pac promos / charged after cancellation

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I sighned up for Pac Promos in 2006 and cancelled in 2006. They make it difficult enough to cancel and now three years later I find that I have been charged $20 a month for all this time! There service was terrible to begin with and I am very upset! Idiscourage anyone from joining their service! It is a scam!

Comments

• Bi
      15th of Aug, 2009

people who scam other people should get all the punishment in this world before they die.

• Uc
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Hello, I totally disagree. I've had a great expirience with Pac Promos and ive been using it for 2 years now. I got it at UCLA (where i go) and I LOVE my salon n my stylist that i found through Pac Promos ;-) if you had some bad time just go to a diferent place, thats all...this company actually offers you tons of salons in different areas n you are free 2 try couple ;-) All they do is promote and help us to save some $$$, which I think is great, cause my school is def. beyong cheap ! Plus $20 a month is really nothing, i spend $25 weekly just on my pedi ;-)

• Va
      25th of Sep, 2009

I feel that UCLAstar is just another pac promos representative.

30th of Sep, 2009

UCLAstar is a scammer. Call campus security if you run into these thieves on campus.

• Dw
      1st of Oct, 2009

How do you cancel? I'm desperate!

• Fr
      1st of Oct, 2009

UCLA star is defintely a scammer. This is the most awful scammer business targeted towards students looking for deals and I hope they get prosecuted accordingly.

• Je
      12th of Oct, 2009

I AGREE WITH UCLA STAR YOU GO GIRL! IT'S ONLY $20 A MONTH AND YOU GET SO MUCH BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. WHERE ELSE ON THIS EARTH ARE YOU GONNA FIND SUCH AN AWESOME DEAL FOR THIS CHEAP! MY OLD STYLIST USED TO CHARGE ME $80 JUST FOR A HAIR CUT. NOW I'M GETTING A HAIR CUT, FREE HIGH LITES AND LOTS MORE FOR ONLY $20 A MONTH THATS CRAZY! I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT WHERE I'M FROM THATS REDICULOUS! THANKS PAC PROMOS!!!

• Er
      13th of Oct, 2009

I don't know what ya'll is talking about but Pac Promos is totally legit. I bought my package in August and since then, I already got my hair did 3 times at felicia's in Riverside. She was very respectful and curtious. Thanks Pac Promos!

• He
      13th of Oct, 2009

This scammer company came to my school. They prey on college students who are trying to save money. 20 bucks a month sounds great but when you cannot cancel it because the company wont respond to your emails, then thats a scam. This service might be great for "Erika", "Jenny", and 'UCLA" but its not for everyone. These people lie about the "package" they are selling. Its not a package it is a membership. They told me they were not taking any money when they asked me to "sign up" next thing I knew they wanted my credit card.

My advice is go online and research any company that has "spokespeople" approach you at a public place, before you hand over your credit/debit card. If you have recently purchased this package and you are a legal resident of California, within a few(I believe it is 2) days you are legally able to cancel your membership with no fees. Personally I called my bank and explained my situation, they put this company on a STOP PAYMENT list, which will not allow them to take money from your account automatically each month.

If these people come up to you in a public place, call security.

Hope this helped.
    -Concerned Customer

• Oh
      13th of Oct, 2009

has anybody successfully cancelled to this crap?

My stupid self fell for this and signed up, and now that I'm researching I realize it was a sham!

I gave some stranger my debit number!

I sent them an email, though I don't know if they'll respond.

I also contacted the nearest salons and they don't know anything.

I'm trying to call the representative but it says her voicemail is full---SHE NEVER HEARS THEM.

should I just cancel my card? what is a [censored] to do?!

13th of Oct, 2009

I was walking through campus ( at Cal State Northridge) when I was approached by a man named Franky who told me he had a great way to save me money on getting my hair professionally done. He told me that if I made a one time payment of $20 that I could go to these great salons and get my hair done and recieve 50% off my bill. He then made an impression of my debit card but told me it wouldnt be charged. I then asked him if it wasnt being charged then why did he need it? While he struggled to make up an answer i decided this was a scam and asked for my debit card back which he gave to me. I asked for the impression of my debit card but it wasnt given to me but i was promised my card wouldnt be charged. Later on i still felt uneasy about the situation so I called the bank and asked the to cancel my debit card so I could be sure it wouldnt be charged. The over the phone banker made a mistake and didnt cancel my card so when I checked my online statement today (a week after being approached by franky) i see a $20 charge from Pac Promos Inc. Needless to say I was pissed but for now all I can do is fill a claim against Pac Promos which I am going to do in the morning since the bank is closed!

After talking to a different over the phone banker heres what I suggest:
    1.) If they have your debit card number CANCEL YOUR DEBIT CARD ASAP!!! (most banks have a number you can call, and be sure to verify that your card is automatically shut off)
    2.) Add them to your banks stop payment list (if your bank has one) so that they will no longer be able to take your hard earned money!
    3.) If they already have stolen your hard earned money go to the bank and file a claim against them to get your money back!

Im really pissed by this whole situation so as soon as I found out a number for Pac Promos or anything else I will be posting it on here! Lets stick together and take these scam artist down!

• Mo
      14th of Oct, 2009

Heres how to get in touch with the people over at Pac Promos.

Phone Number: 818 703-9168

email: info@pacpromos.com but attention veronica (shes the boss at pac promos) in the subject line!

• St
      16th of Oct, 2009

Hello,

My name is Stephanie and Franky actually approached me on campus as well.
    He gave me two packages, one for me and one for my friend, and I was very happy with the
    way he explained it. I can't wait to go use my first visit. I think next time you should just more questions. I heard you talking about in Math class and decided to go online and also give my imput.

16th of Oct, 2009

I LOVE MY STYLIST! THANKS PAC PROMOS!

• Pa
      17th of Oct, 2009

UCLAstar...erikagirl...jennygirl...eyecandy...stephanie cal state northridge all work for pac promo! And if you look on other site were users say how much Pac Promo suck the formentioned all have commented on those websites saying how great it is as well. If Pac Promo was as great as you claim it is then you would'nt have all of these people complaining about how much your company and product sucks! It takes 3 days for e-mails to be returned, Veronica the manager has no direct email, phone, or fax number and you guys scam money from hardworking people looking for a good way to save money.

• Ce
      17th of Oct, 2009

Pac Promos is a great company! they helped me find the right stylist for a really low price! I would definitely reccommend them to any girl out there who loves getting there hair done. :----)

• Di
      21st of Oct, 2009

PAC PROMOS IS HORRIBLE! I called to make an appointment with the listed salons in their pamphlet and they don't even take the card! I paid all this money for something I can't even use!!! Ther other salons listed are too far from me and not worth the drive... now I want to cancel my membership! I've emailed, sent a written request AND called a number I found online! I will definitely be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau... if anyone from PAC Promos offers you a package, run away!

• Ne
      22nd of Oct, 2009

PAC PROMOS LIES ABOUT THE MEMBERSHIP COSTING ONLY A 20$ FEE WHICH SEEMS TO BE A GOOD DEAL UNTIL YOU REALIZE IT IS FOR THE NEXT 5 MONTHS. THE CHARGE COMES OUT OF NO WHERE SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT AT ALL TIMES; AFTER, THE CHARGE COMES ON THE SAME DATE FOR 4 MONTHS.

DONT EVER GIVE OUT YOUR CARD INFORMATION!!
    SCAMS ARE EVERYWHERE
    AND THEY PREY ON COLLEGE STUDENTS ESPECIALLY ONES ON THE FIRST DAY SO THEY ARE NERVOUS.

• Po
      23rd of Oct, 2009

A girl came up to me on my first few weeks of college and told me about pac promos. then she asked for my debit card and told me I wouldn't be charged until i made my first appointment at one of the salons listed. She said she was just getting my information. So I fell for it and gave her my debit card information and then she made me sign a paper. Later I read it and I realized I had signed a contract agreeing to pay $20 a month for the next five months and I would be billed 7 days from the day I signed the contract. It said nothing about being billed after my first appointment. So I went online and googled "pac promos" and it didn't even have a number I could call, and saw so many complaints saying it was a scam. So the day after I called my bank and canceled my debit card, and five days later, I get a new voice mail from the girl that had gotten my information telling me that my credit card wouldn't get through. So she asked me to call her back and give her the information of my other credit card so that she would be able to charge me. Since then, I have never answered unknown phone calls and I never called her back.

So to anyone who will be or has been approached by these people, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR INFORMATION! As good as it sounds, you will regret it in the end. If you do make the same mistake that I did, cancel your credit/debit card as soon as possible! Before they start charging you!

• Ca
      23rd of Oct, 2009

PAC PROMOS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT?? BUT I JUST WANNA SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH YOU GUYS AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT THEY WERE SO NICE AND RESPECTFUL AT THESE SALONS. THEY WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO MAKE SURE THAT I WAS COMPLETELY SATISFIED. I'M FROM THE EAST COAST AND I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE. ANYWAYS I JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE MY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WITH YOU GUYS AND PROVE TO YOU THAT I'M A VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER WITH PAC PROMOS! THANK YOU SO MUCH PAC! I WISH YOU GUYS HAD SALONS BACK HOME :)))