Panasonic / Stay away from Panasonic products!

1 Ireland Review updated:

I bought a 32" Tv in november 2017 costing 800Euro and in December 2017 I had to return it to the repair shop in the store where I bought it because it would not switch on. After two weeks a technician told me that a PC Board was faulty and had to be replaced. He said that Panasonic is sourcing its PC boards with a low level lead content making them inferior. My TV was repaired costing 100 Euro. Approximately 3 months later my TV was back in the repair shop with the same problem. This time the repair shop technician told me he would have to replace the entire PC board panel costing 300Euro less VAT. My warranty was up and I asked 'did i not have any come-back because my TV was only 3 years old. I was told that Panasonic has 'pulled out' of Ireland and is no longer able to provide service to its customers here. The TV is now useless and too costly to repair. I thought the life expectancy of TV's to be longer than 3 years.

I would like to warn any other potential buyers away from Panasonic products. They have no regard for its Irish customers and are happy to foist inferior products on an unsuspecting people

Comments

• Va
      6th of Nov, 2006
    Panasonic - Digital camera broke after 23 days!

On 9/2/06, I bought a Panasonic Lumix digital camera from Circuit City. 23 days later it was buzzing loudly and would not focus correctly. I took it to Circuit City that day, but they refused to even consider helping as it was after the 14 day cut-off. I called Panasonic, they said I would have to have it repaired under warranty. I paid the $10 to insure it and ship it. It cost $303 new, and then more to fix it after only 23 days. I don't really want it back now, I don't trust it. I want to return it, and buy a different brand or upgrade out of the Lumix line. I would certainly think that $303 would buy a decent digital camera.

Steve Pettit

337 E. 89th Street
    Brooklyn
    New York
    broadwayphoto.com

This is my first time lodging a complaint on any company be it online, verbally, or in a document. I have NEVER felt so strongly against a company as I do Broadway Photo. They bring NEW meaning to unethical business if they are a business at all. They are a bunch of crooks. I ordered a camera on Oct 9th and they held up my order on the basis to UPSELL ME FOR A $100 BATTERY on the premise that the Panasonic battery only last 10 minutes before dying. I told them that I found it hard to believe that Panasonic would make a battery only capable of lasting 10 minutes. They told me that I was wrong. WHAT LIARS. Furthermore when I ordered the camera on the 9th it stated that on their web site it was in-stock and ready to ship, when they forced me to call them on the 10th, the guy told me that the camera was in stock and would arrive in three business days. On the 13th miraculously NO PRODUCT TO SHIP AND NO DATE TO SHIP...but guess what they had other cameras they could sell me! The guy that screwed me was Mike Sicheri. This guy Mike Sicheri stated that it wasn’t his fault; he works on salary, and only fulfills orders. Mike Sicheri further blamed the problem on how the company was set up and refused to transfer me to a Supervisor rather send me to customer service that would NEVER pick up. I called numerous times and got hung up on or transferred to NO ONE. PLEASE... I BEG OF YOU, don’t waste your time going through what I went through DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE COMPANIES regardless of their price.

PS:
    After all was lost and I went to cancel the order via their website it stated:

“The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”

Looks like I’ll be taking this up with my credit card company! Freaking CROOKS!

• Re
      12th of Aug, 2009
    Panasonic - Microwave-Full Size 2.2
    Best Buy
    Maryland

Panasonic should stop making microwaves, apparently nothing has improved since our last purchase a year and six months ago. Best buy salesman had told us that Panasonic had come along way since our last purchase. The reason we stayed with Panasonic was because after buying trim set for $170.00, we didn't want to buy that again with another microwave, SOO- we stuck with Panasonic, and again we bought the more expensive model, and it just died, didn't have it even 2 yrs. The last one was the more expensive model also, and it was in the shop three times for two weeks each time, and only lasted less than 2 yrs. What a joke!!

• Mi
      21st of Apr, 2010
    Panasonic - Atrocious technical support
    New Jersey

Our company recently purchased a new UF-8200 industrial fax machine. An error came up stating to contact the dealer, and the fax machine ceased to print incoming faxes. The operating manual is over 100 pages, the troubleshooting section is only one page. I contacted Panasonic tech support only to be redirected three times to other 800 numbers. Finally I got someone on the other line and they told me to send an email to Panasonic, so that I could receive a pin number and then be able to talk with tech support. Two days later no response, no pin number, and tech support still refuses to talk to me over the phone. This is absurd; furthermore, the $1, 200 fax machine is outdated, cumbersome and as of now breaks down quickly. Hope this helps future buyers.

• Ba
      23rd of Apr, 2010
    Panasonic - Avoid at all costs
    Panasonic
    panasonic.net

I sent my Lumix camera for warranty repair. I included the required information. I now get a letter addressed to someone who has a last name similar to mine asking for the required information. I called the number listed several times and always get "no one is available to take your call." I call the general Panasonic 800 support line and it is totally automated with no option that helps with my problem. Why would they give out a telephone number and then have no one to answer it???

Panasonic - false pricing
    Panasonic
    Trevose
    Pennsylvania

I purchased a plasma TV through employee purchase program at what I thought was a great price $751.67. When I tried to track the status of my order a few days later, the order tracking showed a much different price - $1, 769.00! I wrote to their customer service, and they said that it was a type-o on their website that day, but the price is $1, 769.00 and that's what I have to pay...this made no sense, so I called customer service, and they said the same thing! And they said their "pricing policy" is disclosed and it allows them to do this...so I checked and the terms and conditions when I logged on did NOT say anything like this and I called back. While I was holding for a manager, I checked again, and now the ToU CHANGED to include this "pricing policy"!! In any case, I was again told, this time by a manager, that "too bad" it's their pricing policy to change the prices if they discover a mistake. I even got confirmation from Alex (the manager) that, if I had NOT checked, they would have shipped the TV and just charged my credit card the added $1, 100 without obtaining my consent! How is this legal?

• Cm
      6th of Apr, 2011

thats not legal, i'd check with your AG about bait and switch tactics and report this to him

6th of Apr, 2011

What I'm confused about is that I AGREED to pay $751.67, and that's what I have a RECEIPT FOR, as well as a CONFIRMATION OF ORDER. AFTER the sale, they changed the price. This is switching.

6th of Apr, 2011

No, it does not "clear it up for me" and you can stop with your nasty condescending attitude. Panasonic, I'm finding, has a fairly regular practice of such "errors" whereby a customer purchases an item at one price, and then WITHOUT PROACTIVELY TELLING THE CUSTOMER, they jack the price up and charge the credit card. I could absolutely forgive Panasonic if they told me, sorry, there was a problem with our website, and the price is actually $1, 769...do you still want the item? But that is NOT what they did. Luckily for me, I caught it before my card was actually charged - but I have found plenty of other customers that DID have their card charged the higher, NEARLY DOUBLE price. How much of a "mistake" is this, really? Do you work for Panasonic? Is that why you have such an odd response that has no sympathy for the consumer? Please do not talk to me like I'm an idiot - I assure you, I am not.

6th of Apr, 2011

No, I HAD ALREADY BOUGHT THE ITEM at the lower price, HAVE A RECEIPT AND A CONFIRMATION OF THE ORDER - all reflecting the lower price..yeah, it seemed like a great deal, but I've seen similar deals on plasma TV's, so I honestly didn't think of it as an error. Put it in my cart, completed the order. THEN they jacked up the price. WITHOUT TELLING ME. If it's not illegal, it absolutely should be. In any case, I'm checking with BBB, FTC and my state AG on the legality of this practice. And warning everyone I know to avoid shopping directly from Panasonic due to this practice. It's really scary to me that a retailer can, after a sale is already made, arbitrarily change the price and charge your credit card for it. Makes one afraid to shop!

I don't disagree that a retailer can change the price, but it's changing it on a sale that was already made that makes no sense to me.

6th of Apr, 2011

the key difference there is that Bestbuy canceled the orders and refunded people their money, proactively. Panasonic did not, and intended to charge my credit card with the difference in price.

• Ha
      23rd of May, 2011

I agree completely. I'm having the same experience with my DMCTZ3A Digital Camera. If I'd known this I'd never bought a Panasonic. Did you ever get any resolve?

• Kr
      5th of Apr, 2012

i have a microwave which was bought in12/2017... it is not working well, every other day there is a problem in that, i have called service center people to come & check but they dint came... i have taken the microwave to there shop, then they changed a part of it, that was magnatone & they guranted that it will not give problem again, but after 10 days the same problem happens, it doesn't work... i have filled a complaint against it about 2 mnths ago, but they didn't came till now...