United States, California, San Jose Review updated:
2145 Hamilton Ave.
San Jose
Phone: 877-835-7272
I ordered a mathematical book and they charged $227.45 on my credit card. After 6 weeks, they canceled my order since they were unable to locate the book. However, they refused to refund. Instead, they say they posted ``Store Credit'' to my account which can be used only in their store. This is totally a fraud! They list fictitious items (i.e., items which do not exist) on their web page, and take an order and charge, then cancel the order without refund. If one orders again, then the same thing happens. So there is no way to use ``Store Credit'' because the products do not exist from the beginning. They take money without selling anyting. They are stealing money. This is completely a crime!

A  14th of Jul, 2009 by
After that, the company PAPA MEDIA agreed to issue a full refund, and accordingly I withdraw my complaints.
-Dr. Masayoshi Kaneda, Ph.D. in Math
N  6th of Jan, 2011 by

PAPA MEDIA - horrible support

I initially bought a "best of" CD through buy.com's marketplace. Since it was a marketplace item, the seller ended up being Papa Media. After waiting two weeks for my CD to be shipped, I sent them an email requesting the purchase be canceled. Even though I made this request through their website, it was returned to be as not being a known email. When the CD arrived it wasn't the correct one; it was actually no where near the right CD. It was also unwrapped and opened so that the CD was loose and the covers (it was a three-flapped CD case) weren't closed properly. I sent them an email that day letting them it would be returned and looked on their website for their return policy. No address was listed so I sent it to the address that was listed on the envelope. I got delivery confirmation and waited a week before contacted about my refund. I emailed them several times and left at least three messages on their voicemail. All I received were automated emails and no return phone calls. Since I paid through paypal I was able to open a dispute. They're now asking me to return the product, something that I told I already did. Also, because I threw out the confirmation #s, I'm in jeopardy of losing the case so now I have to return to PO and see if they can pull it up again.

PapaMedia is a horrible company that doesn't respond to their emails or are capable of returning a customer's phone call.
N  21st of Jun, 2012 by

PAPA MEDIA - No Product, No Refund
Papa Media

Book order placed on 3/6/12. Attempted to contact Papa Media immediately regarding an incorrect shipping address to no avail. Company doesn't provide Customer Service via phone. Email contact is difficult, response times are unacceptable if you receive a response at all. Been fighting to get a refund for the book order for 3 months. Papa Media confirmed they received the book order undeliverable, but refuses to give a refund. They cannot provide shipping details or proof that the product was ever shipped. This company is BAD NEWS. DO NOT DO business with them if you want a product for your money.