Papa John's Pizza / drivers not insured

1 SC, United States Review updated:

I recently filed an employee application out at a Papa Johns Pizza in Memphis TN. to deliver pizza. They asked for proof of insurance and I provided it for them. Problem is: They do not tell prospective drivers that they're (The Drivers) not covered by non commercial personal car insurance if an accident occurs during a delivery. In fact the manager told me I should not have mentioned where I would be working to my insurer and as well told me that he/she is encouraged not to tell applicants that personal car insurance will not cover the drivers if they are involved in an accident. Quite deceptive of them to do this. Maybe it should have been obvious to me but they certainly make a point of not mentioning it to new delivery drivers. Why even ask for proof of insurance if it is not worth a dime to delivery drivers? Again a deceptive move on Papa Johns Pizza. I will never again order a pizza and have it delivered from them being that I would feel like I am encouraging this unsavoury business practice.

Comments

5th of Dec, 2007

• El
      8th of May, 2008

Papa Johns was offering 23 cent pizzas on 4/8/08.
    After trying for well over an hour calling my local Papa Johns and it being busy, I tried to order online for myself, my daughter for her home and a neighbor- they were not accepting online orders. I decided to drive and place my order in person. The line was a three hour wait per a Papa Johns spokesman and there was still no guarantees you would get a pizza. He told the crowd of several hundred that they had shut off the telephones and they were doing their best with both of their ovens going.
    Not a good PR stunt.

There are lots of other pizza places in town. They will probably lose a lot of business with this stunt.

My time is valuable as most others and that is why telephone and online ordering has been appreciated by consumers.

• Da
      31st of Oct, 2008

Papa Johns Corp do not send any letters about taking out anything from their paycheck. This is a very unfair and bias decision without notifications whatsoever. Why work when they can take anything away from you from your paycheck?