Oreck Vacuum / Bad service

After purchasing an Oreck vacuum last year I decided recently to get new carpeting ... Frez'e style, which is a twisted short shag, less than an inch long. To my dismay I found that I couldn't move it forward or backward due to the suction ... the vacuum doesn't have any lever for adjustment. So I called Oreck and asked them if they had some kind of alterations to fit the vacuum wheels to adjust it for my carpeting ... he said that they did not and noted that they've been experiencing this problem for over a year since the Frez'e carpeting has been put on the market, but the designers hasn't come up with a solution. So I'm stuck with a $400 vacuum that I can't use. What a shame ... a costly one
I want other consumers to be aware that if they decide to buy an Oreck they need to know that it's only good on the cheaper carpets that are flat with little pile ... because the vacuum is not adjustable.

Fr

Comments

• Gi
      9th of Jan, 2010
    Oreck Vacuum - Stopped working
    Gil Roy
    Oakland
    Maine

I vacuumed one room this morning and the vacuum stopped working, aren't these guaranteed for life. How do I get this taken care of. This house needs to be vacuumed soon, my Wife has a lung condition and I vacuum every other day.

• Gi
      9th of Jan, 2010

I haven 't received an answer yet

15th of Feb, 2010

Good luck. I have mine serviced periodically. It's a good vacuum cleaner, but needs much more service than my good old Hoover. It's stopped up now, and I'll have to take it to a repair shop.