Oregan's Nissan / fraud with mvi

1 Kempt Rd.Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Review updated:

I took my truck into get an MVi done, tires changed out, trany fluid changeed and oil changed...they came up with three other things my truck needed (2005)...I had them do two of the three...the third was they said to pass inspection I would need a front lower ball joint replaced...and for them to do it would come as a whole unit and would cost and extra 900-1000 bucks! not having it at the time I called around and set up an appointment with another place who could just replace the lower ball joint instead of the whole unit..which is common. for a total of about 330 plus tax. Now, my complaint is that when I took it in to get fixed I was ready to pay the 330, however, on inspection from this other business they found absolutely NOTHING wrong with my ball joints at all!!!
I HAD MY WIFE TAKE MY TRUCK IN WHILE I WAS AT WORK, WE PAID THEM CLOSE TO 600 BUCKS FOR WORK DONE, THEY WANTED ANOTHER ALMOST 1000 BEFORE THEY WOULD PASS INSPECTION AND IT DIDN'T NEED IT!
This business could have taken my 330 I was willing to pay, but instead they were honest...SHAME ON OREGANS NISSAN!
This other business by the way was Wonder Auto on main street in Dartmouth...I recommend them for their honesty and good work I have had done in the past.

Al

Comments

• 20
      27th of May, 2011

On 3 seperate warrenty checksI have had Oregan's Nissan in Halifax tell me my brakes had to be done (2009 Nissan Murano). The last time they said I was pushing the limits and would only get another month out of them. I took it to Wonder Auto today (May 27) because they had a 1/2 price sale on life time breaks and their over the phone quote was much cheaper than at the dealer. After a free inspection which took about 20 minutes they tell me to come back later in the fall to have them looked at again. There are no issues with my brakes at this time but depending on driving habits they may have to be done before the end of the year.
    If I had let Oregan's Nissan(Halifax) replace the breaks over a year ago it would have cost me over $500.00 for new pads that were not required.
    So far I have been taking my vehicle there for regular warrenty checks and never questioned their work. This will change on future visits.