Origin3 Web Designers / Do not contract with Origin3!

In April of this year I entered into a contract with Origin3 Web Designers, located in Salt Lake City. It has been 6 months now and I still don't have anything close to the web site design that I originally wanted, even after supplying Origin3 with pages from my old web site. Origin3 just went off on their own and designed a preliminary site like they wanted the site to look like. NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR! After 6 months I am told that every time I correct THEIR design I have to go back into the LOOP and wait for my turn before someone makes my requested changes/revisions. This has happened 32 TIMES in the last 6 months and now I found out today that I'm back in the LOOP again because I requested text and format that they have had for 6 months but have chosen to ignore.

If you are in somewhat of a hurry DO NOT CONTRACT with ORIGIN3. They are notorious for not getting back to you in a timely manner.

GOOD LUCK in you search for a reputable web site designer. If you find one PLEASE let me know.

Comments

7th of Nov, 2007

Origin3 has 6 complaints filed against them with e Better Business bureau in Slat Lake City.Mine is the 7th complaint. They are quick to take your money and extremely slow to respond. We hired them to build a jewelry site 9/12.We still have nothing. My partner is extremely ill with cancer and depends on the money to assist with medical expenses. AVOID THESE GUYS!!

• Sc
      13th of Nov, 2007

Hiring these guys to build my Website is like buying a lemon from the smarmiest car dealer in the world. They told me they were going to ONLY charge me a 50% deposit until the site was finished. But they charged my card the whole amount, and when I wanted to back out, they wanted 15% of the whole amount. They never finished my site... they never returned my phone calls... they said they would follow up in emails and I never received those emails. I am certain that Satan has a special little room in Hell, tucked away, full of flaming horse poop, just for the Origin3 staff. These guys are the biggest liars in the history of Web design. BE AFRAID... BE VERY AFRAID!

• We
      4th of Dec, 2007

Origin 3 are complete liars, scam artists, they put you through complete frustration because they keep losing designers, or they say they do, they have a script for every file sent... that they can not open, do not return e-mails on a consistent basis... keep you just hanging in there with broken promises of when they will complete your site., after you send them enough information to have a child build it themself. Stay away, report this company to everyone you know... spread the word... they steal your money!!

• We
      5th of Dec, 2007

Since I have posted this comments....Alexis at Origin 3 has been working hard to complete our site....she has been an asset to their company, although, it is still no over

15th of Dec, 2007

I consider myself very fortunate. After slightly less than 60 days of broken promises, and, as Wendy stated " enough information to have a child build it themselves", I contacted my bank & requested a chargeback for services never completed. It took a month, but I got my money back.

I am not cheering. When we started building this website in September, I told them I needed a functional store in time for Christmas.We sell jewelry. After two months & discussions with numerous folks at origin 3 all telling me different stories, I had nothing I could use. We lost our Christmas sales & 90% of our income comes from Christmas.We lost lots of dollars in inventory we purchased for Christmas.My partner depends on the income to defer expenses from chronic cancer problems. I told them that. The last person I spoke with at origin 3 was one of the owners, Matt. He was rude and blamed me for the delays. It's always good to point the finger at someone else, besides yourself.

Depending on how you paid these weasels, generally you have 60-90 days from the time you begin to GET YOUR MONEY BACK. They know this. Fortunately, I found someone reputable & local who answers my emails & in three weeks is 50% completed on the project.Imagine that!

Good luck to all of you still hanging in with them. They are a worthless lot.

• Ba
      21st of Dec, 2007

Apparently something is going on at Origin and it's not good! After several extensive conversations in March I contracted with Origin to have my site build in May. I submitted my files and anticipated seeing my site in a timely manner so that I could be introduced to the "gurus" who would show me how to build upon the site. The highlights of the experience are as follows:
    Four times my designer was fired. Not once was I contacted nor did anyone respond to emails I sent. Forced to dial and redial until I got a live person and the news. This of course extended the time it took to attempt to complete the site.
    During this time it was discovered I was charged for something I did not need, leaving me a credit. When I attempted to use the credit, they instead charged my card.
    As the files needed to be sent 4 times to 4 designer I had some variation in my site. After sending corrections back, some as simple as typos, I would recieve the same garbage back, typos included.
    After speaking with "upper mgmt" I realized I was fighting a loosing battle. I was informed after 8 months that this poorly designed site was now a totally useless poorly designed site. My main objective was to be able to add additional pages myself as I anticipated 100+pages. I was now told I would not be able to do that unless I learned html, which was NOT what I was told when purchasing this package.
    Of course, according to Origin, I was never told that. The end result was I rec'd my site on disc which is great. It's of no use as a website but is a great example, along with all my emails, of just how unresponsive and unprofessional Origin is as it contains the same errors that were twice requested to be changed.
    I have filed a complaint with the BBB, requesting a refund. For once there was a quick response from Origin in which they attempt to turn the issues back on me and were adamant about not refunding my money. That's just fine, that's what small claims court is all about. If you deal with Origin document EVERYTHING! This is the most unexperienced company with a large number of condesending employees who obiviously lack experience which is fine for them as there is no accountability!

• Tr
      1st of Jan, 2008

I have dealt with Origin3 also and went through the same things...they steal your money tell you a bunch of B.S. and your the one doing all the work..DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY ....IM CONTACTING THE NEWS MEDIA ABOUT THEM...THEN THEY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER ALL THOSE QUESTIONS OF WHY THEY DO BUSINESS THE WAY THEY DO...

1st of Jan, 2008

The challenge with the web development industry is there is no association to "disbar" unethical providers. Many of them operate almost anonymously and from many different "virtual offices".

As a seasoned technology executive, bucking the industry SOP of avoiding any overhead, I founded a real, bricks and mortar web services company called United WebWorks, Inc. (unitedwebworks.com) We have hundreds and hundred of satisfied clients and googling us will not result in 5 complaints on page one as it does for these folks. In fact, you will not find one on any page. We are listed in the yellow pages, in our domain reg information, we are trustworthy and accountable for all we do. It would be my pleasure to serve anyone who wants a very affordable, one of a kind gorgeous, website for their small business. We understand your needs and challenges because we are a small business too.

5th of Jan, 2008

One of the owners of Origin3 just got released from the State Prison not long ago and now he's been forced into rehab for his drug problems. I would run away very quickly and sue them now before their money is all gone up their noses.

5th of Jan, 2008

Hello Again,
    I previously posted & I would suggest everyone get together & post at the /link removed/ will have more visibility & the more posts we get, the worse it looks for origin3. I think people are mad enough to do a class action against them, although I do not think they will last that long. CHeck out the complaints at the [redacted] for them!

• Ke
      8th of Jan, 2008

Origin3 is a total rip off....they did the same thing to me as they did each of these consumers. It took them over 6 months to design my website and I had provided them everything they needed from day one. Now all there numbers are disconnected and I don't even know how to reach anyone?

• In
      9th of Jan, 2008

I hate to be the bringer of bad news here but Origin 3 is going out of business. The majority of their staff has left with the rest to go soon. They still have thier office space but I really don't know how long they are going to keep the doors open. If you paid them and are still waitng for a site I wouldn't count on it. I haven't seen any of the designers over there since before christmas.

• Ca
      9th of Jan, 2008

Well all of you I can top this I had a site already up and running with Origin3 my business has expanded so I needed to up date and build a new site. My designer gave me a price of $12,000 I thought it was a little steep but I said O.K on Dec 19th I gave them there first deposit of $6140.00 on Dec 22 Guess what no more Orgin3 they took my money and ran with it. They also deleted all my files from my first site so I had nothing. I contacted my bank they are doing on investigation and gave me a provisional credit. I hope I will get my money back. If any of you are interested in starting a class action suit I'm in.

• Ty
      10th of Jan, 2008

Same problems as everyone one else above.

Made promises that they couldn't keep.
    They have my money and now gone.

What are the names and numbers of the owner???

Contact me if anyone is interested in a lawsuit.

Tyler Hansen.

• Gu
      10th of Jan, 2008

this is amaizing am caling consumer report and any one ho should be doing something about this teaf. i found out that a so call owner has a my space page u wont belive whats there profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=64837314.

lets do something about..

• Cu
      10th of Jan, 2008

I have contacted American Express about this company, which has agreed to open a dispute resolution case on the basis of misleading and fraudulent services. American Express has immediately credited my account with the amount which was charged by Origin3. I highly recommend that all consumers who received unsatisfactory services contact the credit card company which they used for payment.

Because of my protection through American Express, it is unnecessary for me to pursue other legal action at this time. However, for those who are not as fortunate, I understand that there may be legal remedies even if Origin3 is structured as a Limited Liability Company, due to its gross misrepresentation of services. In particular, the limited liability protective shield may be "pierced" under circumstances in which the owners did not operate the business according to normally accepted practices. Thus, although Origin3 may be insolvent, its owners in this case may still be personally sued and liable for damages.

• Ha
      13th of Jan, 2008

You asked if someone found anyone that is an honest website designer, i found mjmDigital.com I had my3 page website built in 2 days. I was real Happy. I love my website. Matt, went way beyond to make my site nice. He even gave me an extra page to fit all my content in. I noticed that origin3 web site phone number is not working anymore.

• Sh
      16th of Jan, 2008

What a way to sink a company. I have worked with these guys, I am a coder and a designer (an honest one at that and unlike this guy above me ^ I am not pitching my services). Unfortunately two of the three owners (hence Origin 3) were bought out by the third who immediately changed the business plan, started partying till all hours of the night, did alot of 'sniffing', smelled like booze all the time, had his pregnant wife leave him because he was cheating on her, bought a jacked up truck while the rest of the employees didnt even get paychecks, started hiring all his buddies just released from jail, bought a recording studio (??????) , spent 1500 bucks of company money to have dinner with Tommy Lee (the loser drummer from Motley Crue), scared away any VC that was interested in the product, and basically walked around like a pimp (and snuck around the office avoiding all questions of "hey where is my check" from the employees). The employees, from what I heard, even went as far as not taking checks because they wanted to make this company work.

What i saw when I was there: these guys (all but the one) busted their butts to get sites delivered. They had good intentions. they wanted to make a web company that "didnt suck". All of the techy people who worked there (coders, content, and designers) were there because they liked their jobs, not to screw people over. If you want to point the finger point it at the guy who bought out the other two guys and pointed the company in a direction it had no business going in. Oh yeah, and if you got screwed outta cash recently by them maybe you should have done some research on the company you are investing in before you fork over a ton of money.

• Ji
      16th of Jan, 2008

### you, "Make ### Jewelry." People like us get cheated out of our money and you're sitting there, laughing your fat ###ing ### off? Go suck some Origin 3 ###, you [censored]. Oh, sorry, you already are. By the way, you laughed about how the media won't pay any attention to this? The Salt Lake Tribune did do an article about them, and the Better Business Bureau is helping people who got swindled. So ### you. You're probably the blood-sucking ###-eater that took the customer's money and ran.

The sales people made promises and cheated us out of our money. I'm helping my dad re-vamp and advertise for his Civil Engineering company. First, they promised to get something up and running within 3 weeks. I looked at their work, and they seemed like a solid company with real talent, so we hired them.

It was 3 weeks after we sent the up-front payment of $800 that we finally were sent the INITIAL logo concepts - they were terrible. I mean, a fifth grader with photoshop could have done a better job. I am not just spouting hyperbole here - it's not possible to exagerrate how horrible their "work" was. I've read a few posters above claim that the employees were good workers and had a good work ethic? I didn't see any evidence of that. We told them to re-do it, and we never heard back from them, and I kept trying to reach them for the entire month of December.

There is only one employee that was worth a damn there: Christopher Abbott. He offered to continue work on our site, and he really did his best to meet our needs. He couldn't, in the end, because we needed some things done on our site that he didn't have the resources to complete, but he tried.

I hope some of these guys from Origin see some real jail time. I know I'm going to report this to the BBB, and one way or another, I'm getting our money back. Before you get that dick out of your fat pie-hole to kiss Origin's ### some more and mock us for losing $800, "Make ### Jewelry, I just wanted to point out that while $800 isn't a huge some, it's still enough that it shouldn't be thrown around lightly.

• In
      16th of Jan, 2008

Russell Scott Burnett II has been a good con artist for many, many years. I wish everyone the best of luck getting back the money he stole from you. It will be hard to do since he has become very cleaver at hiding his name from most paperwork. If you all work as a team you will have a better chance of getting back what is rightfully yours. He has a new cell number probably in his wifes name and he has a head start at covering his tracks. You are not the first business venture he has used to screw others over for his own gain and if none of you act, you most certainly wont be the last. Has anyone else suspected him of drug use???