Papamedia.com / Terrible company

1 8345 NW 66th StMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-835-7272

Several months ago I ordered a 5 Volume set of books for a class from PapaMedia.com. When the order arrived I found 1 book in the box. When I contacted PapaMedia.com they told me to ship the book to Canada and pay for delivery confirmation. Total cost for the international shipping $14.26. Then the book came back refused. I was then told to send the book to NY with delivery confirmation. Total cost for this shipment: $8.50. A month later I reviewed my credit card bill and discovered I had received a refund ONLY for the original cost of the wrong book which they sent me! They hadn't even refunded me the $3.50 cost of the very original shipping. Long story short I have exchanged well over 30+ emails with them and they refuse to pay me the $26.26 they owe me. To quote them 'you will receive a refund of your initial shipping fee plus the same amount as a return shipping credit.' This is absurd because my original shipping cost was $3.50 because it was a stateside shipment without delivery confirmation. They will only pay me $7 even though they cost me $26.26! For the record I still haven't even received the $7. I am angry beyond words with this pathetic company! In the course of my early emails with them I asked when I would be refunded postage, but as I reread the correspondence I can see they were dodging the question.

Va

Comments

• Fo
      25th of Aug, 2008

UPDATE: PapaMedia.com and AbeBooks.com have refunded me the $26.26 I spent in the aforementioned ordeal. PapaMedia.com has also given me a $20 gift certificate at their online store for my trouble . Their email sent to me states "While we maintain that we have followed Abebooks.com policy with regard to refunds, we have decided to offer you a $20 gift certificate for the over-charges that you had to bear." I am happy with this outcome and thank PapaMedia.com and AbeBooks.com for working with a customer. My purpose in this situation has not been to make money, but simply to recover some of my shipping costs.

Everyone and every business makes mistakes, but how they respond to their mistakes separates the good and average businesses.

I thank PapaMedia.com and AbeBooks.com for rectifying my situation.

• Fo
      26th of Aug, 2008

PapaMedia.com rectifies situation

UPDATE: PapaMedia.com and AbeBooks.com have refunded me the $26.26 I spent in the aforementioned ordeal. PapaMedia.com has also given me a $20 gift certificate at their online store for my trouble . Their email sent to me states 'While we maintain that we have followed Abebooks.com policy with regard to refunds, we have decided to offer you a $20 gift certificate for the over-charges that you had to bear.' I am happy with this outcome and thank PapaMedia.com and AbeBooks.com for working with a customer. My purpose in this situation has not been to make money, but simply to recover some of my shipping costs.

Again, I thank PapaMedia.com and AbeBooks.com for rectifying my situation.

• Le
      29th of Oct, 2008

I have had the same problem. I ordered a specific product which turned out to be incorrectly listed on their page, and upon receiving return instructions, they are claiming it never arrived, which is nonsense because I have the receipt for shipping. They are refusing to refund my money, and I have spent over $15 on shipping alone. They have ignored many of my emails to customer service. This company is a scam. Do Not Order from papamedia.com

16th of Jan, 2009
    PapaMedia.com - never shipped on time
    papamedia.com

I ordered a book for my biology class two weeks ago on papamedia.com. I paid a lot extra to have it delivered in what they consider to be "express" which arrives "under 1 week". Well, two weeks later and I have still not received the book. I have e-mailed them over 5 times asking them where my book is, and I get the same automated response back each time. The "Track your Package" is a load of bull since the status of my order still says "ordered". The e-mail I have received back after each of my 5 e-mail complaints (which you can only do since they do not have a phone line for customer service) said to keep checking back because the tracking site updates every 2-3 days. Oh, and as an added bonus they told me that (I am literally quoting from their e-mail) if I don't receive my order within 30 DAYS of the order date to contact them again. I'm sorry, but if I am shelling out extra money to have my book here fast, it should already be in my mailbox. I have to go out and buy another book so I don't fail my class. This is the worst company I have ever done business with. STAY AWAY FROM PAPAMEDIA.COM!!!

• Ca
      26th of Jan, 2009

I had the same experience!! I agree, don't ever shop at this place.

2nd of Feb, 2009

I ordered software for my daughters machine back in December of 08 and their website said nothing about its compatibility. When I received the software and found out that it was incompatible I contacted Papa Media and they said that they would charge me a restocking fee. I complained and they told me that if wanted to return the software that I would need to have them authorize the return. I asked for a return authorization and they will not return my request. These people are terrible and I will never recommend them or buy from them again.

• Da
      4th of Feb, 2009

Papa Media is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They fail to delivery as promised and send unsolicited product when you ask for a refund. After repeated request for shipping information none was provided. However when I requested a refund for none delivery, they provide a shipping number for a product I no longer require or desire. They are by far the worse customer service experience I have every had.

• Om
      20th of Aug, 2009

Papa Media, the book, "the promises of God can be fulfilled in your life" was written by Tari C. Omoro. Up until now, he has not received any payment from the publishers. who do you pay to when you sell his book. answer please. tariomoro511@hotmail.com.

Tari C. Omoro.

12th of Feb, 2010
    PapaMedia.com - DON'T BUY FROM PAPAMEDIA !
    PapaMedia
    papamedia.com

I order (from France) a book from PapaMedia (Helsinki School, vol.1). although I had indicated the ISBN number in my order, they sent me after two months vol.2 instead, for a cost of $153.44 (this volume 2 can be found in any photography bookstore for $50).
    I returned the book to papaMedia immediately (for a cost of $40).
    Now, not only they don't reimburse me, but only credit my account to buy from their website, but they keep more than $40 (crediting me only for $111.15), and they don't reimburse me the shipping costs.
    Compared to all the other bookselling sites I have been dealing with (Abebooks, Amazon, FNAC, etc.), this is very bad practice.
    Don't buy from PapaMedia!!!

26th of Feb, 2010

I received an e-mail from Jon (no last name, of course) at PapaMedia threatening me after this complaint :
    "we must note that posting on message boards such as the ones above can fall under libel/slander, and we strongly urge you to remove your postings".

I answered:
    "1. No other online book company debits my account before they ship the book, or even before they find it. This is unethical business practice, and I don't care whether it is in the fine print of your Conditions.
    2. When you could not find the book I had ordered, instead of refunding me, you deliberately sent me another book (volume 2 of the same series, instead of volume 1), which costs less than a third of the prize of the book I had ordered, hoping that I would not discover it and you would make a nice profit on my back.
    3. I returned the book, spending more than $40 in postage. Not only you did not reimburse me for the postage, but you did not reimburse me the amount I had paid initially, keeping $42.29. I don't care what is written in the fine print of your Returns Conditions. You are responsible for the mistake, and making me pay for it is a proof of your dishonesty.
    4. Your efforts to resolve the issue have been nil: refusing to answer my request for refund of the postage, and referring me to your Returns Conditions.
    5. Don't you have in your Conditions a statement saying that if you make a mistake (a deliberate one in my case), you should be responsible for it.
    6. Threatening to sue me for libel and slander is a joke, and you know it. I am posting your threats and my answer on both sites."

• Be
      6th of Jun, 2011

Papa Media does not refund money. They only issue a Papa Media store credit. Their inventory is limited and overpriced. Beware of Papa Media.

• Ks
      25th of May, 2012

Terrible. I ordered a book that is extremely difficult to get hold of and after 31 days they said they don't actually have it, so they refunded my money (about $150) but guess what the cheeky so and so's short changed me. If they had told me earlier I had the chance to buy the book elsewhere and now its no where to be seen. They basically used my money as a month long loan without actually paying me any interest. Thieves! I complained three times and I am still waiting for a response.

1st of Jul, 2013

I bought an expensive item. They then sent me a completely wrong item with a value of just 10% of what I actually ordered. They then charged me for sending the item back to them AND only refunded 75% of what I paid. This despite all the problems coming from their side. This is a company who can not be trusted under any circumstance.