Overnightgenius.com / Online fraud

United States Review updated:

Overnight Genius charged my credit card with unauthorized charges. I found these charges to my credit card 7 days after the last charges to my card when I got online to make a payment. I then did a search for them and found this spot and was somewhat happy to find out I was not the only one.

I am glad that I did and after reading the information reported about Overnight Genius I immediately shut down my dial up connection and called my credit card company to have them cancel my card and issue me another one. I should receive another card in about 7-10 days in the mail.

I'm out around $80 to $90 and feel very stupid that I got nailed but, at 70 I sometimes do not think too good.

God Bless [redacted]'s website and I will be checking here in the future before I make anymore purchases online... most definitely! I'm planning to write the Colorado Attorney General's office to report, what I feel, is Internet fraudulent practices in their state. I think because it is interstate it may be federal. I will check that out later but Colorado will be done first.

Don't just get mad... get even. Thank You again for this website.
Va

Comments

Pe
  23rd of Nov, 2008
I too have fraudulent charges on my debit card from this company. Apparently someone got ahold of my card number and ordered one of their cd's. Luckily I caught it before I was charged the 70 or 80 dollars. But I am still out about 20 dollars. I was charged a shipping & handling fee for the product, then they charged my card the amount of 2.56 which they say is some kind of card verification fee and then I have to turn around and pay to send the package back. I can't just write the RMA number and refuse delivery. And of course they say I can't get any of this back even though it was unauthorized charges. I will also be writing the BBB and the Texas Attorney Generals Office. This is just crap that we're out money that some ### charged on our credit card. I live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to lose money for some crap like this.
Vi
  23rd of Nov, 2008
well you should really try this website its real i have received checks from them its called

just copy and paste its real email me if you would like me to show you the checks.!i am also a member of many more so just email me and i will give you all you need to know to start making money and i will surely prove all that i am telling you is truth
Er
  24th of Jan, 2009
I too ordered one 'free" CD from this company and was surprised to receive two more Microsoft Education programs from Overnight Genius. Fortunately, I realized what was going on and was not surprised when I went to their website and found an option on the 2nd page to immediately cancel one's 'subscription'. I'm just hoping I don't receive a surprise charge on my credit card for $78 + for my involuntary subscription. I'm sure if I do, the company won't refund my money.