Pacific Guard Warranty / Scam and cheating

1 1835 Newport Blvd. #A109,Costa Mesa, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888 857 2898

I wanted to cancel the warranty but they said I can not get back my money. Since I will loose money without getting anything I let it go. After two months I had a trouble with my car, I can not get any shop to look up my car once we mentioned the warranty from Pacific Guard Warranty. It was only Tracy Honda that entertained me, but they already informed us that I will not get anything from the warranty. Thru enough I have to handle $ 1, 500.00 the repair of my car. The A/C compressor need to be change because it got damage. They claim that the clutch damage the compressor so it is not covered in the warranty.

They also claim that the clutch is not a part of the compressor. If you look up in the repair and parts manual the clutch is an integral part of the compressor. No A/C compressor is sold without the clutch assembly with it.

Also in their warranty packet it is specified that the A/C compressor is under warranty and it does not mention any where that the clutch is not included. So this is a clear ripoff. If for some reason my engine got defective they will find a way to blame it to a part which cause the damage so it will not qualify for any claim.

Va

Comments

• Rk
      13th of May, 2009

These people are real cheaters. They found my phone number some how and called me for taking extended insurance from them. They said they had a file opened for my car, and it would be closed, and the extended coverage wouldn't be offered if I did't take the insurance on that day. They also said that there is a 30 day cancellation period with out any charge. But when I try to cancel my account, they don't answer or return my calls. I had to call them more than 10 times just to get to speak to the lady who handles cancellations for them. Even after I sent the cancellation form they are telling me to wait for a month to get it canceled. They billed my account even after me sending my cancellation form. My advice for people..don't fall a victim to these guys. They are trying to make money by any means.

• Pa
      3rd of Jul, 2009
    Pacific Guard Warranty - They will make it impossible for you to cancel.
    Pacific Guard Warranty
    California

I responded to a mailer to renew my warranty. I was told that I could review the details of the warranty and cancel within 30 days and receive a full refund. It took me 15 days, 50+ phone calls and voice mails, and a lot of yelling to get them to mail me a cancellation form. When I finally received the form, it said that I would be charged a $150 cancellation fee, in contradiction to what I was told when I purcahsed the warranty. I am still contesting that and worry that they won't process the cancellation.

My advice to anyone else caught up in this scam - call right away to cancel. If you leave a voicemail, they will not call you back. Keep calling. Be very assertive. If they try to tell you something contrary to what they said in the sales call, ask them to send you the recording of the sales call.

Before you sign up for a warranty, make sure it is not called DirectChoice Quality Vehicle Protection, through Pacific Guard Warranty, financed by MEPCO Finance Coorporation.

• Ha
      1st of Aug, 2009

It is pacific guard warranty 2151 salvio st suite 250 concord ca ...doug butcher and christian westbrook are the owners and a bunch of ### money hungrey ###...1-888-282-3524 x 4202 and 4201 give them a call

• Fe
      13th of Aug, 2009
    Pacific Guard Warranty - Won't Return Phone Calls
    California

Aug 3rd, 2009 I thought I was buying a warranty policy through an acrredited BBB business. Too many things didn't add up, after I had given my personal checking acct info, I became very leary. But I had no chance of researching this until the 11th, of Aug after a sudden death in the family and I had to trvel out of state. I found that Pacific Guard Warranty was not an accredited BBB business and BBB rated them F for the complaints that is the same as mine. I decided not to buy the policy and sent a letter of cancelation on their own letterhead(I made a copy) and then 2 days later recieved a package from them(that I didn't open) and sent it back to sender. I then tried to reach them by phone several times Aug 13th, 2009 and was put on hold and transferred to several different voice mails. I would call back and speak to a representative in customer care and every time I would ask about my refund of money since I canceled within 30 days and did not sign any authorization foerms for payments to be withdrawn, they would transfer me to a voice mail, and the voice mail would state they would call me back, but never once recieved any phone calls back.
    I was too stupid at the time and was very eager to get an extended warranty foer my high mileage car that I drive 100 miles a day to and from work. Its my fault I didn't investigate this first before I gave any personal info over the phone. I hope somebody reads this before they decide to get any extended warranties without first checking them out.