Outdoor Headquarters / Terrible customer service

United States Review updated:
4.75

Horrible customer service. Danner gave them a credit so that they would give me a refund, and they refused. I talked to an extremely rude man who told me that he would charge me 50% to "restock". Not only was he extremely rude/uncooperative/loud, HE WAS THE OWNER. I asked to speak to someone who could speak to me more nicely, he told me no one else could help me, he was the owner. He proceeded to hang up on me. There are many other stores out there. Cabelas for example has always been helpful.
Va

Comments

Gr
  4th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
On a Monday I ordered a pair of boots from this company. They told me that they were in stock. It takes two days for processing. I was told that if I paid for next day air shipment, I would be guaranteed to receive them by Friday. Thursday comes and I call to check on my order. I was told the boots did not ship yet and they did not know why. He would call me back. An hour goes by, no call. I call back. He then proceeds to check his email, makes me wait a couple of minutes then says, the boots I ordered are out of stock.

Out of stock? I was guaranteed the boots by Friday! If I wasn't going to get them they should have let me know without me having to call them. I canceled the order and told him I wanted my money back. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was the owner.

I wait 3 business days and keep looking for my money. It took them 2 business days to charge my account. I send an email demanding my money back. The transaction had not even been initiated until I had to request them to do it. I would probably still be waiting for them to send me my money back had I not demanded it back.

I WOULD NOT recommend this company to anyone, especially if you are in a hurry to receive your product.

I had to drive 35 miles one way to buy what I wanted and if the need arises, I will shop there from now on.
Ga
  20th of Nov, 2009

Outdoor - Headquarters.com - Order Canceled by Outdoor-Headquarters, No Refund Yet
Outdoor- Headquarters.com
Albany
Georgia
Phone: 866-571-9343
Outdoor-Headquarters.com

I placed an order for Georgia Boots on October 14, 2009. I have been told repeatedly that they would arrive and as of November 20, 2009 I still haven't received them and cannot get anyone to call me back. I have told them I want to cancel the order and cannot get them to give me a cancellation confirmation or any information.
Do
  22nd of Nov, 2009

Outdoor Headquarters - Didn't send product or refund money
Outdoor Headquarters
outdoorheadquarters.com

This is the WORST company that you could possibly do business with. I ordered a pair of boots OVER a month ago and I still have not recieved them. I have called AND emailed COUNTLESS times, with no answer to my emails, and I ALWAYS get a recording and no call back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE, FOR AMY REASON.
Dr
  22nd of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered a pair of boots from their website close to 3 weeks ago. After the first week I tried to contact them via email to check the status of my order. I got no response. I emailed 3 more times with the same result. I tried calling 3 different times last week and still have not recieved a response. I'm starting to feel as if I have been scammed.
Di
  23rd of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I'm right now having the same problems with this company. I wish i had found this sight sooner! After making numerous attempts to contact through email and by phone, finally got through by phone. Got the same excuse and attitude as the others posting comments! i also am feeling scammed! Made a request for my money to be returned, hope i get it...
Al
  25th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same problem w/this company...ordered almost two weeks ago and order is still "pending shipment" from Danner. So they(outdoor-headquarters are not answering customer service lines or returning messages; I tried the "sales" number and they answered; the women there told me that since the boots are handmade, it would take up to 3 weeks. I Called Danner, they said "No, " there were several in my size ready to go, that outdoor-headquarters just had not released the order. Called Danner to report O.H., they are looking into it now. This is fraud; they are not just taking orders while going out of business, they are actively lying to customers. Once again, cannot get anyone to answer messages or calls.
Dr
  26th of Nov, 2009
Good luck ! I'm dealing with nearly the same thing. I have had no communication with them. Tried calling and emailing with no response to either. I just filed a complaint with the better buisiness burea. What ever happened to honesty ?
Sp
  30th of Nov, 2009
SAME PROBLEM, NEVER RECEIVED MY ORDER. MADE A COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BUSINESS, RECEIVED A REFUND EMAIL FROM THE COMPANY THE SAME DAY. I AM TRYING TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS COMPANY.
4k
  2nd of Dec, 2009
Wow, I also wish I had found this site before ordering my son's boots. Same problem...ordered in October & site said shipping was Fed Ex. Called 2 weeks later & was told they were on backorder. I questioned why they didn't inform a customer either by email or phone if an item was on backorder. I was assured it would not take another 2 weeks. Two and a half weeks later, I left 2 messages & one email, no response from the company. Luckily we paid with PayPal & iniated a dispute and then a claim against the company. Paypal refunded our money within a week due to receiving NO RESPONSE from this company. Buyer Beware!
Nj
  2nd of Dec, 2009
We ordered boots on 11/15 and the status still says pending. No answers the sales or
customer service phones, nor do they reply to emails. I agree with others, I wish I had checked them out before ordering. I will now have my cc company dispute the charges.
Db
  5th of Dec, 2009
I ordered Bates boots on 10/24/09 and have experienced the same problems as everyone else. Now 12/5 and still no boots and no response from company to phone messages and emails. I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will pursue getting my money back from PayPal. Do not order from this company! dbulls
Hi
  5th of Dec, 2009
I ordered a pair of Rocky boots on 10-17-09. Sent e-mail to check order on 10-30-09 and was told item would be shipped around 11-7-09. I sent two more e-mails on11-26 and 11-30 with no reply. If you have had a simalar problem please file a complaint with Georgia Governor"s office of consumer affairs. Also search complants with Georgia BBB. I plan to persue this until I get my money back.
Dj
  7th of Dec, 2009
Not to sound like a broken record, but I also had a horrible experience with Outdoor Headquarters. I ordered my boots on 10/20 for my husbands birthday. I started trying to contact the company 3 weeks later when they were still not delivered. The tracking info always said "Shipment Pending." I tried calling multiple times only to get a recording telling me to leave a message. I did, but never got a call back. I emailed 4 different times, and never got a response via email either. My final email I requested they refund my money within 2 days or I was going to contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. Still nothing! So, 2 days later I did file my complaint with the BBB. That was on 11/19. Today (12/7) I received the boots, almost 2 months after I placed my order! I also received an email today from the BBB that included a response from Outdoor Headquarters. This is what it said:

We are sorry that our customer has had a hard time getting through. With the high volume of calls and a shortage of operators, we have done a poor job of return all calls. The customers boots were American Made boots that sometimes have to be made to order. Her order was shipped on 12/3 and is scheduled to be delivered 12/8. We have sent her tracking information.

I would recommend filing a complaint with the BBB for those of you who still have unresolved issues with this HORRIBLE company.
Fl
  15th of Dec, 2009
I placed a credit card order with this company on November 25th, they billed my credit card on November 29th- I have made at least 5 phone calls, get only an answering machine, and never a return call-- Have sent e-mails to customer service, still no reply--and still don't have the item I ordered-
Am reporting now to Better Business, State Attorney General and Master Card-
Po
  16th of Dec, 2009
I ordered work boots, and paid for them on the 13th of Oct. I have not seen them and outdoor-headquarters has my money. I have e-mailed and called them several times. On the call you only get a voice message stating for me to leave a call back number and they will call me back, that was in Nov and Dec. This is the first time I have ever been treated like this by any store.
Ha
  18th of Dec, 2009

Outdoor Headquarters - Didn't send product or refund money
outdoor head quarters
Indiana
Phone: 8665719343

i ordered boot they took out of my account 109.99. then they cancelled order. would like my money back. confor mation numberwas 15526413 date of tranaaction was dec.9 2009
  18th of Dec, 2009
i too have had mutiple complaints againts this so called company. i ordered lacrosse boots on 11/18 and have yet to receive them. after mutilple eamails and unanswered call i have decided to contact the BBB. i am also contacting my credit card.
A0
  20th of Dec, 2009
Fraudulent charges have recently been confirmed on my CC account (the same account used to purchase boots through Outdoor-Headquarters)! Evidence points to this shady company, too! CONTACT YOUR CARD ISSUERS IMMEDIATELY, IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO!!!
A0
  20th of Dec, 2009
Pi
  21st of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Scam operation...I have disputed the charges on my CC. Filed a complaint with the GA BBB and with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Next...I'll let you know.