Owen Simpson / check fraud

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

After necessary verification, I am happy to inform you that your application with AtoZ Safe Limited has been successful.

Job Responsibilities is as follows: You will be marketing our prospective clients in your State by posting Catalogues and Mails to them through either by UPS, FedEx or normal post.

Please be informed that you will be working two days per week and 2-3 hours each day depending how fast you can handle the mails. Your minimum weekly imbursement will be $400 which is subject to increase as time goes on and additional $90 for buying stamps and envelops. The working days and hours are flexible so let us the days you will be available to work.

Your First Primary task

1. Find out the nearest post office to you

2. Find out the UPS or FedEx offices nearest to you

3. Find out the cost of USPS stamps from the post office

The company will need to send you first week imbursement and cost of posting materials (like Stamps and Envelops) you will need before sending the mails and catalogues to you.

Kindly reconfirm your Name and House/Postal address again so payment could be issued out to you as soon as possible.

Please accept my congratulations while I await your immediate response.

Regards,

Owen Simpson

Personnel Manager

FAKE PERSON-- REAL COMPANY NEVER HEARD OF THIS GUY

Ga

Comments

• Mi
      5th of Dec, 2008

I received a similar solicitation from an "Owen Rodney" who allegedly worked for AtoZ Safes Ltd. in the UK. Please BE AWARE of these types of job scams! It is clear that others will attempt to take advantage of individuals who may have been hit hard by the current recession. Do your homework, and remember ... if it is too good to be true, it probably is!! Text follows:

35 COURT ROAD
    LONDON SE9 5AF
    United Kingdom

Your First Primary task

1. Find out the nearest post office to you

2. Find out the UPS or FedEx offices nearest to you

3. Find out the cost of USPS stamps from the post office

Please accept my congratulations while I await your immediate response.

Regards,

Owen Rodney
    Personnel Manager

• Dj
      9th of Dec, 2008

My wife and I both applied out of curiosity to the ad on Craig's List, and we were also two of the "Qualified applicants they Picked" In our case it was also Own Rodney, We thought from the beginning it was a scam and were proven right as well. Beware!

• Te
      29th of Dec, 2008

I got the email from Mr Rodney as well and a check for 3200 dollars. I was hopeful but at the same time cautious since I knew things like this were too good to be true. I got the check on Saturday and had to wait all weekend to verify it was a fraudulent check. Needless to say, not a happy camper at the moment.

• Mf
      9th of Nov, 2009

I just got one after applying to a work at home job on craigslist from Owen Books. He asked me to install Yahoo messenger on my computer so he could interview me on there. I wonder if this is the same scam. I'll be careful with this one.

• Ad
      30th of Mar, 2010

So I just got this email. Do anyone think its the same people and should i leave this alone