Oscar Thompson/ Comfort Feet Shop / Goods never arrived; charged 2 months later

CA, United States Review updated:
4.6
On August 19, 2008 I placed an order at ComfortFeetShop.com for a pair of shoes. I received an email confirmation for the product but nothing was shipped. I called repeatedly but no one answered the phone - eventually I resorted to leaving a message. No call back.

On September 7, 2008 I still had not received the goods. I emailed the company to cancel the order and called again (no answer, so left a message).

On my most recent credit card statement (for month of October), there was a charge of the original order amount from Oscar Thompson company / ComfortFeetShop.com. No goods have arrived and the company has not returned any phone calls.

Comments

Ka
  31st of Oct, 2008
Shoes did not fit, card was charged, email is not valid, no one answers phone.
Ri
  15th of Jun, 2009
I have ordered from them twice. The first time one of my items was the wrong color, but I let it go because they were Dansko clogs and I know I will use them. This time, neither of the pairs of Dansko sandals I ordered fit properly, and I have emailed twice and called three times within the last two weeks regarding a return and have received no contact. I am really getting ticked. I am planning to leave three messages a day until the 60 day mark hits (when, according to their website I can no longer get a refund). Their clearance prices are good, but not worth the hassle. I am going to have to sell these shoes - at a loss - on consignment because I absolutely cannot wear them. I will NEVER order from this company again.
Da
  6th of Nov, 2009
Do Not!!! Order from this company! It is a complete scam! I am out 123 dollars and no boots! They will not return phone calls or emails. I have been calling about three times a day and always get the same anwering machine. I am so furious! It says it will not take your money until the item has shipped but they took my money the very next day. I will stick with zappos or shoes.com from now on. Its worth the few extra dollars.
Ve
  8th of May, 2010
If this ever happens to you, you need to do a chargeback with your credit card company. This will make the company look bad and it hurts their credit. Any credit card company will help you do a chargeback. Don't let yourself get scammed. If it's Paypal they will help you too. Pass this along to others, share it on all the forums your on. It's a good way to get back at fraudulent companies.
Sh
  23rd of May, 2011
Wow! I have never had such poor customer service. Long story short, I emailed them the last time telling them I would be tweeting my horrible experience. They actually called me and harassed me about tweeting! Can you believe that? Then, THEN, THEN...someone requested me to be their friend on fb, and I accepted only to find out it was a brand new page from a comfort feet employee, and I was the only friend. The page was just set up this morning. So they are now stalking me.

My long story is...I ordered three pair shoes and two of them never shipped and they would not give me a direct answer to why, then told me they DID tell me they were unavailable...which wasn't true. They said backordered, but refused any information. Couldn't get anyone to answer the phone either. They suck.
Su
  9th of Nov, 2011
Ordered and paid for shoes that said to check if in stock. Called the next day and could not get a hold of customer service. Sent an e-mail and got a prompt response from Cindy . I was never charged since item was not in stock and did not ship. It took a while for AMEX to remove the pending authorization item on my on-line statement (about 5 days) but I was never charged in the first place.

sunny
Jp
  9th of Dec, 2012
This company is awful. My husband found them online and ordered me a pair of the Dansko shoes I'd been wanting back in September for my birthday.2 weeks later, he was informed that they do no not carry the Dansko shoes and tried to replace them with some brand we'd never heard of. After a lot of e-mailing and threatening to call the BBB, We got a refund. I made the mistake of forgetting which company my husband dealt with and just ordered a pair of Dansko clogs for myself about 2 weeks ago. Within 24 hours a got an e-mail telling me that they don't carry Dansko and tried to switch to that other brand. It was only then that I realized it was the same company. Now I am going through this incredible hassle again (My own fault, I guess!). DO NOT use them. False advertising, awful customer service.