OwensCorning.com / Uses fancy letter to get out of it #278156

I have been roofing for more than 20 yrs now, these singles were bought at Lowes building supply, the type were owens corning, well the shingles didn't stick, I contacted the company they said send me a sample of the singles, and pictures, well they send after a month and a half of waiting for some response we get a copy of the letter they sent to the customer my company roofed for him, telling him that it's my fault, with their fancy letter saying about how they should be nailed and so forth, I have never had a complaint from my other customers, anyway now I had to buy some more shingles and nails out of my pocket to make sure I redo his roof to please the customer, I believe if they would have stand behind their product I would not have to redo and pay out of my pocket for new shingles, and I didn't use that company I went with another, I will never buy shingles from that company again, they will use fancy letters to shut you up and they will get out of it. It's a big corporation there could have been a portion not done right, and for some reason we got the short end of the stick, this customer now don't believe that my work is not good, my reputation of a small business like mine can't afford to loose a little bit or a lot because of shingles that don't stick, they will try to blame you and not take responsibilities of their product... well I hope you can do business with them I know I won't.

Comments

13th of Jul, 2008

I think that the company should have contacted the company that roofed the house and not the roofer's customer... and the company should have sent someone to actually see the work done on the house instead of using pictures and samples. cause the shingles are done and maybe that batch of shingles were bad you never know.

• Le
      15th of Jul, 2008

big companys that mass produce products like this have a few of their products come out faulty.

• Jl
      6th of May, 2009

I just a filed a complaint with the PA State Attorney General re Owens Shingles. We bought the house when it was 3 years old with owens 20 year warranty shingle. They are defective and owens will pay claims IF YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE HOUSE!!! if, like us, you bought the house from another owner, they won't pay. They do not deny the product is faulty or that the limitations of the warranty was not printed on the shingles with the big print number of the years warranted. They said the contractor or retailer should have called the company so they would know. They suggested we sue the former owners who sold us this house. IF ANY ONE FROM PA HAS THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE CONTACT ATT> GENERAL TOM CORBERT > hopefully he can help us...if not, a class action suit and complaint to AARP and contacts with local media outlets can help move this GREEDY DISHONEST COMPANY to make good on an admitted defective product contact me for more information at jlmtmk@zbzoom.net to join in the complaints from PA

• Jl
      6th of May, 2009

IF You are in PA and have a complaint PLEASE contact pa state att gen tom corbett