Panasonic / Horrible service

1 TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-211-7262

We purchased a DVD player in July 2007. We immediately had problems which we contacted customer service. The sevice center we were sent to was the beginning of many problems. There was poor communication between panasonic and the repair center. Then, the repair center did not send the proper paper work for replacement. After compaining to both parties, no measures were taken to correct the situation. Panasonic promissed a replacement unit would be sent to my house so I would not have to drive
2 hours to pick it up from the repair center. After 6 weeks I finally got a call from the repair center to pick up my new DVD player. I made 4 phone calls to panasonic to express my frustration and serveral calls to the service center. No actions were ever taken to please the CUSTOMER.

Comments

Ro
  29th of Jan, 2009

I own a Panasonic DLP television (Model #: PT-52DL10). As with all projection TVs, the mercury lamp needs to be replaced from time to time. Panasonic will not sell the "bare bulb" to install, rather the entire lamp housing must be purchased. The price is $470.00 plus shipping and is COMPLETELY OUTRAGEOUS, considering that the extremely inferior Matsushita lamp does not last as long as a Philips or Osram lamp. My request from Panasonic was simple - please provide me with the exact specifications (type of lamp, wattage, arc gap, dimensions, etc.) so that I may locate an alternative more reasonably priced lamp. They claim that this information is confidential and cannot be released to me. IT'S A LIGHT BULB for crying out loud!!!

Panasonic has disappointed me for the last time and will never as long as I live purchase another Panasonic product. They are not concerned with customer satisfaction and are unwilling to make right a wrong situation.