Ourtime/Pof/Eharmony / scamming/fraudulent activity

Dear readers,
I am a woman in my 50s. I have not dated in many years, which is not uncommon for my age group. Many older women who are divorced or widowed try the dating websites.
I was truly appalled at the amount of fraudulent activity on these websites. People overseas will create a fake profile and a fake person, get their victim emotionally hooked and then ask for money. I have been sent pictures of naked body parts, obscene messages with profanity and a 25 year old man wanting to hook up with an older woman...
The experience can be overwhelming and deeply depressing for a person who has not been in the dating pool for a while.
These websites seem to be doing not much of anything to prevent the fraudulent activity on their websites and care very little for their customers.
I urge all who are over the age of 45 to be careful. Do not sign up for a years subscription. Sign up for a trail membership of a month and see if you can tolerate it. Do not expect much from these websites and do not pay a lot of money for them!

Aug 07, 2018