Otel.com / False Reservation & Late Refund

1 Turkey Review updated:

I was looking for cheap hotel in Vancouver BC Canada, when I suddenly dicovered the cheapest web page for the hotels and it was otel.com. I found Days In Vancouver hotel which was impossible to book from another web pages because of it's great number of wishers. All rooms were reserved on other web pages an on hotels web page, except otel.com. Of course I booked it and one night I slept very happy. Today morning I casted doubt in otel.com and I decided to check with Days in Vancouver Downtown Hotel, the answer they gave me was: instead of 5 nights otel.com reserved me 1 night and charged my account with amount of 5 nights. After this small shock I called otel.com-s call centre, polite young man asked me to wait for 2 hours for solving my problem and they will call me back. 3 hours later I called and young lady answered, when I told her about my problem she answered me that it will take 48 to 72 hours and then they will answer and tell me if they can solve my problem. It was just today, I must check in on October 20 and my cancalation is free before 16 October 12 in the morning. So if they answered me in 48 hours and tell me that they are not able to book this hotel for me, then I had to pay for cancelation or stay in hotel for one night and pay for 5 days.
So I asked young lady, if any charges will apply on my account, and she told that they even did not charge my account.
I canceled my booking and in few seconds dicovered their e-mail in my mailbox, with text below:
"Your reservation has been cancelled without any cancellation fee. As your credit card has already been charged for the reservation, you will receive a full refund which will appear on your statement within 10 days".
After another a bit larger shock, but with hope to refund my money with few sweet words, I called back to their call centre. Young Lady answered phone, first attempt from her was to blame my bank, for what I answered that I was just coming from my bank and it was not bank's fault. For second attempt she told me that my credit card was already charged and they won't be able to refund money before 7-10 working days. Because of lack of money, I asked to renew my canceled booking, not to stay in the street for my vacation, young lady refused to help me and wished me a nice day.

Thanks to hotel.com for leaving me without money for vacation and the refunded money I will get as soon as I return from vacation.

Hope my post will help someone, not to entrap in hotel.com

Regards,
NC

Nc

Comments

• Me
      16th of Oct, 2010

Hi NcHiNcHi

Thank you for your post and as I replied on Trip Advisor I am very sorry to learn from your comments that you have been unhappy with our services.

Can you please let me have your Otel.com booking tracking number so I can have a look into this and clarify the situation

Caroline
    Customar Care Manager
    caroline@otel.com

12th of Jun, 2013

Booked through otel.com. Received suspicious badly worded email some time later. Decided to check on their veracity. DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. Unable to contact them via their website. Fortunately I have an excellent Bank who are pursuing the matter on my behalf. It may cost a little more but book with a recognised organisation.

12th of Jun, 2013

Dear mambocadzi, Thank you for your post and I am very sorry to learn from your comments that you have been unhappy with our services. Can you send an e mail to me ? Our e mail adress is customercare@metglobal.com . I will await your clarification so I can assist you.
    Merve A.

12th of Jun, 2013

Dear Mambocadzi, Thank you for your post. Can you send an e-mail to to me . Our mail adress is customercare@metglobal.com .I will await your clarification so I can assist you.
    Merve A. Otel.com

• Th
      23rd of Feb, 2018

I'm sorry you had to deal with this company!!! I also experienced utter foolishness with them and will make sure to tell WHOEVER... I will scream it from any mountaintop to NEVER deal with this company. It's definitely not worth it. They are complete scam artists and soon, the world will know of their foolishness. I'm definitely going to do my part to make sure everyone I know never books with these people. I have YET to receive the refund I am owed by them. They are utterly ridiculous and unbecoming of any decent organization.