Packet 8 / Think twice before using them

1 Santa Clara, CA, United States Review updated:

In July, 2008, Packet 8 cold-called me about switching from Vonage to their service. Buying the sales pitch, I agreed, provided they could port my current number. They assured me they could. I told them from the beginning I would not activate until the number was ported, as I didn't want to switch phone #'s twice.

After the 30-day trial ended, I began getting monthly service charges. A couple of months went by before I found they made a mistake and linked my LNP request to a canceled account. A couple of months later (Nov) they stated I had to fill out a LOA form, which they said they'd email me to, but never did. By December, they told me I had to submit a LNP request online AGAIN. Several times that I called I was told the LNP specialist wasn't available, but they'd call me right back (THEY NEVER DID).

By January 13, 2009 (6 mos later!), the number still wasn't ported, nor had I activated the service. That did not stop them from charging me $143.49 in service fees for a service that I had not used a single second.

I had to cancel the account. For that, they wanted to charge me an additional $75!!! Fortunately - in the one thing they did right - they waived the disconnect fee.

I have tried to work with Packet 8 on two separate occassions, and they have failed to make it work, I have paid them over $170 but they have never provided me with a single minute of phone service. I strongly urge you to think twice before purchasing their service.

Ja

Comments

• In
      19th of Aug, 2009

Avoid Packet 8 (8x8) like the plague itself, you WILL regret it if you go with them, months after we dropped them (like a Brick!) they started to charge us for a service we don't have and equipment that was shipped back to them (Recorded, and documentation of receipt kept by us). What's even worse, is that the charge goes up exactly $100 dollars each month. After talking to them (taped), doing a live chat (Saved txt and Screenshot), faxing them and in the end threatening to pursue this with the BBB, they still charge us, and now we have a charge from 8x8 Inc.,

Sound suspicious to you? here's the kicker.. The expanding bill each month is on a Credit card number A) we never gave them and B) When asked they could not tell what the charge is for.

Add A and B together and you will ...SEE, that something is really wrong with their business ethics and model. We chose in the end to go with Vocalocity .. a thousand times better..

The 'other' company.. is accredited, awarded and all that bunk.. all I can say to that is...

WTF...

Go Vocalocity, Go Lauren..

(Brittboy)