Oreck vacuum Xl / vacuum

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7757505399

My husband bought this vacuum 2 years ago, I had asked him to return it 1 month later
and he did not.
I have carpet and floors that i tried this vacuum on, it only picks up dust, on the floor does not brush the edges of the wall like it says, and it wont even pick up a french fry.
I also have carpet that is inside outside and on carpet that the show in the commercial
it is hard to use and by the time i was done vacuuming my lower back was sore
I kept my old vacuum and use it in stead.

When people see that I have this vacuum and ask me how I like it,
I turn it on and have them use it for 5 minutes and then ask them
what the think and the first response is that it hurts their back
as well, they also notice that it is hard to clean up chips or cookies

So I just wanted to let you know that over the last 2 years i have tried to
discourage people form buying this product not by word of mouth but by
EXAMPlE.

Ju

Comments

• De
      16th of Dec, 2008

I have had an Oreck for a few years and love it. The only time I had trouble with it picking up anything was when the belt needed replacing or the bag was full. I wonder if you might have got something stuck in the pipe??

I recently ran out of belts so i borrowed a friends vacuum. I had forgotten how heavy other vacuums are and I was really missing my Oreck when the borrowed vacuum took three or four passes to do the job my Oreck does.

• Sh
      24th of Dec, 2008

Are you really trying to pick up french fries with a vacuum!!! Seriously...I have had my Oreck XL for 9 years and the only thing I have to do is change a belt once in a while. Never have I had a problem with it but then again Im not trying to pick up french fries!

• Da
      28th of Feb, 2009

Friench fries and cookies...and Quarter Pounders are usually picked up by hand.

• Cy
      5th of May, 2009

Since when do we use a vacuum cleaner to pick up food? Get a shop vac!

• 24
      8th of Sep, 2009

Change your belt, [censored]. I hate the company because I worked for them and almost have gone bankrupt as a result. Having said that, the Oreck vacuum is great. Unfortunately, so much of the rest of there stuff has decreased dramatically in quality (i.e. Rinse-A-Matic, air purifiers) but the XL series vacs and the Orbiter are second to none.

17th of Jan, 2011

I would never buy another oreck. Although it is lightweight i don't feel it has the power to pick up certaine things especially christmas tree needles. This is my third year that i have been unable to do this task, every year I have to take it back to the store for them to check it and every year it comes back to me not quite right. It is not the bag I just changed it before I started. The machine cost a lot but I am seriously thinking about going back to a Hoover.

• Cj
      16th of May, 2011

We bought the Oreck XL 2 years ago and...it has never worked right.
    We are not picking up french fries here but common dust or dogs hair. We purchased this vacuum specifically for that reason asking the store attendant the features & benefits of this unit, fully explaining to her what conditions we have at home.
    We have changed bags after bags, belts after belts wondering if it was the "issue"
    This morning we called the Oreck customer service & followed their instructions but the result was the same.
    Now this information is for the San Diego County customers:
    They are 28 retail stores selling the Oreck vacuum cleaners line and...THERE IS ONLY ONE (1) WARRANTY STORE but...this warranty store is located THIRTY FOUR (34) miles from our house. If we lived in Chula Vista (San Diego County) it would be 64 (Sixty four) miles. Caculating the drive time & the price of gasoline you understand our frustration.
    Our vacuum cost us a total of $638.57, that is including taxes and the Hypo-Allergenic Vacuum Bags.
    In case that you are considering an Oreck vacuum cleaner please review our post.

• Gm
      25th of May, 2013

Don't shop at the Oreck in Lynnwood, WA. The store manager is very rude. I took my Oreck XL in for it's annual "free" service, which is supposed to be free. He wanted the "paperwork" that shows the vacuum gets free service. I have been using an Oreck for many years and always had the annual service for free. All of a sudden I am being told that it is not free only the first year owned. After informing him that I have always received free annual service, he said well it wasn't supposed to be done for free and that's why those people are no longer here. They were doing things they weren't supposed to. The Oreck XL does not do what it claims and does not have the power it claims. In one year I have had to change the belt 3 times. I will use this machine until it breaks down because I paid a lot of money for it but I will never buy another Oreck and they have lost a long time customer due to this store manager's bad customer service skills!