Papatek.com / Inability to respond to Customer Complaint

1 2520 Seaboard AveSan Jose CA 95131, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello

I ordered a replacement AC adapter for my Acer laptop. I went to the
site, purposely choosing it because it claimed to be out of California. I
placed the order February 8th, 2009.

I used papatek's site search engine and using my laptops brand series number found
what looked like the right AC adapter.

I ordered it, using my credit card and awaited its arrival.

When it came...days and days and days later I was disappointed to learn
that it was the wrong one and incompatible for my laptop.

I instantly called Papatek.com and was told that returns/exchanges could
only be dealt with via their website. Disappointed I emailed their
customer service and awaited a response. I did get a quick automated
reply from "Sophy" but could tell from the use of the English language
that it was being written by folks who do not reside in CA let alone
America. I have written "Sophy" 5 times requesting a return address and a
exchange for the correct charger. And besides being apologetic, I cannot
seem to get a return address. I then called Papatek directly again and
they confirmed that they have outsourced their customer service abroad. I
felt like Papatek concealed the truth about their outsourcing and are not
the all American company they appear to be.
According to "sophy" I am responsible for the return postage and then the
postage again on the correct charger...even though it was their site that
recommended the incorrect one. I think this is wrong. I no longer want a
replacement, just my money returned.

I emailed "sophy" again today and again asked for the correct delivery
address. If I do not hear from them again I will just return it and
dispute the charges with my Credit card company. What a waste of time and
energy.

DO NOT USE PAPATEK.COM or you will be ripped off!

Thanks for reading!!

Anna

Comments

• So
      17th of Apr, 2009

papatek.com is a very good site, I bought a lot of items from it. It provides very good items and customer service. Once, I bought a wrong item for my careless and emailed to it, then I got a reply whithin 12 hours and make the wrong one replaced in 4-days. I am very glad to buy items from it. It is very nice of its customer service. The delivery is also very fast and I get my items 3 days after placing an order on it. It does very good job. I love it.

• Vi
      28th of Apr, 2009

That's really an unhappy experience .But luckily, I order 4 times and I feel very well every time . If it's true, really hope the staff improving service quality to meet market needs.

4th of May, 2009

Fortunately, I purchase on papatek.com many times and most of the time I get very good items with speedy shippment. Though there was item that is defective, and I emailed then I get very prompt reply and exchange a good one without any other fee.

• Mo
      9th of Jul, 2009

The same thing happend to us!!! We ordered an adapter for my laptop and they sent us the wrong one. We called and told them about it and then they said that for the price we paid they sent the right one ( they mislead people on the website) so we ended up paying more money for the right one, a name brand one. When we got it, it wasnt charging. We then realized they didnt send us the brand name one we asked for but the cheap one. We called and spoked to a customer service lady (whom doesnt really work for them but just does customer service in general for different companies) and she found out for us that they had charged us more money for shipping back the first one they sent by mistake in the first place!!! Right now I'm just trying to get my money back from them. And this is not counting the money I had to pay at UPS for sending the adapter back. DONT USE PAPATEK!!!

• Ba
      16th of Sep, 2009

You can go through this site too...it site looks too awesome...I purchased a dell laptop charger from this site http://www.notebookchargerhub.com/dell/ go through this url, you can find more.

• Mi
      12th of Jan, 2010

Ordered a laptop keyboard and though the model and version number on there website were a match to mine, it was the wrong one. I got a RMA, but of course they blamed me for the mistake and said I would have to pay to return it and would be charged a 15% restocking fee. They received it on Dec. 18 and it's now Jan. 12 and I still have yet to get my refund. Avoid purchasing from this site.

• Is
      9th of Mar, 2010

I have tried shopacana.com which provides original adapters, the quality is pretty good, they are supposed to shipped either from China or USA, the shipping is speedy.

20th of Jul, 2010

I'm very satisfied with the delivery and the goods i received from Papatek. Ordered on 7/14, received today 7/20. From China to Belgium, I think it's a real quick delivery ! In Europe the goods I ordered were at least 108 euro, now I only paid 57 euro. Thanks Papatek !

• Ai
      6th of Aug, 2010

In fact, I head my friend ordered a few itmes from papatek.com and got the items quickly most of time. Then i also bought a Dell Latitude D620 battery for my laptop. It sounds good. I have to say that I found a wide assortment of Dell Laptop Batteries at prices that just can't be beat at papatek. Thanks!

2nd of Nov, 2010

i bought a laptop screen, hoping that the source would be in sun valley, ca, after reading the top complaint, i am somewhat agreeing that this company paptek might be oCONUS. then after reading the posts, i am convinced papatek is working oCONUS. Papatek, youre misleading everyone. A lot of people want to do business with the US but misleads its customers by putting US info.. by te way papatek, i havent received my laptop screen, and your customer service voicemail is full. please empty it out.

• Pc
      25th of Jan, 2011
    Papatek.com - THEY LIE
    PAPTEK.COM

Notice how many of the comments on this site are actually posted by papatek trying to offset their terrible service. I ordered 10 batteries, paid for them and waited. Finally I called and was told my order wAs cancelled because they didn't have the batteries in stock. No email notice, nothing. If I hadn't called would they ever have aleterted me? So, I asked if they refunded my money yet. "No, we didn't yet. We will in the next 7 days" So, I'm a bank for these idiots too? Avoid this website like the plague. They are cheap dishonest Chinese rip-off artists. No US inventory. Shipping is sssllloooowwww. product is inferior and the RMA is non-existant. Bogus business. Terrible...

• La
      2nd of Apr, 2011

Avoid doing business @ papatec. The customer service is in the toilet and the products are not as advertised. A key board for a Dell inspiron E1705 was ordered. They sent out a key board for the French market. Keys had French words on them. They argued they sent out the proper part. I sent photos of the board then the line was try the board, it might work. They refused to send out a call tag to retreive the wrong part and they wanted me to pay a 15% restocking charge. papatec is the one that does not have theit act together! This company is ethically challanged. Save your self time and grief and avoid papatec 2011/03/31
    Larry

• Bf
      15th of Oct, 2011

I've been taken by this company too. Bought a laptop battery from them via Ebay in Feb 2011 and now after 8 months it has gone from holding a 2 hr charge to a 1 hr charge. Battery has a 1 year warranty. Been emailing them for a week to get a warranty replacement and they have made no effort to contact me back. I'll be taking it up with the Better Business Bureau. DO NOT BUY FROM PAPATEK or you will regret it later. Trust me.

• Ke
      15th of Feb, 2012

Sorry about your shopping experience. But, I've good shopping experience on papatek. I bought a replacement adapter PA3467U-1ACA for my Toshiba laptop. I tried the new brand RAVPower. It arrived quickly and worked good now. Hmm, maybe it has improved its customer service.

• He
      16th of Feb, 2012

I don't agree with you. They do have their US warehouse. Last month, I ordered 10 batteries and 10 adapters for my small local business. They arrived in 4 days from a US address. I can tell the adress is their US warehouse address. 4 days is a bit long because I'm in the same state, Santa Clara. Hmm, maybe they just don't have that much in stock. Anyway, I think papatek is ok.

• Nh
      21st of Feb, 2012

What a scam. I bought a replacement keyboard for my laptop, and after a week of waiting, it hadn't even shipped. I called and of course the item was out of stock with no date for when the next shipment would come in. I was assured I'd get a refund...that was June 2011, it's February 2012...never got it. Don't use this website, ever, and Papatek should stop posting positive comments back on this page. Papatek is unreliable, terrible customer service, and a rip off. Stay away.