Panasonic / Faulty products and bad service!

On 9 September my new digital camera, a Panasonic DMC-TZ1 arrived. Six weeks later I had to hand it in to Digitec, the company in Panama that repairs Panasonic Products.

The lens unit broke. A complaint that is apparently quite common for this type of camera. I have found several other people who wrote about the same complaints and they ran out of this particular spare part, so it had to be ordered from Japan. And I am still waiting. The camera has now been in repair for much longer than I have owned it. I will not be able to make any pictures over X-mas because the camera will not be repaired by that date. And since Panasonic and Digitec kept telling me the camera would be ready by next week for about two months, I did not buy another one. Buying a Panasonic product is a decision I deeply regret.

Va

Comments

• At
      23rd of Feb, 2007

I bought vacuum cleaner model mc5010 (1600 w) made in Malaysia since 4 months ago from the biggest shop in UAE and took it to my country (Egypt). The air filter (made of karton paper not plastic) become damage and the unit at all not working.
    the unit still in guarantee, but when i went to agent in UAE with the damage filter he refused to replace the damage part and asked me to bring the site itself how come and he promise me to ask in the Japan about the price. Until now no action taken. Very poor service.

• Pe
      14th of Nov, 2008

I completely agree, ALL Panasonic products are of low quality or defective. I have noticed this for years. Bad thing I wasn't able to warn my mum. She bought aircon for our new house. Now, everytime she calls Panasonic to schedule cleaning & the day of schedule comes, they always cancel & re-schedule. My mum feels like they don't want to come if only 1 airconditioner needs to be cleaned. Also, they will always set a schedule & cancel the last minute. It has been going on for months. I hope this company closes soon on the dwindling economy! It doesn't even deserve to last a month cheating on their customers!

• Sh
      16th of Mar, 2010

i hav purchased a panasonic AC 1 TON from tmc hyderabad ap india AC IS FAILED WITHIN 4 MONTHS I HAV COMPLAIMED AT SERVICE CENTRE THE PERSON HAV FILLED THE GAS IN THE COMMPRESSER AFTER 1 MONTH LATEER SAME PROBLEM IS OCCURED CHILLING IS NOT PROPER
    I REQUEST PANASONIC SERVICE TO CHANGE THE UNIT AS IT IS IN WARRANTYTODAY ON 15 -03-10

SHAILENDER
    PH0 9885887943
    HYDERABAD

• Ya
      26th of Apr, 2011

Same thing happens wid me ...i puchased 2 ton Split ac and plasma tv in jan 2010 n they wont evn provide me any service n whn my ac 's compresser is not workin properly dey evn deny to change dat...n compresser is in 5 year warranty period bt v have no other option ...service is too too too bad...i never ever go for panasonic product in future...yash kapoor, north delhi

• St
      20th of Feb, 2017

I have been calling the Panasonic service center handling heaters here in Manila. On feb 14 they said they would come feb 15 or 16. No one did. So i called feb 17 and they said they will come feb 18. No one did. I called feb 20 and they said they were coming on the same day. No one did. The problem is they outsource these things and no one in panasonic is doing audit checks if the agencies are doing it right. The worst! I never experienced this with my elba or electrolux products.