Order No: 1106151201627384 / Product not Fit for Purpose / Not Quality Checked

1 61, fordbridge road, Ashford, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: +44 (0) 7753662138 or +44 (0)1784420082

Extremely Urgent

Head of Customer Service

It is nearly 6 weeks since I contacted you reference damaged goods as per the above Order No. I have sent numerous emails to you and liufeifei you had requested for photographs which were sent on as many as 5 occasions and finally to [protected]@lightinthebox.com on your request. I have addressed many communications to your CEO/Managing Director, Head of Customer services but to date you have decided to ignore all my communications. I ask is this the level of customer service you thrive on and is this how every customer who has a problem is dealt with? As stated previously, I will take this matter with UK trading standard for you have blatantly disregarded my correspondence. I have quite plainly requested you to instruct your courier to collect the product as it is "not fit for purpose" and is damaged. I want a full refund as detailed in every correspondance to date. I believe that in the name of good customer service, image and reputation of your organisation you will respond by return and make the customer feel wanted and return for more purchases.

I am at a real loss as to why you are silent on this matter. I have done everything you expected me to do and provided photographic evidence of the problem and what additional information are you waiting for? Your system makes it clear this order no is now closed, how is that possible when I am still waiting for a resolution and waiting for a response since forwarding the photographs and replying to your question some 4 weeks ago. The following emails tells the story. You are quite swift to acknowledge orders but where is that promptness for outstanding queries and issues relating to damaged and Wrong Products? Please have the decency, courtesy and diplomacy to respond to customer queries- I have paid good money +additional taxes+ unnecessary Insurance over and above what has been paid already at the point of order and this customer is legitimately entitled for a response.

Your co-operation & assistance very much appreciated.

Sent: Wed, Jul 27, 2011 11:47 pm

F.A.O. CEO/ MANAGING DIRECTOR

I have patiently waited over a week for you to respond and I am getting really tired of your total arrogant & don't care attitude. Are you going to respond or not if you do not I'll take this matter up with UK trading standards authority and take whatever action necessary to recover my money. I never realised that you have such a poor reputation and that your credibility as a reputable organisation is now at stake. You can surely restore your reputation and image and my faith in your organisation by a simple response explaining your course of actions to resolve this outstanding Problem

Your co-operation & assistance in this matter very much appreciated

Thanking You

Sent: Fri, Jul 22, 2011 9:40 am

Extremely Urgent No2

F.A.O: The Chief Executive Officer/ Managing

Dear Sirs

I am forced to address this to you since I had no response from the customer services manager to my last communications relating to the damaged / not fit for purpose product I had received on the above reference order. I trust you will get the customer servises to attend to this as a matter of urgency.

Please explain the reason for your long silence? Is this the level of customer service you pride yourself in? With your long silence and not responding to urgent client communication you have clearly failed on the promises and proud declaration you have made about your exceptional customer services on your web site. How long does it take to resolve a simple issue like this. I had suffered immeasurably over the last 6 weeks in trying to make you understand the problems and additional cost I had to encounter as a result of the "not fit for purpose - sub standard, quality unchecked" product dispatched to me. This was the second time a damaged item was sent to me.

Please respond by return and Demand that you refund the total cost including taxes and insurance+ additional call out charges as clearly explained previously. It is very distressing that you treat customers in this very appalling manner. Customers don't have to go through this heavy handed approach. I had submitted everything from photographs to a detail account of what is wrong with this product and more do you expected from the customer. I am requesting one last time for you to admit that a wrong / sub-standard had been sent to this customer and the only thing the customer requesting is to get your courier collect the item and make a full refund of the cost of the item £73.87+ Insurance & VAT £25.74 and call out charge for plumber £55.00 ( compensation) = £154.61. I most humbly request you to refer on -going communications to date to establish how much of an effort I had made to explain my position which appears to have fallen on deaf years. Whilst you may consider this very trivial and have no time in your busy schedule to investigate this I request your personal attention to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency.

Your co-operation and assistance in this matter is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Sent: Wed, Jul 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Extremely Urgent

F.A.O : Customer Services Manager - Extremely Urgent!!!

It is 6days since I sent my last communication with all relevant attachments and I am extremely perturbed and very surprised that you have decided to ignore the contents with the view that I'll not pursue the matter. However, rest assured I'll continue writing to you until I get a satisfactory response and the full refund including the additional charges as detailed in all my communications to date. I expect a response by return. Please revert with your proposed course of action to resolve this ongoing saga. As a existing customer I am really tired and find it very disappointing that you are unable to or not prepared to resolve this simple problem caused by this product which for all intents and purposes had not been quality checked and not fit for purpose. This would not have happened had the product gone through the correct quality check procedures. Please take immediate action to resolve this problem I am waiting for your response by return.

Sent: Wed, Jul 13, 2011 11:06 am
Subject: Re: Photographs

F.A.O : Customer Services Manager - Extremely Urgent!!!

This is extremelly frustrating - Why don't you refer to all the correspondence to date to check the Order No. I was Requested to forward the photographs to you ([protected]@lightinthebox.com) as your customer services did not receive the photographs forwarded on 4 occasions. the order Number in the sysytem is - [protected] and there is no mistake. I do not understand why you are unable to trace this order and why it has become so difficult. Please check your records carefully I am not making up order numbers on my own they are your order nos as clearly listed in the foregoing correspondance from the day the order was placed a month ago on 15th June. Please note I need a resolution by return if you still have a problem I'll contact your CEO or the Managing director directly to notify my displeasure how this matter had been handled to date and that I am losing the total confidence I had previously on your professional service and at the lack of urgency that has been shown and the shabby way I have been treated so far.
Please note what we received is exactly as shown on the photograph. The Photograph shows the unit when it is installed but the photographs we sent is before installation that is why you can see the Brass Casting with two connections Hot/Cold water. The Brass casting is is bent with the two outlets leaning at an angle (not Straight) make it difficult to install and trying to straighten it by force will totally damage the unit and therefore we have not attempted to rectify the problem as it is not possible as this is a complete brass casting. It the customer service is unable to identify the item or understand the problem I respectfully request you to seek Technical advice from your engineering dept. I am sorry I sincerely feel that I have been given the run around with no consideration to my custom and being an existing customer with previous purchases

Please note this has now become very urgent and I expect a response by return.

Your assistance & co-operation very much appreciated

Jayantha Silva

Here is a copy of the details that appear in your system.
Order Date: June 15, 2011
Order Number: [protected]
Order Total: US$ 117.74
What can I do with my Order now?
How can I contact Customer Service?

Order

June 15, 2011 12:02 PM Order received
June 15, 2011 12:02 PM Payment received
June 17, 2011 01:41 PM All shipped

Track my package

Here are the details of correspondence since order receipt that also appear in your system

Ticket ID: 1045991
Order Number: [protected] View order details
Order Date: June 15, 2011
< Back to My Tickets

Brass Waterfall Bathroom Sink Faucet (Wall Mount)

June 21, 2011 06:57 AMFrom: Jayantha Silva
Subject: Missing or wrong products
Additional information:
I am extremely disappointed that the product I received has a deformity (this can only be seen when the unit is placed on the floor with the middle and one side touching the floor and the other side with a 7-10mm gap making it difficult to install. My builder is not prepared to force fit the unit in case the unit is damaged in the process. The unit ordered on the previous ordefr was damaged and you were not able to provide a replacement due to long production time as confirmed by you. I waited good 4-6 weeks for the delivery of that unit now the same thinng has happened yet again causing more delays and we are unable to complete the shower room as the wash basin / Faucet cannot be installed in the absence of a Faucet. This has put intolerable preesue on us by the builder as they need to complete and if they leave they will not return to fix the unit. I am now let to rue my decision to go ahead with another unit from you. I was pleased with the 1st order and hence the reason to proceed with the second & third order. one item of the second order was oK. It is a real pity that the last two orders were were not handled correctly and had not been quality checked. This would not have happened if correct quality procedures had bee followed. Please note that I had incurred £25.74 additional charges - comprisiong £14 75 insurance in addition to the insurance I had already paid + £10 99 VAt. Please provide an explanation as to why I have to pay two sets of insurance charges for the same consignment. I request you make arrangements to collect this item and refund the Cost £73.87+ £25.74 additional Charges to the credit card at the earliest. I am now left to ponder what alternatives are available for me? Given the long lead times (except this time) I may have to go elsewhere for a replacement. I suggest you consider a compensation payment for all the aggravation this has caused. Please revert with your response and a solution to to this probles as amatter of urgency. I am waiting by my PC for your urgent response
Your co-operation very much appreciated
[protected]@aol.com
[protected]

June 21, 2011 10:13 PMFrom: Customer service
​Dear Customer,

We are really sorry for the problems you mentioned.�
Could you please provide us the photos that can verify the problem? If so, we really appreciate it and will help you resolve the problem in shortest time. Please send the photos as attachment when you reply this email and make sure the photos are sent in the form of "JPG".�

Note: Individual photo size cannot exceed 2MB. Number of photos cannot exceed 5.�
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a million for your kindly cooperation.

Customer Care

June 23, 2011 11:00 PMFrom: system
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting LightInTheBox.com's Customer Service team.

We haven't heard back from you in the past 48 hours since we last updated your ticket (1, 045, 991), and want to make sure we have resolved this problem to your satisfaction.

Please reply to this email so that we can offer you more assistance or move forward with your order.

If we don't hear from you in the next 48 hours, we will assume your question has been answered and your ticket will be closed. We sincerely appreciate your quick response and look forward to helping you with any remaining issues.

LightInTheBox.com

June 27, 2011 01:07 AMFrom: Jayantha Silva
Please find herewith photographs of the unit as requested. You can see from these the unit is bent in particular the unit in vertical position. Outlets are not straight and as explained in my first email the installer is not prepared to install the unit as making to look straight will damage the unit. It is pretty frustrating that this is the second time round this has happened either damaged or not fit for purpose. I am unable to wait any longer for replacement and due to the urgency of completing the bathroom I have purchased a wall mounted faucet from the UK and the unit is already installed. I would therefore be very much obliged if you cold arrange for collection and refund the money including the £25.74 paid on delivery to UPS which included £14 94 for Insurance & £10.80 VAT. I do not understand the Insurance as this was already paid at the time of purchase. Your urgent action and immediate refund of cost + Taxes (including additional Insurance) [£73.87 + £25.74 = £99.61) I also suggest that your company compensate me for the inconvenience and aggravation caused + the undue delay caused as a result of this and the damaged wall mounted faucet sent on the previous order. the new order was placed after a long online chat as a replacement for the order before yet I was left totally disappointed and caused major problems with my installer to whom I had to pay £55 for coming in to install it (as a call-out charge ) but he was unable fix it due to the problems as explained above.
Your co-operation very much appreciated

June 28, 2011 02:38 AMFrom: Customer service
Dear�Jayantha Silva,

Thank you very much for your cooperation. We are sorry that we haven't received the pictures yet. Would you please kindly send them again? Please don't worry. Once the problem is proved, we will handle the other problems as well.

Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.

June 29, 2011 04:45 AMFrom: Jayantha Silva
Hi
I had already send the photographs with my previous mail and three(3) photographs attached for your scrutiny.
I am looking forward to your urgent response and the the refund as per details explained previously. Your assistance much appreciated

June 29, 2011 10:10 PMFrom: Customer service
Dear Jayantha Silva,

We are really sorry that we didn't receive the pictures. Would you please send them again? Please check the upload photo(s) button to send the pictures there.

Your cooperation will be highly appreciated,

June 30, 2011 05:07 AMFrom: Jayantha Silva
This is the third time the photographs were uploaded into your system & transmitted. Please carefully peruse details of my two previous mails when responding. Once again I request you to instruct the courier to pick up the unit and refund the cost & additional Insurance+ VAT charges I had to incur on an urgent basis.
Your co-operation is very much appreciated
Your co-operation is very much appreciated

June 30, 2011 06:23 PMFrom: Customer service
Dear Jayantha Silva,

We are sorry again that we didn't receive the pictures. You can also try send the pictures to [protected]@lightinthebox.com with your order number.

We'd be very happy to help you when we receive your pictures.

---Original Message-----
From: 刘菲菲 <[protected]@lightinthebox.com>
To: Jayanthasilva <[protected]@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 12, 2011 6:35 pm
Subject: Re:Re: Photographs

Dear Customer,

Please be kindly advised that the pictures you sent to us is completely different to the one in the order [protected] . Is there any mistake? did we send you the wrong item?

Faye Liu

主题: Re: Photographs

Hi

As per your request Please find the Order No as follows:

Order Number: [protected]

Please refer to all the email correspondence relating to this order and respond as a matter of urgency. It has taken 5 attempts to forward the Photographs. As stressed in my last mail a wall mounted Faucet had been purchased from the UK and installed as I could not go through any more extended time delays. Early resolution of this matter would be much appreciated. Please ensure total funds (including VAT + Insurance) are refunded and attention is also drawn to the additional cost incurred for the Installer as clearly explained previously.

Your co-operation and assistance valued and appreciated

Thanking You

From: 刘菲菲 <[protected]@lightinthebox.com>
To: Jayanthasilva <[protected]@aol.com>
Sent: Sat, Jul 9, 2011 3:57 pm
Subject: Re:Photographs

Dear Customer,

We have been trying to find the order number for you, since you didn't tell us in the mail. However, we failed to find the order with this exact item. Would you please kindly tell us what the order number is?

Look forward to your reply.

Faye Liu

收件人: [protected]@lightinthebox.com
抄送: jan.[protected]@lr.org
主题: Photographs

To Customer Services

As per your request I am forwarding the Photoghraphs for the 4th time. Please note I could not wait any longer and could not take a further chance following the problems I faced over the last two orders. Due to the urgency in completing the Bathroom I had to source a Faucet from the UK in order to have it installed prior to my builder / installer leaving the property after completion following a major refurbishment of the property lasting over 15 months. I now have no requirement for this unit and need this matter resolved urgently. As explained previously please instruct your courier to collect the item and refund the full cost of £73.87 + Additiona Insurance &VAT (£25.74) Totalling £ 99.61 as a matter of urgency.

It is very disappointing that I did not receive the goods orderd in the condition I expected which has resulted in the items covered in the last two orders the Products being returned. It is also frustrating that despite forwarding Photographs 3 times as instructed using your own download facility you had not received them and hence the reason for this long drawn out affair. I trust you would make every effort to resolve this matter immediately. Please note that as a result of the faulty items I had incurred additional cost of £55.00 from the installer for being in attendance to install the unit which he was not prepared install in the event the unit is damaged . I have previously listed the details. Please also note it is the the second time this happed and the installer waived his charges the first time but not this time round. I trust you will consider all I have to go through and refund the total cost as listed above and in adddition consider the compensatiion payment of £55.00 I incurred from the Installer.

Your co-operation in this matter is very much appreciated

Thanking you

Order No: 1106151201627384

Comments

• Do
      Aug 01, 2011

I'm getting the feeling that this company has either stopped trading or are now under a different name, and to be honest you have more chance of getting your money back as urinating in the queens handbag,
    :( I'd let it go as this seems to be making you very upset.