of purchase, I informed Georgette at Papers and Petals of my wedding date she told me the bridesmaid dresses will arrive on time. I agreed to the delivery date, read the contract, signed it and placed my order.

Ten days later, Georgette contacted me for a rush fee in order for the dresses to arrive on time. I querried her about her delay in contacting me but no answer was given. When asked to confirm a delivery date, Georgette said she would get back to me the next day which did not happen. I initiated to call her the following day only to get a rough estimate. My fiance called and was given yet another arrival date.

I told Georgette I ONLY agreed to the additional fee if she could confirm and reassure me of the new arrival date in writing for my protection, in fear of any inaction from her side which could cause further delays. Unfortunately, Georgette refused and stated: “life is not a guarantee and that refunds are only permitted if the dresses failed to arrive at all.” I told her this would be too risky for anyone’s once in a lifetime event but she said that was how things work.

The way things work is the contract is only binding when the present purchasing conditions not changed; that is, the delivery date is unchanged as stated at the time of purchase. But when I was contacted 10 days later regarding a rush fee, this qualifies for a change of condition and as a consumer, I believe I have the rights to cancel my order. “Life may not be a guarantee” but business should. Papers and Petals has been in the wedding business for many years; Georgette should be well aware of all the manufacturing time frames required for the merchandises to arrive on time. I shouldn’t be liable for her delay in placing her order with the manufacture or any mishaps happened on her side.

I am disputing this charge with Visa. Their customer care professional who contacted Georgette for her side of the story informed me little had been established since she was “very nasty” in tone and insisted on only talking to a supervisor. Make your own judgement but my advice is try the dresses there then buy online.