Ortel Communications/Broadband service / Pathetic broadband service by Ortel Communications, Orissa (Be ware of this institution)

India Review updated:
Ortel Communications
Pathetic broadband service by Ortel Communications, Orissa (Be ware of this institution) – By Birupakhya

Hi All,

I am a victim of false promise and pathetic service provision of Ortel Communications, Orissa. Initially I was informed that with monthly rental of Rs. 500/- (inclusive of taxes) I’ld be getting broadband connection (1.25 GB download limit & unlimited upload limit with additional usage charge of Rs. 0.75/MB for downloading) and cable TV connection (less than 65 channels I guess although I was not promised of any fixed number).

Everything was fine till the date I checked the usage online and i was getting a fixed charge of Rs. 500/-. The day I started checking usage I got the daily usage (often inflated. I got the used amount 5-6 MBs for opening 3-4 sites without downloading any thing and I guess any fool’ll make the homepage with a load of 1-1.5 MB).

Everybody will be miraged that the plan is postpaid, but actually they claim it to be a prepaid plan and your connection will be discontinued abruptly if your usage exceeds the free download limit (1.25GB in my case). If it’s a prepaid plan the unused amount (broadband usage) should be carried forward to the next month (like mobile service providers do), but it never happens. So u are charged as if u r postpaid user with facilities of prepaid user. You may even loose your foot skin running to their offices for every recharge and for resolution of minor issues as

1. You’ll never be able to reach their toll free number (can try it out at any odd time forget about regular office hours). So no way of registering complaint.
2. The Cuttack office number provided on the backside of the bill is wrong and it can never be reached.
3. The other number i.e. [protected] which is much published will not be picked up.

Therefore I caution all the prospective broadband users of Orissa for not taking any of the plans offered by Ortel Communications. You can better take BSNL plan (as no other ISP is available in Orissa) where you can reuse the modem (which is not the case with Ortel Modem) even if you change the service provider in future.

My general feeling about Ortel:
1. Not a professionally managed organization with ruffians occupying certain positions, who don’t know even how to talk to customers (even if u pay bills on time).
2. Prime motive: loot, loot and loot the customer without any basic service to offer.
I would like to conclude with 2 wishes:
1. “May many other professionally managed ISPs come to Orissa with superior service offering and organizations like Ortel must be dethroned”
2. Please please please for god’s sake don’t trust Ortel. They are simply cheaters.

N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Great observation my friend. I guess I was under the same blues. I am a freelancer with limited projects. They claimed to provide connection in 2 days and it never happened. After 15days also they are trying to find out some issues with the locality. I have had their guys to surrender the connections so that I can go for a new connection. Really those guys are making a fool of persons.
N  24th of Aug, 2009 by
i do agree with you.But as of i know BSNL is also pathetic in service a good point of Ortel is that you can call there toll free no to lunch complain and possibly it will be resolved by same day or next day .But in case of BSNL its like you cry and cry for the restoration of the service but its goes to vain.What else options available in Orissa its pathetic that no other companies prefer Orissa to start Broadband services now due to lack of exposure.Its better something than nothing right .Ortel is not best but its goo at least its providing service and create awareness in the Orissa market to be explored by other service providers.
N  17th of Sep, 2009 by
Ahhh.. just read this over here
seems like a total ### and customers are paying much more than they should. Questions like...should we trust this company or is it a complete sucker ?
N  19th of Oct, 2009 by
got it hopefully they rectified the things now Ortel is assuring best services by providing a secret password which customer should only provide to the technician only after his complain get resolved .Its a good step taken by them hopefully they are also coming up with latest software for billing .Where billing problem is not there even with all big teleco's are having same short of problems.It happens and when it has been sighted rectifications are made. can any one of you tell me with which service provider you don't have faced any problems. It will be there for ever no company ever satisfied.i work with best service provider company in asia still we cant able to satisfy all our customers.That's one need to check what input they have putted to rectify or escalate the problems to the right persons.
N  20th of Nov, 2009 by
1. Download can happen automatically even you do not browse, download your self. There are some software like Antivirus, Adobe Acrobat and many more who download automatically even you do not know !!!

2. All portals like MSN / Yahoo plays news video, advertisement automatically even you do not want or left connected.

3. Contact 1800-419-6060 toll free no.

Happy surfing... No frustation
A  17th of Dec, 2009 by
Mitali was happy with his connection But I am.

These days there speed also getting very slower than before.
I was getting 64 Kbps=512 kbps in 2006-2007-2008 But after their remodication i thought it will get better speed than before. But i was wrong in that.
Now a days The Speed was maximum 40 Kbps=320 kbps.
They are ###ing with the rest Kbps.
Means 512-320=192 kbps (24 Kbps ) was lost.
I really wanna to ### them but i can't do it alone.
I tried several time but these ### do not listen to your words.

How could it got the ###ing award by some ###ing minister for providing better service in urban areas???
This award should be given to BSNL not to Ortel.
They are using this 24 Kbps to feed their children.

MOther ###er Ortel Group.

Try to provide at least 64 Kbps as per the Contract.

:###ers Group
D  17th of Mar, 2010 by
Nice words dear such a brilliant mastery over English this gentle man have.He doesn't understand a bit of broadband and see the views just amazing .Boss go through any broadband portal and kindly do let me know you are getting speed in through put or true-put. you are getting more than what you supposed to get its a good speed you should enjoy it .its such simple you were getting Rasgulla with a price of peanuts now you are having problem as you are getting samosha out of it, but still you are in profit so enjoy.
N  4th of Mar, 2011 by
I'm a user of Ortel Commutations Internet with Package of 899 plan which is works fine for me but I'm unsatisfied on it's connection speed and it's disconnects every 1-2 days for few hours it is a very bad thing about ortel.

I think you should ask bsnl internet first because they are just perfect for us.
ask oRTEL AT 0674-3911111