Other Half Cosmetics / hair and makeup

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 403.890.5460

On behalf of a friend I'm warning people.

When booking the appointment a deposit of $50.00 was requested. This should not be done.
This appointment was for a company party. An email of photos for hair and makeup preference were sent. My friend was confident that it could be done, as they were very simple looks.
When entering the private home it was not a professional setting. The quality of the products were appreard to be a no name brand. For the rates she was paying everythig was very low quality from the products to the atmosphere. Her friends were coming and going as she was there for my appointment.
She would not let my friend see the results until she was completely finished. When she finished the results were so bad, the makesup looked like MiMi from the on Drew Carey tv show. It was simply embarassing. Hair was not even close to what was requested. Needless to say nothing could be done in time to attend the function. What should of been a very special evening turned out to be an overwhelming nightmare.
The testimonitals on her website must be written by herself or relatives.

Ka

Comments

• Kc
      20th of Mar, 2011

I disagree I had my hair and makeup done by them and it was way better than I expected! and I know she is a on location artist so she came to me fully prepared to get me glamed up. On top of that she is very professional, when her phone rings she doesn't even answer it or even look at it, she puts you first, so your complaint is very suspicious to me because the makeup artist is quite the opposite. By the way any professional that offers services would tell you that you need to put a deposit to hold your date, other wise they can give your spot to someone else or loose buisness.