Panera Bread / cashier meanness (2955 sw 160th ave-pembroke pines, fl)

Pembroke Pines, FL, United States

I tried to redeem a Pastry Birthday reward received via EM from Panera. Today cashier's name's Tag read "Steph" who swiftly denied my request. When I motioned trying to show her my EM, she immediately replied that "No, it doesn't matter what the EM says, the only thing that counts is what it says here ~"here" being her cash register~ 1 coffee" When I requested a Latte (I always order either Latte or Capuccino) she again retorted "No, only black coffe, hot tea or soda".
When I proceeded to purchase an artichoke soufflé, I noticed she was getting it from an open tray, an open area, not from the protected, enclosed area where they are typically kept to remain warm, safe from contamination. All other soufflé s were in the safe area. When I asked why were they sitting there? (In 1 occasion long ago after 11:00 hrs or so, they posted a sign selling them at 1/2 the price instead of disposing of them), she again retorted: "No, they are just there"
I'm not concerned about her unwillingness to bother checking/trying to honor an offer by the Co she works for, as much as I found quite disturbing the unnecessary meanness of her attitude, as she appeared to be persistently taking great satisfaction to deny any request, or answer to any question?!. (The culture of Panera Bread being that of "A ~Warm~ and welcoming environment")
My inquiry still remains the same as to why those soufflés were sitting in an unprotected area, uncovered?! isn't the temperature of warm food related to sanitary reasons as well, to prevent food spoilage? ...Although I took items home, just for good measure I decided better not to have it?
I think that most people would agree on that employees taking pleasure on being unnecessarily mean to others, don't belong in Customer's service?
I've been a very loyal customer of Panera Bread ever since its inception in the US. Due to my handbag having been stolen, have difficulty keeping my Panera Bread membership card # straight. I've also taken the time dozens of instances contacting Managers in Restaurants, cruise ships, Hotels or any other kind of businesses, to point an employee who is an asset to their Company due to their excellent Customer Service. This is the "Very first time" I've ~ever~ contacted a Co to submit a complaint about 1 of their employees?! We don't live in a perfect World: involuntary accidents, mistakes can happen, but meanness with no provocation of any kind, require an intentional attitude. Pls Forgive me: I find that unacceptable. In 61 years, this is the first time I've ever submitted a non-positive letter?!

Pa