Palisades Collection LLC / Beware

I received a phone call from some gentleman @ Palisades, LLC back around the Holidays on a Sunday evening after 9:00 pm ( if I am not mistaken, that is illegal in it's own right ) stating that I had a debt on an old AT&T account...I have not had AT&T as a provider since late 2001...He asked me for my full name, my address, my employer, my DOB, my SS#, my marital status, etc...I informed him he would get none of that until I received something in writing indicating not only the debt origination, but proof that he had a right to call me as he didn't have any pertinent information...Of course I received a bill and followed up with a phone call again requesting more information...I explained that AT&T would hardly have sold a debt without it ever appearing on my Credit Report...The young woman I spoke with was very rude and again with the personal questions ( why is my marital status important on an old debt? )...I divulged nothing and I hope anyone here adheres to that same notion...Can someone please help me as I am apparently not the only person suffering this...I found out they hit my credit like most others here while applying for a loan and I am told this must be removed to continue that process...Palisades states that my debt with them is for $375.00 and that it must come from my not satisfying the 'early termination fee' when I closed my account with AT&T...That is not the case; I moved to Verizon once my contract termed for a better rate plan ( but of course they provide no dates )...I work two jobs and don't have the income nor the time to satisfy something that I know to be incorrect...Can anyone guide me in the right direction that has had speedy significant results with little time on the phone?

Va

Comments

6th of Aug, 2008

I just went through this. What you need to do first is to send a debt validation letter to Palisades. Once you get the information from them (exactly what they say you owe and why) call AT&T at 1-800-947-5096. Tell them your story...but plan on telling it to several people. In my case, AT&T sent me to collections on an account that wasn't mine. My AT&T account was in good standing and had just been closed the year prior. When I confronted AT&T about the account they sent me to collections for, they said they had no record of the account and had no idea why it was sent to collections. Please know that even with this mutual understanding that the debt was not valid it still took me 8 months and over 30 phone calls to AT&T talking with different people for them to finally purchase back the account from the collections agency and zero out my account balance. My credit report should reflect the change soon but it has kept me from buying a house until now. Just remember, don't give up. I honestly would have paid the amount they were asking from me if they wouldn't have put it on my credit.

20th of May, 2009

the same thing is hapening to me
    i had at&t wireless and when i cansel my service
    i had to pay the $200.00 for each cell phone
    i have all the copys the i pay off and at&t put my account to palisades
    an after that they send it to presler &presler collection
    and they tell me that i have to pay $3, 000.00
    put i am not giving anything
    in the free gredit report that i did everything is closed
    and now i have presler &prelser collection agency in my back.

20th of May, 2009

something has to be done with this collection agencys

• Ba
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I have never had an AT&T account and being sued by a law office on behalf of Palisades LLC. I get no statements, no bill, no copy of the contract, no nothing, they cannot even provide me with the # of the wireless account in question. AT&T verified to me over the phone that they have never had an acct in my name or under my social sec. I am on my 4th motion with the law office who is a rude bunch of people. They did not answer interrogatories files and we have our court date next friday July 31st. The bill is only 1230.00 and if my sister in law wouldn't be a lawyer I would have probably paid the bill because my legal bill would right now be close to 6, 000.00.

The daily news just recently had an article that says it all... http://www.inteldaily.com/news/139/ARTICLE/11270/2009-07-20.html

12th of Aug, 2009

HELLO
    I AM TAKING PRESSLER&PRESSLER TO COURT ON SEPTEMBER 2/09
    I WILL NOT LET THEM GET AWAY FOR SOMETHING THAT
    I PAY AND I HAVE A 00 BALANCE I HAVE PROOF .
    IF ANYBODY WANTS TO SEND ME EMAIL FOR WHAT
    PRESSLER &PRESSLER DID TO THEM PLEASE SEND ME EMAIL

HAVE A NICE DAY

TINA

• Ro
      12th of Aug, 2009

I just found I had a civil suit I didn't even know about from Palisades- I had no idea who that was. It was dismissed by a judge in April 2009. So I guess these guys are trying every avenue, but a civil law suit? Geez.

• Pj
      3rd of Jan, 2012

I know the feeling. They are trying the same thing with me except they are saying its over a credit card with target. I never had one with them. I just found out it was a family member that used all of my information. I have went after the family member. I am stuck with this till its paid off but i be dam i pay the high thing when it was small change. They either give me a break or i will sue them and family member. I just want to take care of it and get my credit and out of my name...