P. C. Richard & Son / sold me defective hdtv as new
I have just purchased a brand new SONY HDTV 40" Z series (three weeks ago) from PC Richard on 317 Route 17 South in Paramus, Bergen county, New Jersey. Within 2 or 3 days of purchasing the TV it had sound problems, the sound would intermittently go off and on. I called the store and they sent couple of installers to fix it. They did not do anything (except for booting the cable box) and said that the TV was fine.
I called the store again and after lots of arguments with a sales person he agreed to exchange it. The second T.V. (supposedly new) arrived and within an hour of its installation it started showing a blurry and ghosty picture.
I called the store again to complaint and again they sent another installer who was supposed to be an "expert". He said that standard T.V. channels should look like blurry on HDTV! ! and that the TV was fine!!. Despite the fact that the picture was blurry on both standard and high definition channels, he bascially said that the picture should look blurry!!!.
I went to the store again and I asked them to exchange it as it was clearly defective. The store manager and his assistant refused to exhange it. The store manager just did not care and was quite rude and just did not want to talk to me at all. After another lengthy discussion with the assistant manager he said that he would call me and send -yet- another technician to my home to check it out; otherwise they would never exchange the T.V. and it was mine even though it was defective.
I refused to have another technician come to my home only to say that the TV was fine and that the picture should look blurry!.
They said that their policy was that as long as the TV turns on then it was fine and would never exchange it.
I called the PC Richard headquarters and spoke to someone who claims to be a manager of customer help or care.
He said that PC RICHARD policy is NEVER TO exchange anything as long IT TURNS ON AND OFF!!!.
I am now stuck with a defective T.V. that shows blurry pictures for which I paid US$1600 !!.
This is unfair, and unacceptable policy towards customers.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF PC RICHARD RETURN POLICY. THEY ARE DECEPTIVE. BE CAREFUL. THEY DECIEVED ME AND SOLD ME A TV WITH BLURRY PICTURES FOR US$1600. PC RICHARD SAYS THAT ALL HDTV SETS SHOW STANDARD T.V. AS BLURRY !
PC RICHARD WILL NOT REFUND OR EXCHANGE ANY T.V. OVER 30"!. IN OTHER WORDS THEY DO NOT RETURN or EXCHANGE EXPENSIVE ITEMS . BUYER BE CAREFUL.
More P. C. Richard & Son Complaints & Reviews
- PC Richard & Son - everybody knows extended warranties are a scam. here's more proof: 
- P. C. Richard & Son - the worst customer service 
- Ge Money - PC Richard Credit Card - unfair finance charges
- PC Richard & Son - p c richard & son would not price match an item I bought from them. they stated that the price match item was for 'black friday'
- PC Richards & Son - 6 weeks, no microwave fixed yet!! 
- PC Richard & Son - your service appointment has been scheduled for 9/20/18 on your range, model# fggf3035rf.
- PC Richard & Son - 007-1690858
- PC Richard & Son - i'm complaining about my frigidaire fridge
- PC Richard & Son - returns
- PC Richard & Son - failure to manage air conditioning installation repair