Palmetto Bulldog - Beth Wheeler / Ripped off by Beth Wheeler - Palmetto Bulldog Lexington South Carolina

1 404 Ivy Green LaneLexington, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 803-951-3176

We purchased an male english bulldog puppy from Beth Wheeler - Palmetto bulldog on January 24, 2008 for $2600. This dog was guaranteed to be furnished with FCI registration with the Hungarian Kennel Club as a Recognized and Registered Pure-Bred dog. This registration was to be sent to us by Certified Mail within 150 days. To date, over a year later, we have not received any registration for this dog. Without this registration, this dog was unable to be shown or bred making it only useful as a pet. We would have never purchased this dog if we had know what kind of scam Beth was running. We have tried e-mails, phone calls, certified mail, etc., however, she does not respond to any of this. I request a full refund!

Ki

Comments

• Di
      6th of Feb, 2009

I agree with you, I have tried and tried to get intouch with her and she does not respond. On May 21 2009 will be a year since i bought my female pup.
    plus my dog has been diagnosied with bilateral luxating patella's, and a skin problem

• Di
      10th of Feb, 2009

have you found any others who have bought puppies from this horrible woman, who does this to honest people. I wonder if we as a group of people who have been done this way might be able to get the magistrate involved.

• Ry
      23rd of Feb, 2009

This has also happened to me. I communicated with Beth through email two weeks ago about never getting registration papers for a bulldog I purchased from her last June. After several emails, she said she would get back to me the next day and never did. I am willing to work with you guys to try to do whatever we can. If you think there is something we can do, lets exchange contact information and we can discuss our options.

• Ti
      27th of Feb, 2009

I purchased a puppy in Oct 07 from Beth and my poor puppy has multiple health problems. He has undergone several eye surgeries, had mange at only a few months old, which the vet said could be from being raised in a puppy mill. He had slight hip dysplasia and also had to be neutered early because his testicles did not decend. All of these problems, I believe, are related to over breeding or breeding within the same blood line. I know that English Bulldogs have health problems, but I do not believe that a puppy at only a year old should have all of these issues. His papers are in a foreign language, so who knows if they are true registration papers. After reading other peoples complaints I believe that she is scamming many customers and is in this only for the money not for the well being of these puppies. I would gladly tell my story, if it would help stop her from scamming more people.

• Br
      12th of Mar, 2009

THIS WOMEN IS PURE ### OF THE EARTH I HAVE HAD MY DOG A YEAR WITH IN THREE MOUNTHS OF BUYING MY DOG IT ALSO HAD THE MANGE AND I NEVER GOT MY PAPERS SHE TOLD ME ABOUT 6 MOUNTHS AFTER BUYING MY DOG THAT SHE HAD WENT TO THE POST OFFICE TO MAIL MY PAPERS THAT THE LINE WAS TO LONG AND SHE DID NOT FEEL LIKE WAITING IN LINE TO MAIL THEM AND SHE WOULD DO IT THE NEXT DAY AND I HAVE STILL NOT GOT' MY PAPERS I WOULD LOVE FOR ENOUGH OF US TO GET TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

• Po
      26th of Mar, 2009

i think we should write a letter and see about getting it published in the local news paper in Lexington SC. if she does not want to stand by her word, then lets put our minds together and smoke her out...
    my personal email is powmiadaughter@gmail.com

• Sc
      4th of Apr, 2009

Our Late Bulldog's name was Winston. Loved pet of my family and oldest daughter. He too Was obtained from Beth Wheeler. We paid $3100 CANADIAN. Both my Wife and I are employed/Have been employed in the pet industry. My wife manages a pet store, I was a regional sales rep for a world wide distributor for pet supplies. We know dogs.

April 13 2007 was when we recieved Winstion. We were forced to euthanize him this January.

From the start he had it hard. We recieved him with a Bladder infection. He had puppy epilepsey, Mange, Severe Cronic Yeast infection in his blood stream and Skin. Dermatitis amongst others.

We recieved picture of sires/dames, Parents registration, Pictures abound. We also recieved copies her drivers lisence and banking information to insure that it was legitimate. We had many converstaions on the phone before we took the plunge and purchased him.

With experiemental medication (including immune boosting medication from cancer treatment), Long term treatment of ivermectin, Broad base anti-biotics, sulfa lotions, Iodine/tar baths. He had ups and downs however the demodix mites got so bad that his skin was peeling off in chunks. I made the decision to end his suffering.

Now,

The total medical bills were $2500 and still owe $700.
    Not a word from Beth. We did recieve paperwork on winston 18 months after purchase, and 3 months before we had to put him down.
    I have a copy of her divers lisence, if any one is interested.

The hardest part is explaining to our 4 children (under 8 years) why their Winston is no longer with us.
    Foot note, our 4 other dogs That were housed with winston show no signs of anything.

• Sh
      6th of Jul, 2009

I am not at all trying to stick up for Beth, but I bought a bulldog puppy from her in 2007 and she is generally healthy. She has had to have 2 surgeries on her eyes, however this is my second bulldog and I know this can be a problem with the breed. I waited probably about 8 months for my papers to come in also (i dont plan on showing or breeding so it didnt matter to me). However I will tell everyone that has written here that I am looking to get another bulldog and ofcourse tried to contact her to purchase one...no longer in business. I have recently spoken to another breeder who stated she knew her and had actually gotten one of her dogs from her years ago and that she has moved out of state. I too have had a very bad experience with a breeder in the past and after 4 horrible years of vet care and BILLS we had to put my baby patch to sleep. I with there were stonger laws against these people.

• Je
      31st of Aug, 2009

I too purchased two bulldogs from her about 2 years ago I do have paperwork and my dogs are akc but my female has alot more then just "bulldog problems" she has the eye entrpion surgery she has and have yeast infections in between her toes which I don't think is common in that area.She also has hair loss on her flanks which is a form of alopesia which my vet told me is GENIC she said it wasn't she said it was allergies.Yea right.She is aggresive towards other dogs.My other dogs are fine so something is wrong .Because I know how to raise dogs right and she not right menatlly.My male dog has cherry eye both eyes which I know bulldogs have but if you breed correctly you don't have these problems.My male bullie is very small in size for a male bulldog and she said he was SHOW quality and everybody would be jealous in the ring.He also has wierd growths in between in toes which he is on antibotics know for a month.I guess I lucky I got what I did but she still ripped me off.I was growing to breed the two but cant know because the health issues.M paperwork did take a long time to get .

• Br
      15th of Sep, 2009

My husband and I purchased our first bully, Earl, from Beth Wheeler over a year ago now. Earl is the light of our household. He is more like our child than our dog. He has such a great spirit despite all his conditions. Earl was diagnosed with Demodex just a few months after we purchased him. This conditions requires costly medications and frequent dips. We chose to neuter him early in an attempt to control his hormone levels thus the Demodex outbreaks. Earl has a super sensitive stomach which requires us to feed him expensive prescription food. One morning just before Earl turned a year old we awoke to find he could not walk. He was diagnosed with a SEVERE case of hip dysplasia. We were told to start saving now for bilateral hip replacements. We were told he had one of the most severe cases they had ever seen. Currently, Earl takes two prescription medications in the morning, two at night and an injection one or twice a month just so he can walk. He also has dry eye. Presently, we are treating him for dermatitis with antibiotics. We strongly believe Earl came from a puppy mill. Also, we believe the majority of his conditions are due to over breeding or breeding within the same blood line. Earl is our baby and we are in it for the long haul; no matter what other conditions may arise. We finally got our paperwork in the mail a year and five months from the time we purchased him. We have learned a very painful and expensive lesson. Like many others our repeated phone calls and emails to Beth Wheeler have not been returned. We have come to the resolve that Beth Wheeler will not aid in a resolution. We know now that there is no reason your breeder can not provide you with registration papers at the time of purchase. Also, we know to demand to see the mother and father of the puppy prior to purchase. We are confident we will purchase more bullies in the future. The breed is the best. However, every chance we get we tell Earl's story in the hopes that no one else will be caught up in a scam with Beth Wheeler or any other breeder.

16th of Feb, 2011

Elizabeth "Beth" Wheeler still resides at the same address. Her husband was arrested for Grand Larceny; her two daughters (underage) moved out to live with friends. Unfortunately, there is a young daughter still living with her. There are two judgments against her and her "construction" business and one with Ford Motor Company. Rumor has it she will be moving and I can honestly say THANK GOODNESS!! This lady has been a problem ever since moving into our neighborhood. One of the issues the neighborhood had was her "dog" business. It was a violation of covenants and city law. She is nothing but TRASH! - Neighbor

28th of Feb, 2011

Elizabeth "Beth" Wheeler's contact phone number is 803-477-2515.

28th of Feb, 2011

Elizabeth "Beth" Wheeler's contact number is 803-477-2515.

24th of Jan, 2012

I happen to be Beth's neighbor also and the neighbor who is posting this about her is an idiot that has no life other than to sit on their behind and run reports. Since this neighbor obviously does not have the correct information I can advise everyone that this neighbor, who is coward and cannot post their name, must not know anything about her at all! She divorced her husband due to his conduct in 2009, the 2 daughters are her step daughters that SHE got custody of in her divorce. They both moved out AFTER the age of 18. Her young daughter is on the A-B honor role so she must be doing something right! She has lived there since 1999 and has no intention of moving. Ford Motor Credit dismissed their judgement against her and went after her ex-husband for not paying for HIS truck. The laws changed on the dogs so that was the only reason she is no longer selling them. Many, many happy customers who have tried to purchase more from her ~ but you cannot please everybody ~ including this nosey neighbor that needs to get their facts correct before she goes after them for defamation of character!