Ovation Dining and Entertainment Restaurant / Bad service and business

1 6115 Camp Bowie Blvd # 112Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (817) 732-8900

I ate at a dining and entertainment place called ovations, its on the westside of fort worth at 6115 camp bowie blvd suite 112 fort worth tx. The incident started the waiter was getting my family and friends order wrong but we let that slide because sometimes people do go through things so mean while we all are finishing up our food the manger came over and ask how was the service! We all said service was bad so the manger had a look on his face like as if there couldnt be no bad service there. He told us to leave there place and i said let see the owner so the came over but didnt let me explain so that made us angry for the owner to act like that. The owner hit my cousin as we were walking out the door so my cousin hit her back and it went there. We have a guy that saw everything and lawyers to so please put this down in bbb for bad business you should not treat people like that.

Va

Comments

Pp
  27th of Mar, 2008

This is a great place. I am sorry your service sucked...but this place rocks!! The food is awesome and the music is great.
I would thoroughly recommend this place.

PPeebles

Ov
  27th of Mar, 2008

OK... I worked the night of the fight in question... saw the whole situation... and ready to relay the real story cause this lady is a liar... FIrst, we were on a 2 hour wait these 5 ladies walk in, we put them on the waiting list for a table and go to our bar area (which becomes just like floor seating on Saturday night.) After a group of cilized customers got up out of there 4 seat table...these rather robust women decided to skip ahead of 50 other people and take over the table BEFORE the table was even cleaned. They flagged down the server for that section and very rudely said, "Can you clean this table so we can sit here". He explains our policy of having to actually wait for a table when we are on a wait and that this table was reserved for the next table on the waiting list. They make a big situation about it and the manager decides to let them have the table rather than lose thier business. So these ladies run the server relentlessly and constant ask for unnecessary items and even get angry at the fact that the price of our beverages (non-alcoholic) are 2 dollars. They run up a 200 dollar plus bill and tip the server 6 dollars. The server tells the manager about the outrageusly low tip and he goes over to talk to the ladies thinkin that the service was bad or something of that nature. When he arrives, he asked, "how was everything ladies?" and they reply and I quote, "F**king horrible." KEEP IN MIND that the manager never once used a curse word with these ladies. He says well what is the problem and they rely a long list of idiotic and very incorrect things which where laced with f-bomb after f-bomb. So fed up with the continued disrespect, the manager asked the ladies to leave the restaurant. the ladies refuse and ask to speak with the owner. The manager goes to get the co-owner who is the female this lady is referring to. She tells them that if he has ask them to leave then she is going to stand by his word becasue he obviously has a good reason behind it. (Which he did at this point in the situation) The ladies contiune to drop the f-bomb and make the statement, "This is bullS***, all you white motherf***ers stick together and at this point is when the LADY PUSHES THE CO-OWNER IN THE FACE FIRST...I REPEAT FIRST... at which the co-owner tried to retalliate in self-defense as the other 4 woman began to try and surround her. The manager tackles the lady (which probably could have been handled a different way ) and restrains her. The once again tell these unruly, uncouth, uncivilized, disrespectful women to leave the restuarant has one of the waiters in the area of the fight calls 911 on his cell phone.

Now honestly this lady comes to a nice restuarant like Ovation and brawls like she out in the middle of the street and expects sympathy... PLEASE!! Get this lady a violin and sit her down somewhere cause they came in and made themselves look ignorant.

Ve
  3rd of Apr, 2008

Fat women tend to get mad when they don't get a lot of food shoved in their faces right away.

Fr
  28th of Apr, 2008

I happened to be a guest at Ovations that night and was behind you and the owner going to my table from a bathroom visit. The complainter FORGOT to mention she was making LOUD deragatory racial comments about the restaurant staff. Something about it didnt matter they was white and would stick together-funny the entire kitchen staff is mexican, the chef is black, and their sous chef is white. The bussers are all mexican, and they have a couple of hispanic servers, a black server or two, and a black hostess.

The actual confrontation happened when the owner told the complainer to leave her business when she stopped walking to the door. She then began telling the owner she didnt have to leave while doing this hand twirling gesture with her right hand which got tangled in the owners hands as she tried to ease her back to moving to the front door.

Jo
  1st of May, 2008

Nobody else has said it so I will. Typical ###ing ###. Disrespectful, discourteous, and wants to blame everyone else for her bad luck in life. A few other things to the complainer, learn to proof read, my nine year can write a more complete paragraph than that. Lasly, stop being such an asshat. It's all about karma, if you go around in life being an ### you will get treated like an ###.

Mi
  18th of May, 2008

Having been a customer of Ovation since it's very begining, I find these comments outragous. I am not saying it did not happen, could have. . Atmidetly, I have not been going in since they changed there hours to 6PM opening time, and discontinued the Happy Hour, I still have many friends that dine there reguarly. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Ve
  18th of May, 2008

I can see there was "No Child Left Behind" here from everyone of the comments...NOT!!!

Re
  16th of Aug, 2008

My goodness... so much hatred! Is it neccesary to throw out the n-word or comment on fat people!? Can't you just put in your two cents regarding the situation w/out being soooo derogatory! That really shows that you are just as ignorant as the crazy woman who originally started the conflict! However I will say a little prayer for the both of you... and will still try Ovations out this weekend!

Di
  30th of Oct, 2008

Hey man! It"s the salt content in the food, that's all.

El
  4th of Dec, 2008

I will say this, there certainly are a lot of ignorant people in this world. First being the lady with the initial complaint (who seems to have showed her ### in public), second the person cowardly enough to use the n-word on the internet (who probably walks around smiling at people being so phony on a daily basis thus his need to be a punk and hide behind a computer), and thirdly the fat people hater. Everyone truly needs to abide by the golden rule: Treat others as you want to be treated. How simple life would be if folks didn't walk around with chips on their shoulders, or hate in their hearts.