Pana Labs/Acai Slim / unauthorized charge to credit card

United States Review updated:
I ordered a free trial of a product and agreed to pay the shipping charges of $5.96. I just received another charge of $84.56 with no notification and I DID NOT AUTHORIZE that!

Comments

Jp
  13th of Nov, 2008
they did the same here...3.9$ ACAIA and 5.50$ U.S. for shipping and I was also billed for something I dont even know POWER TEA 42.67$ ! I cancelled my visa and made a fraud complaint. Most places wont even answer the phone, no service !
Di
  13th of Nov, 2008
I had the same charges two; and was able to find a phone number for them, which is 877 317 0189. I explained to the person that I ordered the Acai Slim and Bromalite, but I never got the product; and also said I didn't think it was a big deal that I was out only $5 shipping and handling for each. But when I got the two $80 charges on my card, that's when it became a big deal.

The person I spoke with said that the terms and conditions are on the site that this sets up for a monthly subscription for each product; and I told her that I didn't see the terms link and wasn't aware of the subscription charges. She canceled my subscriptions for each and agreed to have my account credited for the charges. She provided a cancellation number for each subscription and also a refund confirmation number for each amount that I was charged.

But all in all, it really is a charge that you unknowingly authorized. But many, many of us didn't/don't see the terms link at the very bottom of the page. So when we put our credit card numbers in, this gave them the authorization to charge.

I typically read the terms, but if I don't see it, I think there aren't any consequences. I've learned from my mistake.
Ka
  28th of Nov, 2008
I signed up for the trial... and in the place on the website that shows "do you want to sign up for the Tea" I placed "no".. so I was not charged for the tea. I was charged the $4.95 for shipping and handling. (which I was aware of). Not a problem.

However, inside the envelope with the Acai pills I did not receive an invoice or any contact information... I found the phone number and website: http://offer.acaiaslim.com/?affiliateid=AdVAcaiO1&adid=1870&affid=1414&subid=0&sub_affiliateid=1414#form with a phone number: 877 317 0189 I've been waiting on the phone to cancel my "subscription" since I just wanted to "try" this offer to see how it works.

I did receive a customer service rep named Bob who was, I might add, not only very courteous but very helpful! I'm trying this item for 14 days to see how it works for me. I will keep you posted on this... but so far the only item charged on my card was the S&H which was expected... and no other unauthorized charges have been been charged. So far, to this point, the website information has held up as "true" including the information about the subscription and information about the 'tea' which you have to choose yourself.

I have no complaints for this company.
Im
  5th of May, 2009
My wife did the same and had the same $42 charges incurred that she was not expecting. I don't know the details of how it was purchased, but maybe she/others just need to pay attention to detail/read the fine print/etc.