Pain Consultants Of Atlanta / charging feeson nonemergency services which I did not agree to pay.

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Pain Consultants of Atlanta turned a $399.21 bill over to collections despite the fact that I wrote co-pay only on the financial agreement with the doctors and repeatedly told them this fact. These fees supposely for hospital charges when having epidural injections. It appeared to be the result of an agreement between the doctors/Piedmont Hospital and Kaiser Permanente so they required certain procedures to be done at the hospital.
However, there was no change in the actual location of the proscedure. The same procedure under my current insurance(BlueCross Blue Shield) covers the procedure in the doctor's office and is covered with a co-pay only.

Comments

• To
      11th of Sep, 2008

I have never been charged for anything other than what I received. They always treat me well. And everytime I ever received injections, they were done in the office at the Stockbridge location under a monitor where I could see everything happening. I am sorry you had an unfortunate situation. Why would they do yours at the hospital? And just out of curiosity...did the injections help you? They sometimes seemed to make me worse for a few days, then better for a couple of weeks. In my opinion, the injections are not worth the risk. Call a lawyer.

• Ar
      18th of Aug, 2009

If the second poster paid attention to the first complaint it says there WAS no change in the actual location of the procedure. I take that to mean that they charged for hospital services that were never given in a hospital.

"It appeared to be the result of an agreement between the doctors/Piedmont Hospital and Kaiser Permanente so they required certain procedures to be done at the hospital.
    However, there was no change in the actual location of the proscedure."

This sounds like the poster was ripped off for a non-exsisting charge.