OSP Communications / Fraudulent Billing

Sacramento, United States Review updated:
4.75
I exclusively use my cell phone for phone calls. My land line only exists so that I can have DSL internet service. I do not have a telephone plugged in to the line. Therefore my ATT bill is identical month to month. This month I noticed that it was 15 dollars higher than normal. The problem was the fraudulent billing of a 15 dollar collect call that was allegedly placed from my phoneless home to Omaha, NE. The 3rd party billing was conducted by "The Billing Service" on behalf of "OSP Communications." I called tried to call both companies to complain and OSP's number is out of service. The Billing Service wouldn't tell me anything beyond the fact that OSP wants to handle all inquiries. It is a total scam and now I have to spend my time on the phone with all of these a##hole companies sorting it out.
Se

More OSP Communications Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ri
  9th of Oct, 2008
OSP Communication has done it again. It has charged $13.21 charge to my phone account of Collect calls that I did not make. I called their # and no response. It wasted my time. I will call my carrier to refund this charges. Beware!!!
An
  20th of Oct, 2008
I called OSP at 1-877-491-5506
Waited about 2-3 minutes on hold. The operator already knew why I was calling and basically issued a refund back to my Carrier. I didn't have to fight or anything. She asked my phone number, and the amount. Then asked if I was the only one that would have access to the phone to accept the call. She then promptly said OK, must be a billing error and issued a credit.

My carrier already put a claim charge in. Basically I had 30 days to dispute it with OSP before ATT will charge me for the call.

More info can be found here.

/URL removed/

Quote from the link above:

"I called AT&T and they explained that they could do nothing to remove the charge (they are correct they can not remove the charge). After many calls back to AT&T to make sure that each operator was telling me the same store, I finally called and filed a report with the 'California Public Utilities Commission'. 800-649-7570. www.cpuc.ca.gov

The agent asked me to make one more effort with AT&T and to specifically ask for the following using this terminology: Please put a 'pending claim' on the charge and to perform a 'recourse charge back to OSP'.
"
Le
  23rd of Oct, 2008

OSP Communications - Fraudulent Collect Call
OSP Communications

I am being billed for a collect call that was never accepted by anyone in my home. When I call the Billing Resource I am directed to OSP Communications, given a phone number, told I am being transferred and then the phone disconnects. When I call the number given I am told the call cannot be completed as dialed. I received little assistance from my phone provider (Century Tel).
Ki
  3rd of Nov, 2008
My scam charge was a collect call for $20.20 plus tax, total $23.12!

I went to The Billing Resource website and filled out the Billing Inquiry Form (http://www.thebillingresource.com/contact/4-1.asp). In less than 24 hours I got a response that the Billing Resource would credit the disputed amount back to the account "as a courtesy" and I'd see the credit in "one to two billing cycles." Well, I'm not going to pay the 23.12 and then hope for the credit to actually show up, so now I still have to dispute this with AT&T. I will use the terminology quoted above--thank you for that.
Sc
  4th of Nov, 2008
My Scam was also for a charge of $20.20.

I called the Billing Resources phone # on my bill 1-888-296-8079
Once the call was answered by a computer...the call was automatically
transfered to OSP Communications.
I waited a couple of minutes on hold. The operator already knew why I was calling and basically issued a refund back to my Carrier. I didn't have to fight or anything. She said the charge was for a 14 minute collect call. She asked my phone number, and the amount. Then asked if I was the only one that would have access to the phone to accept the call the last 30 days. She then promptly said OK, must be a billing error and issued a credit.

Hopefully the billing resource & OSP communications are they are getting their act together!
Re
  1st of Dec, 2008
I too received that same fraudulent collect call fee on my bill. I too only noticed because I never use the phone it was billed on. Even though it was only $10, I am very disturbed by having to go through the effort to remove the charge, as well as the many people that probably just pay rather than waste their time trying to remove it.

How can we get OSP Communications out of business? When I called them, I asked for their address and was told it was:

701 N Green Valley Parkway
Henderson, Nevada

The person I spoke to was Luis. I don't know what else I can do...
Dl
  1st of Dec, 2008
When I received my Quest billing for November there was a collect call billed by OSP Communications. I only use my land line for DSL and do not give out that number to anyone, nor do I have long distance service on it. I called Quest and they submitted a request for a refund of the charges. I called the number the collect call came from-it is disconnected. I called 888-269-8079 and got a recording asking for a code. When I googled OSP I found this sight, and was happy to find a working number, 888-649-7570. The CSR told me they are a third party billing company for collect calls. She questioned me about the call and then said "our records indicate there has been a billing error, we will remove the charge, it will take about 30 days". We shall see. Someone is running a scam.

Keizer, OR
Tm
  26th of Jan, 2009
Please, if you have a charge from OSP contact your service provider, although they likely will not be bale to do anything they may be interested in knowing that there is fraud being committed out there. Try and get OSP to credit your account. Make sure you have the credit by checking with your service provider then file complaints to the FCC through their website www.fcc.gov, got to the filing complaints heading on the left hand side. Also file a complaint to the state regulating board, here in California it is http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/PUC/forms/Complaints/.
The service providers as well as The Billing Resource probably get a commission on these charges and need to be muscled into providing you a credit. Threaten to change services to internet or cable phone.
Hopefully OSP can be put out of business.
Am
  16th of Feb, 2009
I received a collect call charge on my AT&T bill from OSP Communications through the Billing Resource. I called AT&T and they said they would take the charge off and send it to claims. They suggested I call the Billing Resource and have them credit the charge or it will keep showing up on my bill every month. I called the Billing Resource and the woman I spoke with said she credited the account. What's interesting is that the account is for a security alarm. AND the number the call was made to was not even the number on our account.
La
  20th of Feb, 2009
I just realized I received a collect charge on my Verizon phone bill from OSP. It was odd because I have free long distance and would never accept a collect call. The call was from California and apparently the date was 12/9. The bad part is the call time was 8:24 and I know I was at work by that time. The call charge was for $20.20 and with taxes equated to $21.61. This is the biggest scam. I am trying to get the charges removed ASAP. Has anyone been successful at getting the charges removed? I know for sure I will be filing a complaint with everyone I can think of to get this company shut down.
Ma
  29th of Mar, 2009
i had a charge from OSP comm. too i called their number and i didnt even had to wait a minute and they aswered, they were very polite and issued a credit, i did get the credit when they said...the weird thing is that i had use their service i do receive collect calls and every time i have a question or a consern they help me with it. i dont think they are a scam. there are many people reporting them but what about those that DO use their services and dont comment about their good service.
Br
  4th of May, 2009
I was charged 10.21 for a collect call coming from arizona. This call occurred while I was at work, therefore no-one was here to accept the call, though I still got charged.and i do not have long distance service on my phone. This is definitely a scam. I called billing resource and was on hold for 14 minutes, a rep first said he could not locate my phone #, and put me on hold again. when he came back he agreed to refund the call and told me it would take up to 2 billing cycles.He could not give me any information about the call, he told me exactly what i could see for myself on my bill. I asked for a # for OSP comm., and he said he did not have one.I became angry and asked to speak to a manager, he told me someone would call me back, because he could not find a mgr at that time.I demanded to speak to someone, the rep told me to have a nice day and hung up on me.i am callin verizon next.
La
  20th of Dec, 2015
don't deal with any company except att. if they refuse to refund it copy the chat to email. send them this article in the chat in text form: http://consumerist.com/2009/02/02/check-your-att-bill-for-fraudulent-charges/ and then report the ### to the FCC. I'm not convinced att is not involved in this cramming fraud and make no mistake what they are doing is illegal. we are porting all our phones to 1-voip and we will never have that problem again. plus they are anti photo solicitors and you don't have to pay to unlist your phone cause they NEVER give it out (which is how it should be but instead ATT makes US pay to keep them from sending out our number *ssh*les!!! also 1-voip does not allow ANY robocalls. good luck. we put up with this billing for five years and att would never do anything about it. We are really angry.