Panera Bread / bad service, unhelpful

waterford lake, Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

really bad service...as usual. I went to panera and ordered a soup...and asked if a particular thing was in the soup--the girl told me no. I asked her if the soup could be given without it--she said it was in the soup. I was pretty sure they added it later...and asked her many times and she assured me it was in the soup. Even the guy making the soup couldn't have said "you can have it without it" since I didn't want it...I got the soup and it was just gross and not what I wanted because of the added thing. I even called back and asked the girl..and she said it came in the soup--again same idiot girl. Then I called another panera to ask them if you can get it without the item and they said yes...so I called back to talk to the manager...and he said "you can get it without it" so I said your employee told me 4-5 times that you can't...she is giving the wrong information. He said she's new and had been there a week but should have asked. Anyway the service at panera is always bad or incompetent--depending on the people working there but it was just a bad experience...as the stupid girl was just rude weird and giving out the wrong information like an idiot, when she had no clue about anything and not even asking anyone else...the person giving the food out was rude too...so bad incompetent service overall...the manager was nice enough though

Comments

• Sh
      12th of Apr, 2010

whoops the first paragraph should state that the particlar thing was in the soup...

• Sh
      13th of Apr, 2010

you sound like you work for panera...i'm college educated and can compose sentences just fine, you're the one who needs help...and people who have no knowledge of something and are giving the wrong advice to others, are idiots...including you

17th of May, 2010

every panera in my area has forgotton the dressing on my dad's (and my dad's only) salad EVERY TIME for months. I've been to the one in my town, the next town over and the one down by where i work and (yes it is my fault for not checking before i left) i've had to face the annoyance of my father at not having the dressing, which is the only reason he gets that salad anyway. What makes me really angry is that everytime i call in the order i always say EXTRA dressing and stress that i want extra, and i always tip well even on take0ut. these kids are getting a tip for messing my order up and as much as i want to, i can't bring myself not to tip people in foodservice. Last time i checked as i was leaving and when they forgot the dressing, i talked to the girl who took my order and the guy who packed my meal about it and both acted like i was an a--h-le for asking for what i already requested during the ordering process. their food is good, but their staff is usually under par.

23rd of May, 2010

First, I would like to say that, Irish, I do not wish to start a back-and-forth argument with you, I just feel the need to defend myself. I'm not necessarily a kid. I'm 22 years old, which may seem like a kid to you, but I couldn't say. I'm also a student who spends a good amount of time during my semesters making sure my sentence structure is perfect. However, when I do that, I'm usually being graded on my submissions. This, however, is an internet forum and, as far as I know, you are not one of my future instructors who will be counting this submission toward a final grade of any sort. Yes, my sentence structure was atrocious. I even fully capitalized words. But this is the internet, and I felt like writing casually. So I apologize for that, as it seemed to offend you. All I wanted to do was voice a complaint about the staff at Panera locations in my area. If my disobedience of the rules of grammer does not allow me to voice my complaints, then I will write properly.

That being said, you are correct about Sharon92's original post. She often contradicted herself multiple times within the same sentence. Also, Sharon92, as your entire post was about an "added thing" in the soup, would you mind stating what the ingredient was, and also which soup you were referring to? I'm rather curious, because you referred to it as "the thing" throughout your entire complaint.

23rd of May, 2010

I am really 22, and like I said, I don't normally care about my grammar or sentence structure when posting things on the internet (especially since half of people posting comments these days don't even try to get it right), however with some complains I've read on this site, even illogical ones that could have been resolved simply, are written correctly. I do realize that this is a complaint board where you really can't be taken too seriously unless you can show you at least have a comprehensible grasp of the English language (otherwise, there is no way to tell if the person's complaint was truly the company's fault or if it was just the customer's miscomprehension of the situation/lack of communication skills to resolve the situation). Therefore, as I do not wish to look like an idiot, I will quit typing like a ten year old on this board.

• Pa
      22nd of Jun, 2010

I went to a Panera Bread in an upscale neighborhood today. When I was thinking what to order in front of the cash register, there was nobody there, but then a black girl appeared holding a small notebook pretending that she is doing some kind of inventory. When I was ready to order, she stopped what she was doing and steared at me without smiling or greeting. After placing my order, she handed me the pastry that I paid for in a bad without saying anything. It appears to me that she treat customers like that with suble rudeness especailly when they come to the shop wearing T-shirts and shorts.
    The black girl pretends doing an inventory in front of customer is really looking weird.