Pallister loveseat and couch / Poor Customer Service

1 South Edmonton CommonEdmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 430-4141

On Jan. 8/08, I had a servic gentleman come to my house to assess a tear on the deck of the loveseat. He said the deck needed to replaced, therefore, needed to be sent off for servicing. On Feb. 16/08, my loveseat was picked up for servicing. I put a call in on the beginning of March 2008 since I had not heard from them regarding the progress only to find out that parts had to be ordered. No one called me to notify me of this. In the beginning it was only suppose to take a week or at most two and I would have it back. A superviser called me stating that the parts would be here on Apr. 18/08. I called yesterday, Apr. 22nd and they didn't know what was happening and would have to get back to me. A gal called me back in the evening said that she spoke with the "head person" at the place where it is being fixed and they did not have parts yet. She said that they would check on it and get back to me in a day or two. I told here that I had it and wanted reimbursement for the loveseat and my loveseat back fixed. She said that she couldn't authorize that but would have her supervisor call me on Apr. 23rd after she got in at 1 pm. I called again this morning (Apr. 23rd). Susie called me back and said that the part wasn't shipped. I told her that I wasn't at all impressed with the customer service and that I would take legal action if need be. She said that she could have my loveseat delivered back to me and come back to pick it up again when the part got in. I told them no and I wanted to speak to someone above her. She called me back again at 4:56 pm. She said the options were to give me a new loveseat (but they couldn't since the set was discontinued) or give me a $150 voucher for the store. I said no and that I wanted a new loveseat and couch. She said that if they had to do that they would have to discount my couch by 15% due to depreciation and I refused again as it wasn't my fault. I again told them what I wanted - new loveseat and reimbursement for loveseat. She called me back again after speaking with her supervisor. And said no but they could bring back the loveseat and now give me a $250 in store voucher. I said no again and demanded to speak to the supervisor who (guess what) had left for the day. I told her that I demand to speak to her tomorrow at 1 pm. I am so upset with them. I will NEVER buy another item at the Brick. Their service is aweful!!

Comments

• Tb
      22nd of May, 2013

I purchased a Palliser reclining sofa and reclining chair and I'm very disappointed with the workmanship. They are going to pick up the sofa and chair and re-stuff it, fix the mechanism and try to line the sections in the sofa. The sofa I purchased from Palliser 15 years ago looks better than the new one. Palliser out of Winnipeg Manitoba has really changed!!! Hopefully they stand behind these products. I am presently looking for Living Room Furniture and it won't be Palliser. I was told by Dufresne Furniture that the quality is not there for furniture manufacturers now. Poor Excuse, I wasn't told that when I was purchasing the furniture. I was told that Palliser was a good name. IT"S NOT A GOOD NAME...VERY DISSAPOINTED.

• 4j
      4th of Jun, 2013

I ordered my Theater seats in Feb they were delivered 4/13/2013 HT, HT Market Thomas Conroy Tom Conroy The theater seating cost over $9, 000.00 The people that delivered the Pallister seats appeared to care ales about the condition of the seating. One seat was torn and appears to have been repaired before it arrived. I noted this upon my inspection. Another appears to have wooden frame damage. The arms are so loose it would not be safe to sit in it. Another cushion is severely scratched. I ORDERED AN ipad HOLDER AND THAT ARRIVED BUSTED. HT Market has provided me so many dates to rectify the problem I almost thought it was done. Tom is pretty slick utilizing the shell game and look over there a penguin! I am not sure who to blame but at this point 60 days and change and I have a bunch of damaged seating with so many stories its hard to tell which one I believe.