Pacific Webworks / Unauthorized credit card charges

180 S 300 W # 400Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: (801) 578-9020

This company has been charging our American Express card on a monthly basis for $49.90 after an initial charge of $4.95. We called American Express and put the last two charges in dispute but the ones before that were older than 60 days. We have never heard of this company nor did we ever provide them with any of our personal information or credit card number. They are somehow stealing credit card numbers and abusing them.

Based on what I have read about them on the internet I cannot believe how long they have been ripping people off and that nobody with legal authority has shut them down and put the principals in jail. I am a former auditor to boot. The better business bureau in UT seems to be aware of them. The UT State Attorney General's office should have done something by now. Sounds like there have been numerous police reports filed. Hmmm, I just happen to have an upcoming trip to SLC. Maybe a personal visit is in order.
Va

Comments

Kr
  29th of Feb, 2008
A year later this company is still scamming people. They just took $59.90 of my money too.
Hm
  3rd of Sep, 2009
I'd be willing to pay your gas money !!
I'm wondering the same thing. WHY hasn't the Utah Attorney General done something about this scam ?? It appears they have kept the same phone number for some time now, so they mustn't be too difficult to track down. Shame on anyone who knowingly works for this fraudulent company !!!
Hm
  3rd of Sep, 2009
Here is the information you need to write to the Utah Attorney General. You must send a written request against Pacific Webworks. You cannot email or call. Let's make sure these jerks at PWW don't take another penny from an innocent consumer !!

Division of Consumer Protection