ortho whiteteeth whitening

1 Review updated:

purchased a free trial of Ortho White and paid $2.87 shipping and handling, the offer was on one of the app games from facebook or myspace. What I did not anticipate was the $84 after charge about a week later. I received the product after the charge. Then I figured, "Ok I get it nothing is free, they got me". about 3 weeks later I recieved another box. I called the phone number on the box to cancel the service. 2 weeks later, I called the company after recieving another $87 charge, and spoke to customer service. I asked, "I returned the product unopened and wanted to know when I would get my money refunded to me". The girl on the other line said, "that's not our refund policy and you signed up for a monthly service" I said, "I don't want the teeth whitening and I signed up for a free trial". She told me, "Too bad, we're sending the box back and that's not our return policy, you had 8 days to try the product before cancelling it." I then called my bank and cancelled my debit card. Thankfully the bank has put in a claim for the company. Unfortunatly I fell for a stupid scam, and the company is not going to cooperate.

Comments

• Ff
      Sep 26, 2009

Orthowhite should not advertise "free trial" and then charge you for the whole program before you can even try the product. Good thing I got out when I did, because without knowing, I was enrolled in recurring shipments of the product. Hopefully all of us victims (potential consumers) can be reimbursed for their trickery.

Nov 15, 2009

It's not a scam it's just about people not reading what they are getting!

You've got to look for trials that last at least 14 days, and check out carefully how to cancel even before ordering.

When something is "free" I always read the terms and conditions twice.

If you had read the terms and conditions of Ortho White you wouldn't have bothered getting to the order page!

So please stop staying things are scams, just say you were stupid not having read the terms, and advise people to do so.

Nov 15, 2009

I forgot to mention this blog article which helped me a lot understand how "free" trials work: