P. C. Richard & Son / sold me defective hdtv as new

I have just purchased a brand new SONY HDTV 40" Z series (three weeks ago) from PC Richard on 317 Route 17 South in Paramus, Bergen county, New Jersey. Within 2 or 3 days of purchasing the TV it had sound problems, the sound would intermittently go off and on. I called the store and they sent couple of installers to fix it. They did not do anything (except for booting the cable box) and said that the TV was fine.
I called the store again and after lots of arguments with a sales person he agreed to exchange it. The second T.V. (supposedly new) arrived and within an hour of its installation it started showing a blurry and ghosty picture.
I called the store again to complaint and again they sent another installer who was supposed to be an "expert". He said that standard T.V. channels should look like blurry on HDTV! ! and that the TV was fine!!. Despite the fact that the picture was blurry on both standard and high definition channels, he bascially said that the picture should look blurry!!!.
I went to the store again and I asked them to exchange it as it was clearly defective. The store manager and his assistant refused to exhange it. The store manager just did not care and was quite rude and just did not want to talk to me at all. After another lengthy discussion with the assistant manager he said that he would call me and send -yet- another technician to my home to check it out; otherwise they would never exchange the T.V. and it was mine even though it was defective.
I refused to have another technician come to my home only to say that the TV was fine and that the picture should look blurry!.
They said that their policy was that as long as the TV turns on then it was fine and would never exchange it.
I called the PC Richard headquarters and spoke to someone who claims to be a manager of customer help or care.
He said that PC RICHARD policy is NEVER TO exchange anything as long IT TURNS ON AND OFF!!!.
I am now stuck with a defective T.V. that shows blurry pictures for which I paid US$1600 !!.
This is unfair, and unacceptable policy towards customers.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF PC RICHARD RETURN POLICY. THEY ARE DECEPTIVE. BE CAREFUL. THEY DECIEVED ME AND SOLD ME A TV WITH BLURRY PICTURES FOR US$1600. PC RICHARD SAYS THAT ALL HDTV SETS SHOW STANDARD T.V. AS BLURRY !
PC RICHARD WILL NOT REFUND OR EXCHANGE ANY T.V. OVER 30"!. IN OTHER WORDS THEY DO NOT RETURN or EXCHANGE EXPENSIVE ITEMS . BUYER BE CAREFUL.

He

Comments

• Us
      5th of Apr, 2009

P.C. RICHARD AND SON HAS OFFERED TO RETURN YOUR TELEVISION NUMEROUS TIMES, WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCT AND HAVE OFFERED TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE...

• Je
      30th of Aug, 2009

BEST BUY STANDS BY WHAT THEY SELL/I HAD A LCD THEY COULDN'T GET THE PART REPLACED THE TV AND IT WAS 4 YRS OLD.OF COURSE I PURCHASED THE EXTENDED WARRANTY BUT STILL IT WAS HASSLE FREE. I PURCHASED AN LG RANGE AT PC RICHARDS 1 OF THE KNOBS PEELED IT WAS JUST A YR OLD THEY WON'T REPLACE THE KNOB NOR WILL LG LG WANTS TO GIVE ME A SERVICE CALL THEN CHARGE ME FOR BOTH.I WON'T PURCHASE ANY LG PRODUCTS OR BUY AT PC RICHARDS I HAD THE EXTENDED WARRANTY ON IT ALSO HOWEVER IF YOU READ IT KNOBS ARE COSMETIC, WHEN THEY SELL IT TO YOU THEY TELL YOU IT COVERS EVERYTHING LIARS!!!

• Al
      2nd of Oct, 2009

It may be a bit late now, but I would have definitely taken them to small claims court.
    We can't allow them to go on screwing us! Had nothing but bad experiences with them myself...

28th of Nov, 2009

PC RICHARD IS HORRIBLE AND CONSUMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AS WELL.
    I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEIR "MANAGER" OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, TODD, AS WELL.
    QUITE RUDE AND NOT AT ALL HELPFUL.

• Ke
      21st of Dec, 2009

I bought a glass top range I was never told about the drawbacks I asked for an exchange or money back they have ignored me.

• Vi
      21st of Feb, 2010

I too am currently going through the same process right now regarding a 55' tv I purchased a few days ago. I have spoken to 5 different workers and none of them have gone the extra step of assisting me. My box is still in tack and has not been opened. I called the till free corporate office and they too said tv's over 37' are non returnable or exchangeable. But when you click on the return policy on their web page, or read the return policy, it clearly states non opened non tampered items can be returned. I WILL NEVER GIVE ANY BUSINESS TO PC RICHARDS. I do not trust any of their ethical business standards. Once they make a sale, they'll leave you stranded if you have a change of mind.

• Jh
      24th of Feb, 2011

i read this reviews too late. having problem with a broken 46 " tv now. i can fell tha i will lost my $1200. such a bad company, i hope they will refund my money then i can go to best buy

13th of Jul, 2011

I bought a warranty from PC Richard with my tv and if they can't repair it they credit you towards a new television. I can't get a repair appointment or a store credit. This is fraud, I paid for a warranty and have not received anything! All I have now is a broken television

• 28
      26th of Oct, 2011
    PC Richard & Son - They do not follow up on problems with the goal of customer satisfaction.
    p c richard & son
    317 Route 17 South
    Paramus
    New Jersey
    Phone: 1-201- 262-7676
    pcrichard.com

Of course, Charles never called me and I was never credited the $175.00 I was promised so I filed a chargeback with my credit card company. Finally, a little over a week after submitting the chargeback supporting documentation, P.C. Richard & Son credited me the $9.89 to round out the $175.00. Of course, I was still out $0.40 for the stamp and all my time and trouble because of Dick's failure to live up to our contract. Yes, it was much cheaper for them to give me $175.00 to keep a dented refrigerator than to replace it but they acted like I was an inconvenience to them instead of the reason they are in business.

Did anyone from P.C. Richard & Son ever contact me or apologize for anything at any point? No. They simply do not appear to care about their customers enough to apologize for the hell they put them through. At least half of their employees are indifferent or rude, in contrast with the ones who are polite and helpful. They do not take responsibility for their errors and mistakes in a straightforward manner. They do not follow up on problems with the goal of customer satisfaction. Yes, as people say, "P.C. Richard & Son sucks

• 28
      28th of Oct, 2011
    P Crichard & Son - Joe botros jr. Said there was no record of my appointment.
    p crichard & son
    317 Route 17 South
    Phone: 1-201- 262-7676
    pcrichard.com

Bought a television saturday. Had trouble connecting it. Called tuesday to make appointment with installation professional for wednesday evening (And was put on hold three times!) . Left work early even though i had a lot to finish up before the holiday weekend.

No one showed up wednesday evening, so i called the store to follow up (And was put on hold twice) . The clerk joe botros jr. Said there was no record of my appointment. I said i might pursue a refund. The clerk joe got mad and hung up on me.

This store wasted my time! Next time i'll go to (((Competitor's name redacted) ) ) !

• Pt
      23rd of Jan, 2012

I purchased an Electric dryer October 2010 (whirlpool). 4months later the dryers shuts off and does not heat. Called p.c Richards techs came out three times took a look at it and said it works fine, not even taking it apart or doing tests. Now I'm stuck with this dryer because it is over one year and they P.C Richards and Whirlpool do not want to exchange it. Worst company ever.. Never shop there again.