Palm Springs Rental Agency / Non Payment of Security Deposit

1 Palm Springs, CA, United States Review updated:

This company is a flat out scam!!! Don't ever give them a deposit...you probably won't get it back!!
These idiots allowed a pool maintenance guy to turn on the heater to the pool in the house our company was renting. We knew we would be charged if the pool was heated so we called the agency. They did nothing...no matter how many times we called. Then they hold our deposit to pay for the electricity to heat the pool!
You guys are a joke and you shouldn't be allowed to be in business. We have contacted the California AG and the BBB. Renter beware...look elsewhere before using Palm Springs Rentals!

Comments

•   Jul 17, 2008
    Palm Springs Rental Agency - Very poor service
    Palm Springs Rental Agency
    palmspringsrentals.com

Rented a house for 5 women. On arrival, there was no electricity in the house. It was completely dark and felt uncomfortable sleeping in a dark, hot house. We called the emergency line. The man on the other line said he could not help us because he did not have computer access where he lived and said he would call us back. He never did. The next morning when I informed management what had happened. They said we were lying about the help line and extremely insensitive to our situation. After finally convincing the manager to provide us with another house, we ended up with 1 less bedroom and only 1 working shower. The manager was to e-mail me with some options for credit but never did. He did give us a credit, however he refused to give me a breakdown of how he came to this figure. In my figures, the amount seems unfair but I do not know how the amount was broken down for them. The company has refused to take my calls and sent abusive e-mail. Who knew asking for a breakdown of costs would be so inappropriate. Instead of discussing this, they have chosen to dismiss and threaten me. Very poor customer service. Much of this could have been avoided with just better customer service. If you rent from this company, just make sure you have a backup plan in case there's an emergency. The personnel are very unhelpful and if you are in trouble, you’re just out of luck.