Outdoorsman Supply Company / Outrageously long wait for shipment

I wish I had found https://www.complaintsboard.com earlier, as I have read a complaint which is identical to mine earlier today on this very site! I placed an online order with Outdoorsman Supply Co. on March 18th. They seemed to have a good selection of products at reasonable prices. One week later I received part NOT all of my order. When I inquired about the status of my order via email, (email is the only way to contact them, their site has no business phone number). I was told that the balance of my shipment was coming from a different location. I was then told that this location was a little behind schedule and Craig would get back to me "tomorrow." Week two I had to initiate contact again when Craig failed to email me! Days later his reply stated that he was checking on my order that there was NOTHING WRONG with my order and that he would get me tracking info ... soon. Week three (the week before easter)After again initiating contact again, I was told FINALLY that my missing products were on BACKORDER!!! A full three weeks after I had placed the order AND been charged for the full price of my COMPLETE order!!! Week four I received yet another cryptic message from Craig saying he understands my frustration yet provides NO new information about where OR when my supplies will be shipped. With the help of my very computer savvy brother in law, I FOUND THEIR PHONE NUMBER!!! (using the site: www.whois.sc) Unfortunately the number simply dumps you to a message machine... much like their clunky web email portal. After leaving a message stating that I needed to know a projected date as to when the shipment will be fulfilled... here I am waiting... again spilling out my saga to the complaints board. See the screen grab of my "Customer Service" conversation with Craig below. This is only the latest dialogue that we had starting in week three. At any rate... (insert sagely advise here...) PLEASE!!! If you are a sportsman looking for a good deal, go with a proven source rather than the CHEAP road that is outdoorsman. They sucker you in with their lower prices and YOU wind up PAYING the price in the end by waiting like a puppy by the door wondering if you will ever see what your hard earned money went to buy. DONT BUY HERE! Spend the extra money and get what you want WHEN you want! Peace and luck to you all gearing up for your outdoor sports.

Outdoorsman Supply Company

Tg

Comments

• Va
      11th of Nov, 2008
    Outdoorsman Supply Company - Unauthorized charges
    Outdoorsman Supply Company
    outdoorsmansupply.com

Ordered item on Oct. 12, my account was debited on Oct.14 it is know Nov. 4 and have not received item. I have not received an email from this company after been emailed many times. I would just like to have a tracking number. Could not find a phone number for this company. This makes it very hard to get in contact with this company and when they don't response to your emails it very irritating.

• Ge
      14th of Feb, 2009

Orded a loading press on 1/30 money taken out on 2/2 .Two weeks gone by tryed to find out status of order .Email on contact page never answerd phone calls never returned GOT RIPPED OFF why dosent GOOGLE take them off their site.

• P5
      27th of Apr, 2009

I just ordered from this company and was checking them out online. Did you ever receive the rest of your items? Although after reading your complaint and email communication you posted it sounded like the customer service guys was honest with you about the status of your order and was fairly timely with his communication responses except for the last response where he mentioned he was out of town.

I'm ok with my items being on backorder as long as people tell me and it sounds like he did that, so reading your email communication with him actually made me feel better about the order I placed yesterday. Thanks.