Pathetic broadband service by Ortel Communications, Orissa (Be ware of this institution) – By Birupakhya
I am a victim of false promise and pathetic service provision of Ortel Communications, Orissa. Initially I was informed that with monthly rental of Rs. 500/- (inclusive of taxes) I’ld be getting broadband connection (1.25 GB download limit & unlimited upload limit with additional usage charge of Rs. 0.75/MB for downloading) and cable TV connection (less than 65 channels I guess although I was not promised of any fixed number).
Everything was fine till the date I checked the usage online and i was getting a fixed charge of Rs. 500/-. The day I started checking usage I got the daily usage (often inflated. I got the used amount 5-6 MBs for opening 3-4 sites without downloading any thing and I guess any fool’ll make the homepage with a load of 1-1.5 MB).
Everybody will be miraged that the plan is postpaid, but actually they claim it to be a prepaid plan and your connection will be discontinued abruptly if your usage exceeds the free download limit (1.25GB in my case). If it’s a prepaid plan the unused amount (broadband usage) should be carried forward to the next month (like mobile service providers do), but it never happens. So u are charged as if u r postpaid user with facilities of prepaid user. You may even loose your foot skin running to their offices for every recharge and for resolution of minor issues as
1. You’ll never be able to reach their toll free number (can try it out at any odd time forget about regular office hours). So no way of registering complaint.
2. The Cuttack office number provided on the backside of the bill is wrong and it can never be reached.
3. The other number i.e. [protected] which is much published will not be picked up.
Therefore I caution all the prospective broadband users of Orissa for not taking any of the plans offered by Ortel Communications. You can better take BSNL plan (as no other ISP is available in Orissa) where you can reuse the modem (which is not the case with Ortel Modem) even if you change the service provider in future.
My general feeling about Ortel:
1. Not a professionally managed organization with ruffians occupying certain positions, who don’t know even how to talk to customers (even if u pay bills on time).
2. Prime motive: loot, loot and loot the customer without any basic service to offer.
I would like to conclude with 2 wishes:
1. “May many other professionally managed ISPs come to Orissa with superior service offering and organizations like Ortel must be dethroned”
2. Please please please for god’s sake don’t trust Ortel. They are simply cheaters.