Pacific Webworks / fraud and rip off!

1 Ashburn, VA, United States Review updated:

As others have indicated, I have found a recurring charge for $49.90 on my bank account, and like everyone else I was wondering where it came from. I called the company, Pacific Webworks, and I found out what it was from. This was from an attempt to qualify for a 'free' gift card for taking an online survey. In order to complete the survey, you must sign up for a number of Gold, Silver and Platinum offers. One of the offers is for a $4.95 information packet for a Google online auction business. I figured, okay, I can shell out $4.95 for a $500.00 gift card.

In the fine print of the $4.95 charge is a statement that the $4.95 is for a 14-day trial period, and after that you are automatically signed up for a $49.90 per month web site to go along with your Google business. In order not to take advantage of this, you must call Pacific Webworks within the 14-day period to cancel the service. For all those who think they will get their money back, I don't think it will work. In order to finalize the survey, you must state that you have read and accept the conditions of the offer. You are probably stuck with the charges that have been taken. Fortunately, I found this on the second month so the damage is limited.

BTW, I'm sure this is no surprise to anyone, I never got the gift card either!

Va

Comments

• Hm
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Here is the information you need to write to the Utah Attorney General. You must send a written request against Pacific Webworks. You cannot email or call. Let's make sure these jerks at PWW don't take another penny from an innocent consumer !!

Division of Consumer Protection