Panera Bread / customer service

1 Mequon, WI, United States

I came into your Mequon Wisonsin store # Cafe 1550 yesterday 4/16/2017 @ 2:22:20. I was check # 161219. I live in a town (Sheboygan, WI) that is an hour from any Panera so this is especially frustrating as I would have just came back to the store.

I spent just under $40 for my daughter and I to have a mother/daughter lunch and take home a dozen of bagels and cream cheese. Normally since I've worked food service I accept that sometimes workers are having a bad day.

The employee that took our order seemed to have better things to do and we were definitely affecting his time. He did not seem like he wanted to be there and was annoyed at how long we were taking taking. I asked how much a dozen bagel with the cream cheese was because it wasn't up on the wall and couldn't get an answer. He was bothered because I asked what type of cream cheese he had, he was irritated byme asking what cream cheese he had since they run out sometimes. But this was not what prompted me finally complaining. He asked me if I wanted the bagels sliced and I said yes. He did not seem happy about it at all. This whole process was walked away with me wanting to ask him if someone peed in his cheerios and me telling my daughter that she may have to find a new special place.

What finally prompted the complaint:

This morning I went to give my kids each half of a bagel as they can't eat a whole one. Your employee did not cut them in half, he rather cut all of the tops off some, some not even cutting all the way through. I would have had basically 24 meals for my kids, now I have 12. The tops are useless not mention that when you buy like your crunch bagels, that is where all the extra goodies are so that is all gone. I normally and probably wouldn't even have written in if the employee wouldn't have had a chip on his shoulder to be honest. If I had a polite decent person like we usually get I think I may have been more inclined to shuck this off. I feel like I have to wonder if he did it on purpose. I do appreciate all the great customer service you have had in the past. I don't think we'll be back.

Panera Bread