Pain Vanish Pain Relieving Cream / Free sample arrived with $19.94 invoice!

United States Review updated:
4.2
We returned a postage paid response card for a FREE sample of "Cooling Relief Patch" late July 2007. The product claimed to have recommendations from several doctors. In August, we received a "Welcome Pack" which included the free sample along with a 2-oz tue of PainVanish pain relieving cream at the special introductory price of $14.99 + S/H $4.94 =$19.94 amount due. I took the entire package up to the post office since future deliveries were begin in approximately 4 weeks. They recommended that we contact the company for an explanation. The toll-free [protected] is simply an automated answering machine with return instructions to Pain Vanish Returns, PO Box 34369, Lancaster, SC 29722. We were never able to get a live person on the phone. On September 1, we returned the entire package through the USPS Return Receipt for Merchandise requiring a return receipt card. According to our local post office, the package was presented to the Lancaster, SC post office no later than 9/5/07. To date, we have never received our return signature card acknowledging their receipt of this package. When we called that post office at [protected], we were told Pain Vanish is part of Silkies, Division of US Textiles. All the return packages are dumped into bins for the company. The return packages requiring signature receipts are separated for a company representative. The Lancaster SC post office is supposed to call us back the first part of the week. Apparently our article number is so old that it has been archived. However, we have received past due reminder notices, collection letters and now a threat of lawsuit. This is a scam that we hope no one else has to suffer through. We have turn our plight over to the US Postal Inspection Services for investigation.

Comments

Na
  4th of Dec, 2007

New Mexico

I received a sample of Pain Vanish which I did not order. There was an invoice enclosed stating I owed them $14.99 plus 4.95 shipping and handling. The address on the invoice is PO Box 34369, Lancaster, SC 29722. There is a phone # of 1-877-373-3467. I hesitate to call because this is obviously a scam.
Ar
  19th of Jan, 2008

Pain Vanish - Free sample with charge!
San Diego
California
www.painvanish.com

I sent for free samples and I got (3) 0.21oz sachets. The next thing I know they sent a letter asking for my payment of the "Welcome Pack" kit. I never received the welcome pack kit with 2 oz tube cream. I never ordered for more products. This is a SCAM.
Ba
  19th of Jan, 2008
"Pain Vanish" must be a scam. The same 19.99 total was demanded of me. I plan to ignore it. I encourage everyone who reads these complaints to do the same.

I never ordered or wanted anything from them.

I'm a little worried where they got my address.

Basil
Da
  22nd of Jan, 2008
It is a scam. I sent for free samples and got them. Turned out to be a ben-gay rip off and discontinued use. A month later they sent more samples and i threw them away thinking they'd get the hint. THEN the sent a small tube and i thought "you gotta be kidding!" Then a couple days ago they sent a bill. I'm calling them directly today and if need be, the better business bureau.
Lb
  28th of Jan, 2008
Yes, this is a scam. I received the same but just got the bill requesting $19.94. When you call the number there is no option to speak with a real person. I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint. I will let them take care of shutting this operation down. Go to FTC.gov and find a link for Consumer Complaints.

I would dial that number and click on the link to end any future shipments you did not order! I'm not sure if that will work. I did it anyway.

I would not ignore this because someone else complaining about this scam then received a letter from some collection (scam) agency. We should not have to be so damn vigilant on this stuff if these crooks would just get a REAL JOB!
Lb
  28th of Jan, 2008
Interesting that this operation with the same telephone number is in Pennsylvania, South Carolina and God only knows where else.

Well, tracking this sleazy scam will keep the feds busy - I hope!

Maybe if they can crack this one, unwitting consumers will have more money to put into "the economy." That should be the feds insentive to shut this company/ies down in every state where they have burrowed.
Do
  30th of Jan, 2008

Pain Vanish - Didn't order it or receive it!
1487 Hilton Parma Rd.
Spencerport
New York
Phone: 585 703 4769

I don't know what this product is nor we haven't received a starter kit. They say that our account number is 112925473-9
and we owe $19.94 for the started kit that was shipped on 12-3-07. Their phone number is 1-877-373-3467 although we couldn't talk to anyone when we called. We are in Florida vacationing for the winter although our family are checking the house while we're gone. I have no intention of paying this bill as I believe it to be a scam.
Ne
  31st of Jan, 2008
YEH I GOT THE SAME THING, I DID NOT RESPOND TO THEIR BILL THEY EVEN THREATENED ME TO REPORT TO THE CREDIT BUREAU IF I DID NOT PAY THE BILL
Ca
  11th of Feb, 2008

Philadelphia
Phone: 1-877-373-3467

We never ordered this product, and they send us a bill and there is no way to talk to them over the phone, because it is all automated. What a rip off!!!
Ly
  5th of Mar, 2008
The active ingredients on this are similar to Ben Gay and other such pain relievers, they have just "gussied" up the vanish pain with a few extra extracts. What a rip off.
Ed
  30th of Mar, 2008

Painvanish - painvanish samples did not help pain even a little.
Painvanish
P.O. Box 415
Montoursville
Phone: 1-866-549-3055
customerservice@painvanish.com

I have tried to contact the company by phone and am
constantly told due to the many call volume I need to wait.
I have waited three different times and cannot get through.

I used the email address and receive a blank page when
I try to click on to email their customer service.

I appreciate the free sample. If it had worked, I would have considered further purchases.

I am upset about reading their letter with the free samples.
I am to expect a 2 oz tube of painvanish with a relief patch in what is called the Welcome Pack in 4 weeks (3 now) and
a billing of $14.95 plus . I do not want this product.
I do not want to have to return it.

I am sorry I sent this twice because I forgot to type in
their website.

I understand your service is free. Please reply
EdnaHelland@comcast.net
Bi
  31st of Mar, 2008

pain vanish
Bensalem

I receeived 3 little packs of pain vanish products I do
not want! I do not want any other mailings or advertisemants sent to me!! I am sending back the samples that was sent me! I don't remember requesting any samples!!
Na
  13th of Apr, 2008

PO box 70101
Philadelphia
Phone: 18773733467
www.painvanish.com

I am being billed $19.94 for some kind of pain vanish cream. I did not order it... I did not receive it. Cannot talk to a person at customer service number. Invoices are getting more intense... stating "Is There a Problem?"
Do
  17th of Apr, 2008

pain/vanish - did not request shipment
pain/vanish
Lancaster
Phone: 1 877 373 3467
www.painvanish.com

Wanted to try a free sample, received it, did not get any relief at all. Few days later I receive a shipment of the so called relieving cream, along w/invoice for $19.94 . I did not request any future shipments at the time I ask for the sample . I tried to contact them at their toll free number, but could not get through. I do not intend to pay them or ship it back.
Sc
  21st of Apr, 2008
We also received a "sample" and an invoice for $19.95. We did not order or request this product and I'm wondering who provided them with our name/address. I will not be paying or spending the money to return it.
Lr
  22nd of Apr, 2008
I ordered a "free sample" of this product. I received it, but did not open it, because I was not having any pain at the time. Two weeks later, I get a package with more of the product in it and a bill for $19.94. I tried to contact the company by phone and could not get a human. I complained to BBB about it. I also noticed on the company's literature that they advertise themselves as being a member of the Direct Marketing Association, so I complained to DMA. I got an e-mail this morning from DMA saying that HCI Direct is not a member of their organization and suggesting that I contact the BBB. These people are total scammers!!!
He
  27th of Apr, 2008

P.O. Box 34369
Lancaster
South Carolina
painvanish.com

I was to receive a free 2 oz sample of PainVanish (free return offered) for which I am now being billed $19.95.
I contacted the company on the website for free return information and have not heard anything from them.

I do not intend to pay for these charges nor will I return the sample unless they contact me.
Ch
  30th of Apr, 2008
I did not order the product since the 2 oz. sample they sent did not work as they claim anyway.

Now they sent me a product that I did not order and they have the audacity to bill me for $19.95.

I tried to look for a number that I can contact - nowhere to be found. I will be more than happy to return the product but the address they gave was a PO Box Number and not a physical address. I certainly will not take the time to mail it at my own expense. I will wait for them to send me a call tag.
Ge
  2nd of May, 2008

2603 N Stratford Ln,
Round Lake Beach
Illinois
Phone: 773 654 8283

Received a $19.94 bill for something I did not order.
I need Autorization Number to return something I did not order.
Ro
  5th of May, 2008

Sirs,
In jan i had sent in for a free sample. Only to find i was billed for 19. 94. I do not want anymore samples sent to me as i did not order any more, i paid the 19. 94 on jan26, today i got another one this i am not paying for as i don't want anything sent to me again. Please snd me a mailing label to send back to u. I am on ss and thought free was free but see u people scam us seniors with false advertisements. If my name is on your mailing list please take it off rosalie pollock
25 higgins road granville ny 12832