Packaged broccoli / Bugs in food

1 44 Ceaderwood driveNewport, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 01633 895015

Recently i purchased a packaged Broccoli from Morrisons in Avon Villiage, but until i cooked i had realised the package was filled with little black bugs, but me and my daughter had eaten half of it and our dinners, we both felt physically sick after realising we had eaten them, my daughter was extremly upset and it had wrecked our whole sunday dinner.

Julie Corten

Comments

• St
      28th of Feb, 2010

Oh, Come on. Bugs are protien. Should have charged you more...kidding.

Where the bugs harmful or was it just gross?

9th of Mar, 2011

My son just found a large bug in broccoli bought from Tesco (origin Spain). Can't seem to figure out what type of bug it is. Black thin beetle like with a hose out the front of it's mouth and a point (like a stinger) on the back end. Any ideas?

9th of Mar, 2011

Just found a large bug in our broccoli bought from Tesco (origin Spain). Not sure what it is. Put my son off broccoli. Long thin beetle like with a syphon for a mouth and a point (like a stinger) on the back end. Might have wings. Not sure was steamed to death.

9th of Mar, 2011

actually, was lodged inside the broccoli so wouldn't have been able to wash it off. Only found when eating one of the florets (sp?)

9th of Mar, 2011

upon looking at it, it may be spanish fly :) geez