Pantene Pro-V Blonde Expressions / Unusable product

Several Weeks ago I purchased two bottles of Shampoo, two bottles of conditioner, and one tube of Color Intense Conditioner, all in the Pantene Pro-V Blonde Expressions range. I kept one set and the Color Intense Treatment at home, and the other in our holiday home.

I, naively, never connected these products to the problem with my itchy scalp that got progressively worse, blaming hairspray or new bed linen, or maybe that I was "run down" But the problem got so bad that I stopped using hairspray, slept on a towel, and only used baby products, including baby shampoo. Eventually the condition corrected itself, and I thought no more about it.

Three weeks ago we were in our holiday home and I was in the shower washing my hair, with the Blonde Expressions products. My husband came in to the bathroom, and said " What on earth has happened to your head," I looked in the mirror, and everywhere the lather had touched, even my forehead, was raised and red. I immediately rinsed all the product off, and dried my hair. My scalp for the next few days was sore and itched until I made it bleed. I coated my scalp every night in Aloe Vera gel, and eventually the problem has subsided.

I have used many different products over many years, including products for blonde, or color treated hair, I have never had this problem before. I now have five bottles of unusable products, and if you would like me to return them I will.

Yours faithfully,
Janie P. Watts

Comments

Ma
  11th of Aug, 2007

Actually I live in New Zealand and the same thing has happened to me.I have used this product and loved it till a few months ago when I began to get the itchy scalp. I couldn't understand it either and looked at where my product was being made. I found it was being made in Thailand. When I originally started using it, the item was being made in Australia. I don't know whether they have altered the product or what but I am too worried to use it now. It seems such a shame as I loved the product.