Orkin Pest Control / Integrity is not what they live up to!

As a former employee fo r 6 years ,I've learned that you are trained to tell customers lies. A new tech may come to your home never being in the field before but he is trained to say "I've worked with them almost a year now". Termite and pest control salespersons are trained to target low to mid income potential telling them that they have termites or bugs when they really don't. Lots of times technicians are forced to go out customers home without chemical and pretending to be spraying chemical when its just water.mainly at the Columbia SC branch. That branch in ra off of poor management, and the region manager is no better. He said he would never have a black branch manager and as long as I've been there I never saw one. I feel that the company itself is as fake as can be. All they want is your money, service sucks due to lack of training. Over the years their morals have fallen

Comments

• Oh
      30th of May, 2009

Well, I would have to say that you are going to have bad-seeds in any organization. The true test of integrity is how they deal with the bad seeds, and in my experience Orkin repeatedly failed that test. I've seen management turn the other way when techs lie or cheat customers because they don't want to have to deal with problems.

You're right about the region manager. I always got the impression that he was annoyed at having to deal with black people. Really fake, really condescending.

• Mi
      9th of Nov, 2010

Discrimination runs ramped through this Company...Ive heard things that would make you cringe in disgust! the big boys are very sexist make uncomfortable jokes about the woman and those they do not like! Cant wait till I get the hell out of this Company cause Im gonna bury EVERYONE! Hell, maybe even file a lawsuit myself!